It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Delays Obamacare Mandate for Small Businesses Until 2016

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
For the second time now, the employer mandate that says small businesses must offer workers health insurance has been delayed.

Now the mandate will start January 2016.

This is confusing.

This could easily force more employees onto the exchanges possibly at their own expense?

WASHINGTON, Feb. 10 (UPI) -- The employer mandate under the U.S. healthcare reform law has been delayed until 2016 for smaller companies, the federal government said Monday.

It's the second time the deadline for businesses to either offer their workers health insurance or pay a penalty has been pushed back. This time it affects businesses with between 50 and 99 employees, the Hill reported.

The Obama administration said while those companies will now have until January 2016 to come into compliance with the Affordable Care Act, known as Obamacare, they will not be allowed to trim their workforce to get below the threshold, the Washington newspaper said.

White House Delays Obamacare Mandate for Small Businesses Until 2016

2nd story...

And can anyone see what else the story says?

What is the "Hidden" point here?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Nothing to be confused about.

Delayed til after the 2016 election.

Only reason.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Proof that it is a mess.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

xuenchen

To help Small Business.

And I didn't even have to shout.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

How does it help small business?

Are there more than one reason?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

BritofTexas

xuenchen

To help Small Business.

And I didn't even have to shout.

They didn't shout it either...they would rather hide it.
(...shhh...gotta help them dems win....)

Obama cares nothing about small business only his own behind. Push it off till he is out of office, and he don't have to deal with it!

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The way i read it he is forcing small business to maintain more than 50 employees if they already have more than 50. Great way to insure no layoffs when everyone realizes the stock market is artificially inflated and cutbacks are needed. Now the government is going to step in and
Dictate
how business owners are going to manage their labor force.

When is someone going to help this moron? He is obviously lost or has ill will towards America or hes taking orders from someone.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

And with all the manufactured numbers and the truth about the fiasco of enrolling that ACA has become, it could be the reason why the government is letting businesses delay enrollment to force people into signing for the exchange to claim that ACA is doing great.

As we know big businesses usually offer health care packages along with the salaries because is call a package deal, but small businesses with less than 50 employees usually hire on part time status to avoid giving employees health care.

So we know how desperate the government is that wants people to be forced into ACA, let no forget the Medicaid new qualifying individuals that will be depending on the government and the states along with the working tax payers to support this growing numbers.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Small businesses already knows how to ride ACA, all they have to do is keep the numbers of employees under 50 and on partime status.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Obama wanted to help small business he wouldn't passed the Care Act.

And his party would not have created SS, and Medicare.

Or Workmans comp Insurance.

And unemployment insurance,

And they wouldn't even speak a work about 'raising the minimum wage'

All of the above kills small business owners.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Obama: 'That's the Good Thing as a President, I Can Do Whatever I Want'

www.weeklystandard.com...#

If it looks like a dictator,sounds like a dictator.

It's a Dictator.

My my Mr. Obama quite the arrogant man aren't ya.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

But of course!
Obamacare is so great, so helpful, so wonderful.... that the great leader has decided to delay implementation.

Why is that ? He must want to punish people that work for small businesses if he is holding back that wonderful program from them.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
You gusy are right, a business should have more rights than a person, cut that healthcare, keep the rich getting richer, make sure you slowly fall into a third world country in healthcare, to go with the education system that is a joke.

Get the republicains back in the house, and they will save the world. like they did in the past, back to that 10 trillion deficit that the reps build up, those silly democrats where only able to add 6 trillion in 6 years, thats not enough.

Too bad i cant vote, cause id make sure Bush number 3 would be in office in 2016 and get that deficit fixed.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dukeofjive696969

Yeah well how has the last 6 years of Democrats 'saving the world' been working out.

What do we have to show for it ?

Other than 7 trillion dollars more in debt.

The epic failures, Benghazi, the big bad NSA is bigger than ever.

There's a drone coming near an American citizen soon

And the Care Act

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I was wondering if anyone was going to point out that it's now illegal to trim labor force to get below the numbers for the mandate.

I'm wondering how they will prove that a small business is doing it for those reasons specifically or will they just have to freeze their workforce and then go entirely out of business? So instead of some having their jobs saved, everyone in the business will just have to go out of work.

Brilliant!

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Delayed until after the next election, that gives them 4 years to create something to make people forget about the problem.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I love you man, crying and pointing the finger at the people that dont think like you, your country is going down the drain, and all you got is but but but. Obama is a pupet, just like all your past presidents, but yea keep up your daily cry fest and have your buddys give ya stars, dont worry the rest of the world is having a blast.

And you think i like obama lol
edit on 10-2-2014 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Here's some more "clarity" to add to the confusion.

It seems the middle class worker who has a job at a small employer is the target.

Under the new rule, the Treasury Department said businesses with fewer than 100 workers would not be required to cover their workers in 2015 or face a fine. It gave bigger businesses with more than 100 workers extra time to ramp up coverage.

It’s only the largest employers who will be affected, as the White House points out. The group that will get the delay until 2016 — businesses with between 50 and 100 workers — are just 2 percent of all employers in the country. And the businesses with more than 100 workers, the main ones that will feel the weight of the mandate, are another 2 percent of the nation’s employers, and many of those big companies already provide health insurance for workers.

Obamacare delay sparks new mandate fight

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I guess we now know the number one issue that will take the stage with the next election:

www.weeklystandard.com...
2017project.org...

The 2017 Project, with which we’re associated, has developed an alternative to Obama’s 2,700 pages of federal largess. The proposal builds upon prior efforts by conservative policymakers and thinkers, including recent proposals from the House Republican Study Committee (RSC) and a trio of senior GOP senators (Tom Coburn, Richard Burr, and Orrin Hatch). It would solve the three core problems that called out for real reform even before the Democrats passed Obamacare: getting more people insured; dealing with the problem of preexisting conditions; and lowering costs. In providing politically attractive and substantively sound solutions to these three core concerns, it would justify bringing an end to Obamacare, and thus would pave the way for full repeal.

edit on 10-2-2014 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

dukeofjive696969
have your buddys give ya stars, dont worry the rest of the world is having a blast.

The rest of the world is having a blast? That's news to me.. Anyway, I hope you realize that Canada is a puppet country with a puppet govt as well, and once the U.S. collapses Canada is going down flaming into the night along with us.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join