It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Delays Obamacare Mandate for Small Businesses Until 2016

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Don't be confused. The ONLY way ObamaramaCare can possibly work is if the individual mandate is in place FIRST. The costs are so extraordinarily high to have AND USE Obamaramacare, that businesses would go under trying to pay for their employees healthcare.

Businesses (successful ones at least) are run by people who can see down the road a few miles. They're not going to take on a financial burden certain to bury them.

Postponing ObamaramaCare for businesses silences their COMMON SENSE arguments in the press. The whole ploy is to get money out of middle class pockets ... not wealthy (50 plus employee) businesses.

Forrest for the trees ...

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Wookiep

dukeofjive696969
have your buddys give ya stars, dont worry the rest of the world is having a blast.

The rest of the world is having a blast? That's news to me.. Anyway, I hope you realize that Canada is a puppet country with a puppet govt as well, and once the U.S. collapses Canada is going down flaming into the night along with us.

Yeah !

Don't you just love 'globalism' ?

One goes down they all do.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dukeofjive696969

We don't need another Bush, we already got Obama, deficits will never be fixed no matter how much rhetoric and promises of future predictions are propagandized for votes, we are living in a trillion dollar budgets, if you know your math you know that no former president and their predictions of future deficit reductions has work yet, because every year is a new trillion budget and trimmings that needs to be fulfilled, so it never add up at the end, the debt will keep growing regardless.

Americas government has become too humongous to control and trim, it needs to be fed with tax dollars and the working productive class will still be targeted with taxes like ACA the most.

Wait when you become a productive working class tax payer and you will see how hard is to keep you hard earned dollars, but if you are within the working poor you will not have problem getting your welfare.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Most small businesses already hired part time only, so they have a big turn around when it comes to losing and hiring people, all they have to do is like you said freeze the hiring and keep it under 50, no laws broken.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Not a bad scam...so this is how it works.

Notice, no one is delaying implementation? You're still expected to be signing up and taking your coverage...and those who've been dropped and have none won't be getting much without Obamacare or the net of the Medi- programs.

Delaying how it's 'supposed' to be paid for just gives more time for Government to become the defacto single payer. By 2016, people will have accepted the way the 'temporary' extra spending is already covering things. Phony money or not, since that's something people are already conditioned to now.

Pretty clever, if that's what this is..and it sure looks like that's how it'll work. Screwed to the end by the ACA.

edit on 10-2-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The Really clever part, is that even people who can't afford to be covered have an account. That account is an instrument of debt. Now you can get hurry-up care at a 'debt' of $800-$2000, or you can wait for an appointment @ $75 like everyone else. I guess it does have one bright spot.

Even Beez might crack a smile at that.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

xuenchen
reply to post by BritofTexas

How does it help small business?

It helps small business because.....

The National Restaurant Association, whose nearly 500,000 members were concerned because many industry employees work odd schedules and do not receive benefits, lauded the phase-in. “It’s welcome news, as is anything that helps employers figure this out and gives them time to comply,” said the group’s director of labor and workforce policy, Michelle Neblett, who noted that many members do not yet have systems in place to keep track of worker hours.

White House delays health insurance mandate for medium-sized employers until 2016

However....

Officials said that any business claiming they are eligible for the new one-year delay because they have fewer than 100 workers must certify, under penalty of perjury, that it had not reduced its workforce merely to qualify for that exemption.

Delayed: Obamacare’s employer mandate for small businesses

Are there more than one reason?

A few more than one, yes..

About 7.8 million workers are employed by the affected businesses.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

BritofTexas
To help Small Business.

How it "Helps Small Business" is that it HURTS small business!

If it was ever going to "Help" it would be implemented as SOON as possible!
edit on 11-2-2014 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
double post
edit on 11-2-2014 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Exactly.

The Healthcare Act is the "kill switch" for small business. Nothing that Obama is doing is going to help any small business.

Like raising the minimum wage to a little over $10/hour will cost companies more money for lesser skilled workers. Not too mention people will make more money, which will raise the cost of living. More money = more cost.

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Kill Switch is a very good descriptive!

I just hope someday soon someone gets a video or recording of this
bunch behind the scenes, laughing and clapping their hands with glee.
Because that is what they are doing.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Indeed.

Future generations will look back on these days and facepalm. I really feel sorry for the people living in the next one hundred years.

Hopefully America will be a lot better by then, but I wouldn't hold my breath... I try to stay optimistic. :/

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

At this rate all any country with any claim to a reasonably developed economy has to do is topple and the whole thing is going under, so I don't see what right anyone has to jeer. They likely aren't standing on any firmer footing than anyone else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join