It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My heart goes out to the pets of old people who die.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Some of these beloved pets are taken care of by friends or relatives. But many end up in shelters, unlikely to be given a new home if they are old. They lived a pampered life, and then they end up in a cage, in a state of trauma due to the abrupt change in their life.

The old woman who lives next door has two dogs. She lives next door, and I worry about her dogs when she dies.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by droid56

Maybe you could talk to her, and let her know circumspectly that if "anything" where to "happen" where the pets needed cared for you would be able to help.

I know that most of the elderly in my area have neighbors or friends that are planned to take care of the pets if such a situation arises.

edit on 11-2-2014 by AprilFooseball because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I understand. My almost 14 year old dog died this morning and I am devastated. I know if I had died first he would have suffered because the few times I left him even a day or so in someone else's care he was miserable til I got home. Pets grieve as well and it really is awful that many who lose their humans also lose everything familiar to them, or worse.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by igloo

Dear Igloo - the hurt you are feeling must be devasating. I'm so sorry about your beloved dog.

Everyone should have something prepared in their will, with an allocated amount to go towards care of the pet, food, etc.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by igloo

I'm so sorry for the loss of your companion.

Just know, you will see him again.

top topics

join