It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My dark/light button won't work, can anyone help?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Now i wouldnt normally make a thread over something as little as this, but the truth is, I need the button to work. My eyesight seems to be getting worse, I know its due to getting older, but thats life.
I really need to change this screen to light, because i can barely see it on the dark screen. I love my ATS, I wanna read it probably. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Aww come oh guys, im going blind here.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Try just rebooting your computer. Fixes things 9 times out of 10.

If that fails, find a high school kid; bribe with pizza. Hand over keys to computer/laptop whatever. Wait three minutes.

Mission Accomplished.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

If pressing the dark/light option button doesn't work....I'd suggest clearing your internet cache of all cookies and logging in again. It should default to the Light Option automatically.

Hope this helps.

edit on 2/10/14 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting error - amended

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
you didnt give much info, but run ccleaner www.filehippo.com...
if that doesnt help try resetting your browser or trying another one.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Rikku

Write
Rebooted, working, thanks everyone. Everthing seems to be alWIGHT now, pardon the pun.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

GENERAL EYES

If pressing the dark/light option button doesn't work....I'd suggest clearing your internet cache of all cookies and logging in again. It should default to the Light Option automatically.

Hope this helps.

Dangitall, Mods, don't you know telling us old people (I can tell by the eyesight comment) to 'clear your internet cache of all cookies and log in again' is y'know... like Greek, Latin and Sumerian all rolled into one?

I just turn the damn thing off, turn it on again, make a cup of tea while it's getting its act together and hope for the best.

The 'pizza and a high school kid' fix is Plan B.

Plan C, which never fails, is finding a smart 3rd grader. They're even easier to bribe, chocolate chip cookies usually being sufficient.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

signalfire

GENERAL EYES

Hope this helps.

Dangitall, Mods, don't you know telling us old people (I can tell by the eyesight comment) to 'clear your internet cache of all cookies and log in again' is y'know... like Greek, Latin and Sumerian all rolled into one?

I just turn the damn thing off, turn it on again, make a cup of tea while it's getting its act together and hope for the best.

The 'pizza and a high school kid' fix is Plan B.

Plan C, which never fails, is finding a smart 3rd grader. They're even easier to bribe, chocolate chip cookies usually being sufficient.

Thank you for saying what I was thinking. on being told to clear a" watch you macall it "of caches, my first thought was, WWWHaattt? We really are showing out ages, but thanks to the guy whu suggested it,
One thing tho, the kids of today,bet they cant do long division in theire heads. I can.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Everyone should know how to clean the cache, history, and cookies from their browser, and/or how to put their browser into "safe mode" if their browser supports it.

The program CCleaner linked above by Rikku does what I mentioned easily with the click of a button or two.

It's also wise to have a second and/or third browser installed to troubleshoot internet and website issues, and to make sure it's not a browser issue.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It's always a handy thing to be familiar with your browsers Options.
One of the first thing I showed my husband was clearing history, cookies and cache.

Trust me, he is far from tech savvy.
And, I bet there is even a YT vid showing how to do these things ;-)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Until I got a new computer, I wenged like a great artist who had finally been cornered into the blind alley of 'country' music. I started to carry a chain wallet, and began to a effect a 'drawl', in my speaking, to boot. This really clashed with my disco roots.

Only in the night could I make out anything, on the past version of ATS. Eventually the screen tore up into a sort of zig zag lightning bolt which flickered and yielded only three inches of space. By prodding about the exposed windings at the rear of the CRT, with a rosewood chopstick, I was able to adjust the size of the visible sliver to yield another inch or so, but only briefly, after start up~if~it would start up. It was horrible. I knew I was on the wrong path.

But now it's so much better.

With the new machine, I find the dark format to be more than I could ask for, and with far less eye strain than the light version.

I keep the machine's brightness at the 1st or 2nd setting, in an effort to prolong screen pixel life.

I have found that eyesight, just like those lines on your palm, does change. Two years ago I was holding books at arm's length, and just barely making it. Today, it is better than perfect. I am able to see clearly from 6 inches and out. Not everything is entropy, but don't take my word for it. Ask the one who designed the eye. Anything is possible.

Get yourself a new machine, little one.

# 144
edit on 10-2-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join