It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dems press other drug stores to pull cigarettes.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

And when the Tax money dwindles from cigarettes, they will go after something else.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

macman
reply to post by neo96

And when the Tax money dwindles from cigarettes, they will go after something else.

They wouldn't even answer those questions.

Who gets the shaft next.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

neo96

macman
reply to post by neo96

They wouldn't even answer those questions.

Who gets the shaft next.

I'm loathe to even mention it but what product do the progressives hate more than anything?

Ammunition is my guess.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

My best guess would be the up and coming marijuana market and/or more tax on alcohol, also ecig tech

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

EyesOpenMouthShut
reply to post by neo96

My best guess would be the up and coming marijuana market and/or more tax on alcohol, also ecig tech

Yeah and they too can do to it what they did to the gun industry, and tobacco industry.

“Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.” ― Ronald Reagan

www.goodreads.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesOpenMouthShut

Hopefully nothing...time to turn the tables and fight them at their own game. What will happen if all the high taxed industries collapse?

The thing I don't understand is we are all on this planet together, why do we even need money? If we wipe out the tax giants and create clean/free energy then life as we know it will become insanely better. By that point who knows where we will be at with space exploration too.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71
I live in a state that doesn't allow carry out alcohol sales on Sunday. You can sit in a bar and grill to get hammered but you can't take any home. That's brilliant government at work.

That is a state law not a federal law. And who do you have to thank for blue laws like this one? The bible thumpers that get voted into office. This is why religion doesn't belong in the government.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
Isn't it outside Congress' authority to suggest to a privately owned company what they can and cannot sell?

LOL. And that has stopped them when? The ACA has congress dictating what private companies can or cannot sell already.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71
reply to post by SaturnFX

These are the same dems that are supporting marijuana for recreational use right? No possible health hazards there.
On a different note, would you be opposed to a restriction on fatty food? Obesity causes more health issues than smoking.

I am opposed to restrictions.
I am not opposed to pushing an agenda to make health seem cool and fatty foods seem uncool.
Cigarettes has been hit with both restrictions and a smear campaign, and has been highly effective overall.
(got me quitting)
Fatty foods is equally terrible in my opinion. once ciggies are no longer a factor, then it will be simply poor eating that threatens our health as a civilization and should be altered in order for maximum health, productivity, etc...

As far as mary is concerned.
I am not aware of someone able to smoke 20 mary cigs a day. it is a recreational thing, not a lifestyle habit. chances of chronic use to impact health in any major way for a significant part of the population is unlikely. Personally, I don't use the stuff (anymore anyhow), but I don't begrudge other people their choices.
Like alcohol, it is a good tax revenue, and no major health concerns for average consumption frequency. (also, you can simply eat it)
I have a bigger problem with the prescribed zanax and other ludes that is so popular these days...stuff that is known to cause dependency that is given to people simply for being stressed.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

EyesOpenMouthShut
reply to post by neo96

The e-cig stuff is difficult to control considering you can make the juice yourself with just some stuff you can find at your local Walmart.
I would think high fructrose corn syrup will eventually start getting heavy taxes. may raise the price of junk food a bit...and make people buy less of it / get healthier.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

buster2010

Hoosierdaddy71
I live in a state that doesn't allow carry out alcohol sales on Sunday. You can sit in a bar and grill to get hammered but you can't take any home. That's brilliant government at work.

That is a state law not a federal law. And who do you have to thank for blue laws like this one? The bible thumpers that get voted into office. This is why religion doesn't belong in the government.

Actually your dead wrong. The liquor stores don't want Sunday sales.

www.npr.org...

Religion may not have a place directly in laws but we live in a republic where "bible thumpers" as you say vote. The representatives are voted in to give a voice to the voters. If religion is a part of someone's life then it will affect their decision making. That's the best part about a republic.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
They should ban the sale of any alcohol products in Drugstores as well. Alcohol kills, not just those who consume it but those of us that don't as well. I've never seen a smoker of cigarettes crash his/her car onto another because they were messed up on nicotine. Alcohol is far more dangerous of a substance than tobacco. IMHO. I smoke, and I vote. It's my choice to smoke, yea I know the pitfalls and the dangers, but be damned if I need a government agency to tell me what's right for me to do in my life. Simply put. IT"S MY LIFE. Take the alcohol sales out as well in drugstores, along with the electronics, and all the rest of the RETAIL in said DRUGSTORES. These days there far from just a drug store. Their just another retail outlet to sell you shat you don't need. A drugstore is the highest priced place to purchase cigs to start with. I guess big alcohol paid more into the coffers than big tobacco did.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   
So mary jane will be legal but cig's won't be? I tell ya, we are living in the idiot times. How did the biggest nimrods in our society get control of everything and feel that they need to take away our liberties?? You really have to wonder what's next on their list. I don't see no other way out except for arrest warrants for all of them and full blown revolution.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Yep the totalitarian state is upon us god help us all www.bbc.co.uk... mps wasting time by bullying people they do not like,which is everyone. So i buy a car,buy some cigs, but now i cant smoke in the car when kids are around....
Do you know what? Shove your car, i do not want a tool of control.

Just wait till a child gets run over waiting outside a car untill their parents have finished a ciggie.
Ban cars first,cars kill more children than anything. This world really makes me want to be a hermit.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Oh poor amerikans, might not be able to buy cigarettes everywhere they want, so sad, them poison sticks should be protected on the constitution. Bunch of cry babies complaining about every little thing they dont like, life isint fair, grow some ballz or what not.

I am a smoker for 25 years, where i live cigarettes are 10$ a pack, certain store cant sell them, cant smoke in parks in the summer, cant smoke close to certain areas,and nobody is complaining about it. Might be cause we have real issues to complain about.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dukeofjive696969

Maybe you should be complaining.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
So neo your telling me that your so stuck in the left and right wing agenda that your going to defend the rights for stores to cary tobacco, that kills more than terrorism in the us every year, oh sad.

ANd try to tell us its about money, and taxes, wow so far fetched and so sad.

But like i said i love you man, you keep me on my toes

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

When are such People going to call a Halt to CARSm such as those which they drive?????

Have never heard of a person walking into his / Her Home Garage with 20 Cig's to commit suicide, Have you ?????

Heard about people doing such with a CAR though.

Each CAR pumps litres of Deadly fumes from its exhause that create a low Ozone. In a built-up area this is what gave birth to Asthma plus. Yet Those who take the Oath of Hippocrites plus a well paid bunch of politicians, ignore Benzene etc and see all Dangers in Ciggie smoke. These are the same group of experts who ramble on about 'Climate Change', yet fail to explain how They Created such when they demolished best part of the Rain Forest.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

i filed the paperwork for a tobacco license today.

Been thinking about it for the sake of cigars...but may branch out a little into cigarettes too.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

If one really wishes to do right by their local economies, they don't utilize a CVS or Walgreen's (or worse, Wal Mart). My drug store is the same one that people used 40 years ago, and before that.

Locally owned by local people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join