It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not everyone is a child of God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

LittleByLittle

Jesuslives4u

Very well said. AMEN

I agree ........that is why I don't give up on the lost ones; with hope that one day they awake from the dead and find out who they truly are.

You might not like the being they are now. But when they shine in harmony with eyes like a child exploring trying to have fun with everyone then it is very easy to love them again.

Very well written and I agree.

Hate the sin but love the sinner.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Thanks for your post.

You said case is closed so no reason to respond.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jesuslives4u

Much appreciated... a star for you

Though I would like to hear your take on what I just said... IF you have an opinion of it...

Keep one thing in mind while you talk to me.... Quoting Paul is completely pointless

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
No, we are all God's Children, even when there are many of us who are "dead" to God the Father.

Go and re-read the parable of the Prodigal Son. In many ways, it says what you said, but it never starts with the assumption that the prodigal is not the child of the father rather the prodigal only thought he was not worthy to be called so. We do all have to come back to God in order to realize the rewards and God the Father is always and ever willing and ready to forgive as Christ taught.

There is also a difference between thinking that we should not judge who will and will not be worthy and why and preaching universal salvation. My path is through Christ, and I pray I will be worthy. I can't say what He will do about others; that's simply not my place when I don't even know for sure myself.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

The idea of unholy hell and heaven is a relative related to perspective thing isn't it? To be honest it would be a hell far greater than that which Dante could recount for me to be stuck in a place where everyone shares your views and perspectives/along with most of the other people I have encountered sure they know the way and are going to such a heaven.

And a vid for laughs:

Mild profanity in the song for those offended by such a thing, don't click play.

edit on 10-2-2014 by Strayed because: Typo/Vid disclaimer.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

it never starts with the assumption that the prodigal is not the child of the father rather the prodigal only thought he was not worthy to be called so.

I bolded the part that worries me, ketsuko.

How are children to avoid thinking they are not worthy to be called the child of the father when they are taught from the cradle to recite:

We are not worthy so much as to gather up the crumbs under thy Table.
Prayer of Humble Access

and

Most merciful God, we confess that we are by nature sinful and unclean. We have sinned against you in thought, word, and deed, by what we have done and by what we have left undone. We have not loved You with our whole heart; we have not loved our neighbors as ourselves. We justly deserve Your present and eternal punishment.
Penitential Rite
This one is the Lutheran version, but it's pretty much the same in the Anglican/Episcopal version.

Reciting these things "in earnest" as a 4-year-old little girl while your wonderful, devoted mom is kneeling beside you, praying likewise for 'forgiveness of unworthiness' can result in trauma later.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

You’ve heard it said that “We are all God’s children.” This rings flowery and nice. It’s an insidious lie.

I too, would caution everyone to be wary of such statements ... and all the words that follow after. These types of phrases are used to round up the herd. If you look, you can find them everywhere ... in every walk of life.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Jesuslives4u

AfterInfinity

If you don’t inquire further, you have everything to lose.

I am willing to lose everything. I don't want eternal life. I want to reincarnate, and if I can't do that, then give me annihilation.

WOW......really?

You prefer annihilation over eternal life?

Can you explain why?

Constant threads like this for starters.

God wove us in the womb and counted each hair? I guess the poor deformed childred who are born into misery were sinners.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

There is difference between thinking you are perfect and thinking you are not your Father's own.

No one is perfect.

Or are you?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Strayed

Love the song! Brilliant. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Or are you?

Perfect???

LOL...Far from it, my dear. Far from it. But, I do know what things hurt kids....

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

These types of phrases are used to round up the herd. If you look, you can find them everywhere ... in every walk of life.

I thought that was the idea, to be like sheep.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Can you read it??

Sheep (in the group):
"For God's sake, Trevor, always you with that conspiracy stuff!"

Trevor (outside the group): "I'm telling you -- The man and the dog are definitely working together..."

edit on 2/10/14 by wildtimes because: fix pic

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Yeah, I had to magnify my screen though! HaHa! Yep, the man and the dog are working together!

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

wildtimes
reply to post by ketsuko

Or are you?

Perfect???

LOL...Far from it, my dear. Far from it. But, I do know what things hurt kids....

Yes, well, I'm sorry that your experience growing up was what it was, but I sang lots of "Jesus Loves Me." The second verse is the important one for what you're after.

"Jesus loves me when I'm good,
When I do the things I should,
Jesus loves me when I'm bad,
But it makes him very sad"

It should be a disappointing thing to a child when they upset those around them when they don't behave properly, but they should always know they're loved.

My point in saying that we are still God's children isn't that it makes us all saved because it doesn't. You still need to acknowledge Christ and accept Him for that, or at least, that's my belief. Christianity if a faith based on salvation, and Christian salvation is through faith in Christ.

As for how God will deal with the rest of the faiths in the world? We are told not to judge. That isn't our place to judge. Until the time comes, we can't know for sure. We can only know what we believe.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

"Jesus loves me when I'm good,
When I do the things I should,
Jesus loves me when I'm bad,
But it makes him very sad"

Funny, that's now how I learned it!

It was, as I recall:

Jesus loves me, this I know,
'cause the Bible tells me so...
(from here I had to c/p it from wiki):

Little ones to him belong,—
They are weak, but he is strong.

Jesus loves me—loves me still,
Though I'm very weak and ill;
From his shining throne on high,
Comes to watch me where I lie.

Jesus loves me—he will stay,
Close beside me all the way.
Then his little child will take,
Up to heaven for his dear sake.[2]

Not so much about being bad and so forth.

Truth be told, all I remember is the first two lines. Just like the lines I posted from the prayers.

Not healthy for a little kid trying to do their best.

edit on 2/10/14 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Jesuslives4u

Now it is at this point where there is great division amongst believers and disbelievers because my spirit could FEEL the truth in her statements. To go into detail would be like trying to define Love or to prove that God is real and alive. This feeling is so strong and overwhelming you just know........like I said it is hard to describe. Those with the Holy Spirit inside them understand this feeling. Not saying you or others do not have the Holy Spirit with you.

I cannot know how perceptive you are or not based on what you are writing and what you feel. From my point of view you are using your third eye like any psychic. Also the ego projection makes it true to the mind so even if the information is wrong the person will believe she/he is telling the truth. The information might be right for your path to find your way but not be right for another soul.
edit on 10-2-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

That's the first verse. There are two. I quoted you the meat of the second one.

Actually, it looks like there may be three. That's one I didn't learn. We always sang two.

Jesus love me this I know
For the Bible tells me so
Little ones to him belong
They are weak, but he is strong

Yes, Jesus loves me
etc.
The Bible tells me so

Jesus loves when I'm good,
etc.

Then, must come the part you quoted. But I see lots of variants when out poking around.

edit on 10-2-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Don't tell me you believe in the empty self-esteem movement?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

I'm of the opinion that self-esteem should not hinge on the obscure tastes of an even more obscure divine figure cultivated by several politically rife cultures over the course of thousands of years.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join