It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Shocking" baby exercise practice termed "Baby Yoga" - extremely controversial

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Sorry but there is such thing as common sense and risking injury to a baby is not using common sense! Poor little innocent babies must be wondering what the hell is happening to me?????? Sometimes they are hanging by just an arm or leg, being swung around and twisted. That is insane!

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Well, I watched a PBS special one time, where, I believe it was in India, they dropped babies off of a tower, or high building, catching them in a blanket below. They said in the documentary that not one baby had been dropped or hurt.

So, this is my take.
I understand cultural differences. If it can be proven there is no injury at all to the child, I guess I don't think it should be outlawed or anything.

But as for me, ever trying anything that extreme with my sons, or my grandsons, like the video, or the documentary,
NO STINKING WAY!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I saw the original video and it was hard to watch for sure. I saw it on Perezhilton's website via his FB page. I could only find it on his site. I was trying to find more information on it myself but couldn't find anything and he has since taken the post down on both pages.

I really have no opinion on it to be honest. It is a different culture. Who am I to judge what others do in their culture? If this is something they have down for decades for whatever reason then why should I be all upset? If the babies are not being hurt or injured as a result then why should I get upset? Sure it was CRAZY to watch and I would never do anything like that with my child but something told me while watching the video that this was done for some purpose. I was thinking some kind of flexibility training or training period for something.

Every culture is different and there will be things that people don't like. I"m sure to other cultures out there feeding your kid McDonalds is unacceptable and wrong yet people do it anyways.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Jakal26
reply to post by Brotherman

Seriously.....? Take a look at the video for yourself....That is a doll, I cannot help that you may not see that and believe another over your senses but I, for one, call complete bs on the video itself.

Now, did I say "baby yoga" doesn't happen and isn't common in certain places around the world? No. Am I saying that now? No....

That doll is stiff....watch the legs, that is all it takes.

Common sense will say what she did there would have killed it...or at least caused it to instinctively "resist" (for lack of a better term coming to mind quickly, as I am a bit tired and tipsy)
By "resist" I mean, would have been tensing up and releasing muscles, legs would have been squirming...etc

Have you ever done anything anywhere near similar to a small child?
Not the crazy outlandish parts....just swinging and holding upside down or "bouncing" a child (not this young btw....would not be safe this young)...

I have....
What is done in the video could not be done and isn't done.....

I hate to point out that the baby is in fact not fake. Read the article and/or google the theme "baby yoga" not fake.

The text above me is what I said, I wasn't saying you said baby yoga was fake I was saying that the baby in the video, not fake. Also I wasn't going to try and do the reading for you so told you what to do to find something to read, pretty basic. I did read that you have conceded and now believe that baby is in fact real, no need to go on about that anymore.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

It is a different culture. Who am I to judge what others do in their culture?

A girl gets punished for being raped. Well….who are you not to judge?

I know this is loosely on topic. I'm just very fascinated with the prominent belief we should respect other cultures beliefs without moral scrutiny.

Judge: form an opinion about something after careful thought.

To judge really just means to think hard about something. I really don't think we should take our thinking caps off every time it's outside ones culture. There are obvious instances where we didn't hesitate. For example Hitler's actions. Should we have respected the Nazis because it's a different culture? Yes that's extreme, but it demonstrates we have breaking points. We can't determine what those are unless we judge. Not advocating violent opposition just opposition itself if called for.

So I would rather us all be very open to judging baby yoga.

Perhaps after we do we will judge it positively.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
babies and toddlers don't need yoga...they are yoga.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Although some moves don't look optimal...
(to avoiding shaken baby syndrome and/or the chance of actuality dropping the child and breaking it's neck)

...I will stay open minded here.

I mean,our bodies our built to grow and adapt. We all know that the older we are, the less we do so.
So why not? I wouldn't be surprised that baby yoga could bring forth many positive aspects.

But milder please!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

CX

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I just remember my brother as a toddler being swung around by a neighbour whilst they were playing.....his arm and leg dislocated and he was screaming his head off.

Had problems all through his life with his arm and leg sockets after that.

I'd be interested in the G force on the babys brain when doing that.

CX.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join