It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone else felt taste in a dream before?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Last night I had one of the most absurd and surreal dreams that I can remember.
Don't remember all of it, but I know it involved me and someone I know, and we were in this garden where there was this giant mushroom, we were discussing it, and decided to have a bite.
It was almost sweet, but there was this other quality to it, I can't really describe it.
When I woke up I still had this strange but not unpleasant taste in my mouth, something like I have never tasted before.
My dreams are usually very monotone and 'insipid', and can almost never remember them. So it was a big deal for me.
Just wondering, has anyone else felt such senses such as taste or smell in dreams, and remember these feelings once awake?

edit on 10/2/14 by athousandlives because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by athousandlives

Ummmm.....You can't even "feel taste" in real life, how are you going to achieve this even in a dream world? Those are 2 completely different senses buddy!

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

No , not even during ' dream ' oral sex .

It's a good question , thanks S/F.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The thing I have difficulty with in dreams is reading things. They're not happening on the right (or it is left) side of the brain, so that limits it a lot. Nothing available to interpret symbols.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I experienced taste in a dream once that I can remember. I found myself fishing by diving into a lake at night with a knife. When I managed to cut a fish I wound up in my kitchen with two plates of rice with chunks of the fish on top in a sauce I'm not familiar with. I looked at my girlfriend and said something like… "Here's dinner, not sure how it's going to taste. Let me know if it needs salt." She smiled. After handing her a plate I took a bite, the meat had the consistency of very very tender lamb. The rice tasted like rice and the sauce despite appearing a bit thick imparted just the right amount of something similar to a pleasant vegetable broth flavor. In addition to the taste and consistency the food was warm which I found odd.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I think you swallowed a spider... happens to me (US) more than you think

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Yes, I have all of my senses when I dream.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
No not taste, though I do believe I have eaten in a dream before. That is kind of interesting to experience in a dream I would imagine.

I can smell scented things and people sometimes in my dream, I can smell water in some of my dreams. Also I see numbers sometimes words but often times its just numbers. My dreams are vivid, almost always very colorful.

Dreams are fascinating, I do not understand their purpose but they are so fun to analyze anyway.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Blue Shift
The thing I have difficulty with in dreams is reading things. They're not happening on the right (or it is left) side of the brain, so that limits it a lot. Nothing available to interpret symbols.

This is pretty common. Digital clocks also will act funny/odd. This is one of the ways you can tell if you're dreaming.

Here's a trick I did for a while:

Take a card and put a symbol on each side. Perhaps put a star on one side and a circle on the other. Now, every so often (3-5 times a day) in your waking life take it out, look at the first image and then flip the card over and look at the second. If you do this frequently for long enough -- you'll find yourself doing it in your dreams. I usually tried to tie looking at the card to something I do anyway as part of my daily routine. After brushing my teeth, before I get out of my car at work ect.

Now, the cool thing is that when you start doing this in your dreams, chances are that one of the two symbols won't be what they really are in your waking life. This is how you can tell if you are dreaming or not.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Yeah awhile back I had a dream of drinking whiskey, when I woke up I had that taste in my mouth. I was probably sleep walking even though I've never done that. I think.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

This is very similar to an exercise I developed to teach a friend how to lucid dream. You have to realize you're dreaming to take control, so if you introduce a visual cue from the waking world then when it appears in your dream it will alert you to "wake up" so to speak, within the dream. You have to be careful though. If you're new to lucid dreaming, the first few times this actually works might excite you into fully waking up.

Sorry for derailing...

As for the OP... I have always had very vivid and detailed dreams with all 5 senses active most of the time.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Yes, smell at least once that I can remember vividly.

I was in an attic, and down a passage way I opened a wooden door and out spilled golden coins and bottles of aged 500 years scotch, sticking out of the gold coins. I knew this of course, because there was a golden "500" on the red cap tops. Opening a bottle, the smell was the smoothest it could be, beyond what any "real" liquor could produce, and smelled of sweet strawberries.

Unfortunately I was unable to taste it.

edit on 2/10/2014 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I constantly dream of beer.
Recently , my dreams have involved searching for a high quality beer.
In my dream,I seem to always find myself in a party like setting , maby in a bar , a beer store, or some kind environment where beer is stored in a wall cooler.
In this dream , Im always asking the waitress do you have a high quality Ale or a Stout type of beer , she always says, " just a minute sir Ill go check for you", but she never comes back .
The other night in my dream , a beautiful waitress, like the Saint Polly girl "massive cleavage and everything", brought a golden tray loaded with infinite bottles of every kind of exotic beer you could imagine. There were beers from Germany , Ireland ,Australia , and every exotic location from around the world.
I was in ecstasy , with every sip I took I tasted Exotic Ale, stouts , and flavors I couldn't even describe in words .
So Yes, I have tasted something incredible in my dreams.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Text Purplereply to post by athousandlives

lol! Totally!
once when I'd quit smoking for 6 months. I was under a lot of stress, dreamt I had a pack of smokes hidden in a water-proof container taped under the lid, I retrieved it, took out a smoke, matches & lit it. It tasted exquisite. Then guilt set in & I woke. I could still taste it & thought I could even smell it but on a search, none were to be found & no evidence of it being real even in a somnambulist way.
Another time, I dreamt I was eating fresh raspberries over Angel food cake with fresh, thick, sweet cream with my late Dad, & woke still tasting it but it was winter.
Again, when I was pregnant, DQ's Banana Butter Pecan Parfait, reoccurring till I drove 2 hours to get one lol!
For me? those are easily deciphered..

Great Post. Thx! S&F

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Text Purplereply to post by StormyStars

Oh yeah...I felt the smoke go down my throat into my lungs so smoothly & exhale so easy, it had to be a dream.
I felt the texture of perfect Angel Food cake blend with the fuzziness of fresh raspberries mixed with the sweetened thick smoothness of fresh cream...more vividly than when awake same as the butter pecan syrup intermingled with hot fudge texture against the cool richness o soft vanilla ice cream with the creaminess of perfect bananas & whipped cream....I had to drive 2 hours to get,
There've been others but those are the most vivid in memory lol!

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by overanocean

Lol, a beer lover's paradise, haha
that sounds like a great dream.

I am wondering what is it that triggers these senses in our dreamstate. If we can sense taste and smell in a dream, even things we have never tasted before, It can't be purely our brain tricking us. What if these dreams are actually happening on some other reality, and we are merely receiving the sensorial information of that other 'me'?
my thought of the day,

cheers

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Text Purplereply to post by athousandlives

Well A Thousand Dreams, I usually know what prompted those 3 lol!
Unfortunately, I began smoking again from that 1 dream.
The 2nd, I was missing my Dad in the extreme living 19 hours away at that time, but it is odd that I didn't mention it to him or my Mom, yet when they came to visit me for my BD, that is exactly what my Mom brought me, I miss them now so badly but I won't see them again till I pass this world also, maybe...
The 3rd, pfft! I was pregnant, must have seen a DQ commercial as that was not offered at the DQ 30 miles away, I had to drive 2 hours lol! But oh man, was it worth it ha ha ha! Couldn't eat something like that now, ick.
When in School, College & University, I used to dream of writing tests or exams or even just study notes & wake up writing on the sheets with my index finger & thumb as though holding a pen lol, but I DID ace everything so possibly learned in those dreams whatever I missed while awake.
Dreamt I died from eating honey once but that's a constant thought when reading ingredients on foods & keep an epi pen on me when not sure as I did die a few times as a child from getting into honey a few times but it tasted so yummy, though I think my mind trained itself for honey to smell like a can of saved pennies llol! Too bad we don't have pennies anymore.
I've had a few Psychic like dreams but mostly just dreams that are all jumbled & hard to decipher.
I wish you luck in figuring your dream/s as well....have a good one....

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by StormyStars

I know what you mean, in my case it was Nutella, as a kid I couldn't get enough of it. Wish I could taste that in dreams, at least it wouldn't pile up on the tummy in real life! lol
Thanks for your replies,

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Strawberry scented 500 year old scotch, now there's something I wouldn't mind partaking in!
By the way that dream sounds like it's got some deeper meaning, finding gold coins and liquor, probably a good omen, or some unfulfilled desire maybe?

new topics

top topics

join