It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't some ATSers differentiate between Transgender vs Transsexual?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by Kali74

reply to post by Phage

reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Special rights?

In this country, That would be anything that goes above and beyond their normal already established Constitutional Human rights.

They're already covered under the Bill of rights. Unless they want to declare themselves as Non-human, suffice it to say that any violation of those and they should prevail in any court.

What is it exactly are the three of you advocating that's not already covered?

A gay guy that works with me cannot have his significant other covered under his insurance. Why? They aren't married. And cannot legally be married.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well - you were the one claiming that they were asking for special rights - what were you referring to?

I gather you don't like parades or marches and that - or attention seeking. What are they asking for that you don't approve of?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Phage

I'm who I am no matter what others think.

Is your gender no part of the way you view yourself?
Maybe you have it easy, your gender matches your naughty bits. That isn't really true for everyone though. But you think it's a matter of preference. I have a hard time understanding how someone could "prefer" that they were so mismatched.

I was thinking about my gender defining me, I don't think it was as much of an issue back in the day.
I was a tomboy,

I think we need a new gender, like maybe, the old abstaners ,
lolololol

I'm female but I might as well not be.

hahaha

edit on 022828p://bMonday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Where did everybody go?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
A gay guy that works with me cannot have his significant other covered under his insurance. Why? They aren't married. And cannot legally be married.

Fair enough...

"They're already covered under the Bill of rights...

suffice it to say that any violation of those and they should prevail in any court"

When they win, it wont be anything special just a normal Human being defending their rights.

No?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

My husband was in a facebook discussion about this with some people who were lauding these mothers, too. His response was, "By your logic my 3-year-old son who recently spent an entire afternoon wearing a yellow box convinced he was Iron Man and trying to fly around the house needs me to invent an arc reactor and ram it into his chest or else I am not fully realizing him and who he actually is."

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I get that a lot, too. I'm far more comfortable hanging with the guys doing guy things than I ever was being a proper little lady.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

When they win, it wont be anything special just a normal Human being defending their rights.

Yes.
No special rights. Just rights that have been denied because of their sexual orientation and/or identity.
edit on 2/10/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

When they win the right to get married across the whole USofA (I'm all for taking marriage out of government domain, if it had been half the issue with LGBT rights wouldn't have ever been an issue), there will still be other issues. The longer people declare non-heterosexuals or trans-anything as abnormal, sinful, wrong the longer those who identify that way will have to have parades and get in the face of society that conforms to those declarations.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I have no idea where you were going with that. It started off great and then went into saying equality for gays would mean equality for peadiphiles.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

If you're waiting for the Religious to say Homosexuality isn't wrong? You'll be long past expiration and in the great beyond yourself before that ever comes to pass. Asking people to turn their back on what they believe is an article of their own religious Faith is just as hideous and wrong as asking a Gay or Lesbian to hide and deny what they are and how they live. That is one part I can never see a good side of or find patience with. Respect must go both directions...but failing to receive it doesn't make returning that abuse anything like justified.

Getting "In the face of society" makes the side doing it just as wrong as whatever society may have done (and there has been plenty, no argument from me there) to make them feel wronged in the first place. To put this another way, furthering the wrongs does nothing to make things right.

Now having said that, and having no personal religious basis to find objection to the LGBT community, I'll say the religious who object can keep that as much to themselves and/or in their own homes as those who are the object of that objection. They BOTH have the right to exist, live and seek happiness without the other making life more miserable than it has a way of being all by itself.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Kali74

When they win the right to get married across the whole USofA (I'm all for taking marriage out of government domain, if it had been half the issue with LGBT rights wouldn't have ever been an issue), there will still be other issues. The longer people declare non-heterosexuals or trans-anything as abnormal, sinful, wrong the longer those who identify that way will have to have parades and get in the face of society that conforms to those declarations.

Look up the definition of tolerance again. I think you'll find that it does mean what you seem to think it means.

You can be tolerated without ever being fully accepted by everyone.

Forcing them to "accept" you makes you no more right or just it just means you are the bigger bully at the moment.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

What is wrong with you people parades are great. Whatever you think about the politics leave the parades alone!

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Very true.

Give it time. This country is still young and is a work in progress. Unless you want to throw the baby out with the bathwater eh?

reply to post by Kali74

You can't Legislate peoples minds, perspectives or how they feel about others or situation and whether they agree to it or not.

That goes for ANYTHING in life. You can uphold the already established Rights though.

edit on 10-2-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

In your face is a term I used on purpose. In your face to many is simply stating you are this (fill in the blank), in your face to many is two men walking along holding hands, in your face to many is having a parade that you can choose not to go near as easily as a person can choose not to walk into an anti-gay church, in your face to many is demanding equal protection under the law, in your face to many is saying you don't have the right to harm me just because you don't like me, in your face to many is a person with a penis wearing a dress because SHE feels like a woman or HE just likes dresses.

I don't expect anyone to change their beliefs, I expect people to be polite and respect personal liberty and I expect people not to be called attention whores for just being who they are out from behind closed doors.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You can't Legislate peoples minds, perspectives or how they feel about others or situation and whether they agree to it or not.

In what way did I say such? All I'm saying is that as long as people snicker or gag or direct harm at people that don't fit their norms, the more the targeted group will demonstrate that they have the right to be wherever and however they like. It's simple cause and effect.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I don't expect anyone to change their beliefs, I expect people to be polite and respect personal liberty and I expect people not to be called attention whores for just being who they are out from behind closed doors.

On this, I agree, and attention whore is about as derogatory a term as I could imagine to describe someone 'coming out', as we've come to call it. I don't see that as a negative thing, when it's not 'in someone's face', so to speak.

In terms of the saying? I can see what you meant and I misunderstood. My apologies. "In your face" is a term I've heard almost exclusively used to describe protest and activist tactics that are almost literal to that term. You know what I mean and we've all seen it here from various protest groups that tend to do themselves more harm in image than they ever do their cause good. Whatever cause those tactics are being used for. I'm glad to hear I was mistaken and that isn't how you'd see this pursued. Open...but not aggressive or rude. I'm fine with that.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Kali74
In what way did I say such? All I'm saying is that as long as people snicker or gag or direct harm at people that don't fit their norms, the more the targeted group will demonstrate that they have the right to be wherever and however they like. It's simple cause and effect.

Ok, Cause and effect.

One could argue the following hypothetical.

So some small minority snickers etc etc etc.

Then the target group gets out there and protests. Fine, then traffic backs up and a bunch of people who could care less either way lose either personal time or work hours in a Surface street traffic jam?

Seems like a catch 22.

"Hey Bob, whose protesting?"

"Hi Sarah, Ah Some Transsexual group"

So some people struggling to make ends meet are now late for work... or late to pick up his kids..... or late to the pay a bill etc etc.

Who do you think they'll be mad at?

How about the 'Target group' just simply do their thing? Whatever that thing is.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I get that a lot, too. I'm far more comfortable hanging with the guys doing guy things than I ever was being a proper little lady.

that's prolly why we are on this site.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Snikering and gaging is aimed at many besides gays.
just saying

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join