It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran claims new generation of 15-times-faster centrifuges, and tests new missiles

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I think it's starting to look like a safe thing to say that whole secret deal concept the US had going with Iran just didn't work out too well. That's a lot of damage done around the region for an idea that didn't work. Trial and Error fits in some things...but it's rough in international politics. Yikes.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

ik9zeroE

dragonridr

ik9zeroE
As of January, 2013:

Nuclear Power Plants Worldwide

The United States is a nuclear power house, with 104 nuclear reactors.
Iran has only one.

And this shows what exactly?

With that question, I'll have to refer you to the quote in your signature and then ask: do you see only what you're conditioned to see?

I feel simmering anger in your response. That's okay, I have anger issues too. Well I'm far past anger really but that's not the point. Anger is danger, and danger deranges. Simple truth.

What there is to see is who the nuclear power house really is. Personally, I love Iran and they're a HERO to me. It is the United States who we all should be worried about. In a compassionate way, really. I think the United States has lost its mind.
edit on 2.13.2014 by ik9zeroE because: typo

Well didnt mean to make you angry (your not going to strap on a bomb or anything are you?) but might i suggest in the future you might try making a point in the first place.Well Since iran is your hero thats a very odd statement by the way. Than why do they keep pushing the international community with threats see no one said they cant have nuclear reactors contrary to whatever you might have heard. They just dont want them turned into breeder reactors because we all know there is only one reason to refine plutonium and it isnt for peaceful purposes. Just so you know there is only two reactors in the US capable of making weapons grade plutonium at the moment the reactors have to be modified.

Just so you know Iran is of little concern its the government that scares people i personally know several iranians and even they admit there government is screwed up. This tends to happen when you send people out of the country and they can see the lies for themselves. See no matter how you put it there government is ran by a fanatical religious faction who believes the end of the world is coming and they need to help prepare the world for it. Doesnt sound so bad until you realize how they want to do it.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   

charles1952
reply to post by ik9zeroE

Please forgive me for jumping into your conversation, but I'm not well versed in things nuclear. Is the number of power plants a nation has related to the number of nuclear weapons it has? Does a nation need so many power plants in order to have a nuclear weapon?

I've heard that power plants use 5% enriched Uranium. If I'm wrong, please correct me. If 5% is enough for a power plant, how does that connect with Iran's enrichment to 20% and their announced plans to enrich to a higher degree of purity?

Thanks in advance for your clarification of these questions.

Your right 5 percent is what a nuclear plant needs,This is easily processed by acid turning uranium into a gas. But if you want to refine uranium further for example to make a bomb thats where the centrifuges come in. Well since alot of people dont know this i guess ill explain. Suppose you want to make a nuclear bomb you have to separate the U-235 and the U-238. The first step is to react the uranium with hydrofluoric acid. This turns the uranium into a gas U-238 atoms are slightly heavier than the U-235 atoms,so to separate them you can put them into a centrifuge.Remove the gas from the center of a centrifuge and and youll have slightly more U-235 than U-238 have that gas move into the next one and repeat the process.At a uranium enrichment plant, thousands of centrifuges are chained together in long cascades.At the end of a long chain of centrifuges, you have uranium hexafluoride gas containing a high concentration of U-235 atoms.Now you need to turn the uranium hexafluoride gas back into uranium metal. You do this by adding calcium. The calcium reacts with the fluoride to create a salt, and the pure uranium metal is left behind. With this highly concentrated U-235 metal you can make your bomb or lie and say your going to use it for medical research.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I think it's starting to look like a safe thing to say that whole secret deal concept the US had going with Iran just didn't work out too well. That's a lot of damage done around the region for an idea that didn't work. Trial and Error fits in some things...but it's rough in international politics. Yikes.

Im intrigued which deal was that? i can only think of two and that involved the Shah and that wasnt good for anyone.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

That would be the deal they still aren't allowing "just anyone" to even see or read the text of. They claim one thing and Iran immediately comes out and says it's B.S. or a spin to the real agreement. The White House portrays Iran as being a problem well on the way to being solved, and Iran announces new expansion and development of precisely what that agreement was supposed to, according to WH officials, have solved.

White House Keeping Tabs on Who Views Secret Iran Deal

Obama has ‘head handed to him’ in secret Iran sanction deal amid nuclear talks

New Iran agreement includes secret side deal, Tehran official says

Iran nuclear deal changes Middle East alliances as Saudi Arabia rebels against US

I'm surprised you hadn't heard of it.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

dragonridr

ik9zeroE

dragonridr

ik9zeroE
As of January, 2013:

Nuclear Power Plants Worldwide

The United States is a nuclear power house, with 104 nuclear reactors.
Iran has only one.

And this shows what exactly?

With that question, I'll have to refer you to the quote in your signature and then ask: do you see only what you're conditioned to see?

I feel simmering anger in your response. That's okay, I have anger issues too. Well I'm far past anger really but that's not the point. Anger is danger, and danger deranges. Simple truth.

What there is to see is who the nuclear power house really is. Personally, I love Iran and they're a HERO to me. It is the United States who we all should be worried about. In a compassionate way, really. I think the United States has lost its mind.
edit on 2.13.2014 by ik9zeroE because: typo

Well didnt mean to make you angry (your not going to strap on a bomb or anything are you?) but might i suggest in the future you might try making a point in the first place.Well Since iran is your hero thats a very odd statement by the way. Than why do they keep pushing the international community with threats see no one said they cant have nuclear reactors contrary to whatever you might have heard. They just dont want them turned into breeder reactors because we all know there is only one reason to refine plutonium and it isnt for peaceful purposes. Just so you know there is only two reactors in the US capable of making weapons grade plutonium at the moment the reactors have to be modified.

Just so you know Iran is of little concern its the government that scares people i personally know several iranians and even they admit there government is screwed up. This tends to happen when you send people out of the country and they can see the lies for themselves. See no matter how you put it there government is ran by a fanatical religious faction who believes the end of the world is coming and they need to help prepare the world for it. Doesnt sound so bad until you realize how they want to do it.

You didn't make me angry. I sensed anger in your response to my brief comment, so I acknowledged it (and related to it).

I'm a bit religious, myself. In fact, I've just lit some incense and candles which sit upon my beautiful altar. I'm looking to still myself... feel some peace, calm and tranquility. And it's working.

If nuke = Iran is the thinking of the majority, I cannot agree.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yeah theres only one reason Iran wants to continue with the centrifuge research and development. I didnt think you were talking about that its not a secret washington caved. They basically said ok fine your refining uranium you can continue to do so the only thing this agreement does is instead of a nuclear bomb theyll only be able to make an atomic bomb. Dont know if anyone can consider that a victory.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has reportedly said that Iran’s nuclear program will remain intact. Speaking to reporters, Zarif commented that the country will not close any program.

inadailynews.com...'s-nuclear-program-will-remain-intact-says-Foreign-minister-Zarif-154

edit on 4-3-2014 by INANEWS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

INANEWS

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has reportedly said that Iran’s nuclear program will remain intact. Speaking to reporters, Zarif commented that the country will not close any program.

inadailynews.com...'s-nuclear-program-will-remain-intact-says-Foreign-minister-Zarif-154

The NPT gives Iran the right to develop nuclear energy not to mention Iran has had more inspections by the IAEA and still no evidence of them building any bombs. Israel however has an illegal nuclear program with hundreds of nukes and everyone just looks the other way. It isn't right for America to place sanctions against one nation that is staying within the treaty they signed and say nothing about Israel when they are the ones that is breaking international law.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

buster2010

INANEWS

The NPT gives Iran the right to develop nuclear energy not to mention Iran has had more inspections by the IAEA and still no evidence of them building any bombs. Israel however has an illegal nuclear program with hundreds of nukes and everyone just looks the other way. It isn't right for America to place sanctions against one nation that is staying within the treaty they signed and say nothing about Israel when they are the ones that is breaking international law.

As far as Iran actually the IAEA reports that Iran was indeed trying to produce weapons grade uranium. As part of the deal they brokered to unsieze assets and lift some restrictions they demanded that Iran stop this immediately as part of the agreement.As for Isreal your in the wrong thread this isnt about Isreal if you want to discuss that start a thread. Because its immaterial what Israel does it has no effect on Iran. Its like saying well north Korea has nuclear weapons well there under sanctions as well. If the UN can prevent every country from developing nuclear weapons the world is a little safer. Look at Pakistan and India they both went nuclear and are busy building so many nukes because the other side has them. If we can prevent this from starting in the middle east it helps prevent a nuclear war. Because people dont realize how dangerous the situation is between Pakistan and India it could easily go nuclear.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This is exact same BS N.Korea used.Delay,pretend to negotiate,delay etc.Until one day you wake up to the news that Iran's now a nuclear armed nation.And whereas N.Korea is basically confined(for now)to the peninsula Iran would have little problem lighting the fuse for WWIII in the M.E.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join