It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio National Guard Training Envisions Right-Wing Terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Documents from an Ohio National Guard (ONG) training drill conducted last January reveal the details of a mock disaster where Second Amendment supporters with “anti-government” opinions were portrayed as domestic terrorists.

20130502_OHIONATIONALGUARD_52CST
The Ohio National Guard’s Civil Support Team practices in a May 2013 drill at Put-in-Bay
The ONG 52nd Civil Support Team training scenario involved a plot from local school district employees to use biological weapons in order to advance their beliefs about “protecting Gun Rights and Second Amendment rights.”

Portsmouth Chief of Police Bill Raisin told NBC 3 WSAZ-TV in Huntington, West Virginia that the drill accurately represented “the reality of the world we live in,” adding that such training “helps us all be prepared.”

mediatrackers.org...

Oh, the humanity of it all...

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I just want to be on record sayin', I LOVE MY GUBMENT!!!

Oh yeah, GUNS ARE BAD!

Whew, I feel safer...

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It would be irresponsible to ignore the possibility, and not train accordingly.

Aren't the majority of terrorist acts committed in the US from internal sources? "Homegrown" terrorists? Of course, many of these could get classified as "rampage" or "school shooting" to avoid the "terrorist" label. (Hmm... statistics around synonyms... or at least concept-alikes.)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Maybe they should ask why so many people are standing against their Government instead of training to kill their fellow citizens.

Just my thoughts.
edit on 2014/2/10 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
If this really upsets the right wing then why don't they complain like the left wing did when they were profiled as domestic terrorists? Looks like both sides have been treated the same way the right just needs to learn how to cry louder.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
One of these days, if they really try hard enough they'll get their big right-wing terror attack, and by that, I mean they'll have to either set it up themselves or do something to really go beyond the pale ... like try outright gun confiscation, but that wouldn't be simple terrorism anymore, it would be revolution or a new civil war.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
If you do not go along to get along, You are the enemy.

Same stuff was covered in the 2009 MIAC report....

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Tancred

Just look at the image at the top of the page.

Red = Artillery
Blue = Infantry
Yellow = Armor
Grey = PSYOP(?)

Though PSYOP (or MISO as it is now called) is an Active/Reserve Component, it would be stupid to think that others are not in the loop. We also have I/O (Information Operations) involved.

But it is the National Guard. Let’s face facts. These guys do what is needed of them in a time of national crisis. But when it boils down to their state or town, you’re going to have conflicted emotions. Many of these guys and gals are going to do what it takes to keep them and theirs alive.

If the United States of America ever fractures again. It will be just like the last time.

Brothers and sisters fighting brothers and sisters.

But it won't be like last time...not...one...bit.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Few points:

(1) This is an attempt to marginalize conservative groups in the minds of guardsmen/military officials/police officers. Even pretending to train against a specific group will make the trainees much more likely to view members of that group in a suspicious light

(2) If anyone thinks a real conservative/libertarian would launch a terrorist action against a government that's well-known to be PRAYING for such an act to occur, lol. They probably also believe Assad would be stupid enough to use chemical weapons and give the US an excuse to invade. Bottom line, if it happens, it's a false flag--100% guaranteed.

(3) Humans are not born "terrorists." Humans become terrorists because they hate ideological groups/populations that have historically been oppressive dicks to their people. So if the US government really wants to curb terrorism, the US government should stop effing over the vast majority of the world's population.
edit on 10-2-2014 by therealguyfawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
so if the Oklahoma bombing, ( and pretty much all the other "terrorist incidents in the US" ) is/are any indication, this means the guard will be taking on the FBI?...or the BATF?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

therealguyfawkes
(1) This is an attempt to marginalize conservative groups in the minds of guardsmen/military officials/police officers. Even pretending to train against a specific group will make the trainees much more likely to view members of that group in a suspicious light

The thing is, how many of the Guard either are or know someone who is a part one of these groups? I think they underestimate the amount of sympathy, especially in Middle America and Rural America for the positions of the groups they're seeking to marginalize. They may only be hurting themselves and sending off big, loud warning bells.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   
What I see the problem as being here, is that no one is going to be disgruntled with the governments "interpretation" of the second amendment and then go off and kill little Suzy and Bobby Joe down the street.

Anyone who would kill little suzy and bobby joe down the street because they are angry with the government is insane, classic definition. And someone who is insane, you also cannot predict in any way shape or form.

This is a training exercise therefore, as other posters have mentioned, in order to desensitize the national guard to what the government "predicts" to be a possible scenario in the future. The military trained going up against civilians who are in favor of the second amendment.

My thinking is thus; you need a police force for one rouge insane person but you need military for multitudes of second amendment supporters should the "interpretation" become against citizens second amendment rights. In such a latter scenario, you must have a desensitized national guard and military.

*I think this shows us one very important thing, the government plans on killing bobby joe and suzy down the road, in order to make those wielding the weapons for the government believe what they are doing is for the general safety of the community at large.

Make people think they are looking for specific targets (insane ones) within the second amendment community rather than a general "round-up" of all of them and you have more people on your side, willing to help in rounding up everyone or their guns "for either questioning or for gun analysis" ostensibly while looking for only a few.

edit on 11-2-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

top topics

join