It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greenwald: The NSA’s Secret Role in the U.S. Assassination Program

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Kram09
What exactly is an anti-American?

You're seriously don't know? (sigh)

Anti-americanism:

The term anti-Americanism, or anti-American sentiment, refers to opposition or hostility to the policies, culture, society, economics, international, or superpower role of the United States.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by swanne

Here's the rest of my statement that you deliberately excluded and didn't bother to respond to.

What exactly is an anti-American? Or is that just the label that you roll out every time someone expresses a different to yours or criticises America?

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The NSA, again...disgusting.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I'm on Earth, thanks. The area of the planet I inhabit tends to have people like me, who don't respect traitors or the game players who support and enable them.

Opinions vary though..and the longer Snowden hides like a child behind Putin's skirts, the more certain of his status as a traitor I tend to become.

His reporter buddy doesn't have the right to unilaterally choose what is or isn't fit for the public to be made aware of. He's doing here EXACTLY what the NSA has done and the irony isn't even appreciated by those supporting them. The NSA collects information, often by questionable and even illegal means...then piece meals it out to the customers it's been collected for, as they see fit to do it.

Greenwald and Snowden have gotten their information through questioning about even illegal means and are now piece mealing it out to those it was supposedly obtained to benefit.

One was a spy and technical support expert to spys for his adult life ..and people trust him without question.

The other is a reporter and firm member of MSM ..and again, people trust him without question?

"The Enemy of my Enemy is my friend" is very crappy thinking and a poor way to live life. That's the only basis, for the total lack of result or serious effort to even obtain result out of these two, I can see for supporting them. Nothing tangible or real world defines that seeming need and it's become almost amusing to watch the fan club keep on with it, despite nothing coming out that movies didn't cover as plot lines or the public didn't already know or strongly suspect.\

Games within games...and people take it seriously to be played. Indeed.. it is amusing, the more I ponder it now.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Snowden isn't actually hiding. He works for the NSA.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeWillAnomaly

I won't laugh at that...because it would be rude and who knows?? I don't know Snowden or his old chain of command at the NSA. What you say COULD be true for all anyone really knows here. Games within games ....and who knows where the mirrors end and reality begins in the world he spent many years in.

I don't think it's likely tho. If Snowden IS actually still working for our side....and I mention again, I don't buy this theory....then he'd deserve the C.M.H. when he got back for the risks and personal sacrifice made to play double agent like this. The Russians would skin him alive....literally...and take hours or days to do it...if they caught him in such a high profile game of making fools of them. He'd know that too, having been in the cat bird seat for so many years to see the back end of what really happens in the intelligence world.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
None of this is by accident. Use of metadata will be increasing exponentially in practically every field. This also serves to deflect blame away from human operators and put them on the machine.

Drone strikes serve to increase the number of potential terrorists by inflicting civilian casualties in non-war zones and also to line the pockets of those manufacturing the drones. What is truly terrifying is that we are in the early stages of drone development. Drones of the future will grow not only in numbers but in capabilities that seem like science fiction today.

It will become a very easy thing to completely dominate any given geographic area with a sufficient number of drones. Afghanistan and Pakistan are simply testing areas for what they plan on doing to the US eventually. Rest assured they are cranking them out as fast as possible and they plan on putting far more than just 30,000 over the skies of the US.

My opinion is that the collapse of the economy hinges on the number of drones they can make operational.
Once they have sufficient numbers they will feel free to do whatever they please without fear of repercussion.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I have to agree with your sentiment.
I was a big fan of both Scahill and Greenwald and thought them both trustworthy.
Recent actions (and lack thereof) make me wonder what their true motivations are.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

and again, people trust him without question?

Instead of just posting this time and again why don't you set out exactly why we shouldn't trust him.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

FreeWillAnomaly

What is their aim? What's the goal of these "leaks"? Why the scam?
edit on 12-2-2014 by OMsk3ptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I don't think he is actively gathering intel on the Russians and reporting it because that would be too risky and nearly impossible.

I do know that the story we were sold was complete BS. Same with the Manning leaks.

I think it is more likely that he is feeding key intel to the Russians in an attempt to prevent a war. Something people don't talk about much is that we had some very close calls as far as war with Russia or China goes. Even the Cold War wasn't that long ago, but I am talking about after that.

It is the most likely reason we were lied to so much. I could be wrong about what his role is, but I do know that the most likely possibility is that he still works for the NSA (even if he will never see them again).

Do you think Snowden stole all those state secrets on a USB and Manning stole all those state secrets on a Lady Gaga CD without someone wanting them to? Everything is compartmentalized. Manning had already had his weapon taken away. I will suspend reality for a second and presume that they were really just stealing secrets. If that were the case, the information that leaked was still meant to be leaked.

The NSA and Army Intelligence want you to believe that they are just incompetent. I don't buy it for a second. Go read the stories again and tell me if you actually believe what you are reading. My 4 year old and her dog would have done a better job at guarding state secrets.
edit on 12-2-2014 by FreeWillAnomaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

OMsk3ptic

FreeWillAnomaly

What is their aim? What's the goal of these "leaks"? Why the scam?
edit on 12-2-2014 by OMsk3ptic because: (no reason given)

Well, I can tell you this much, since the information began leaking - a lot of the playing field has been shifting. It is likely a long term plan with multiple goals. I have my theories on it but I might be wrong. All I know is that we were sold the same BS twice. The biggest leaks in American history were intentional and planned. It always amazes me how people will take anything at face value. Very little critical thought is required to realize that we are being lied to about this.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Another proof that whatever his detractors say, this article proves Obama has the qualifications to be president.

He is just like ALL our presidents; he is a serial killer and mass murderer.

That is the chief qualification to being an American president.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Very little critical thought is required to realize that we are being lied to about this.

Please can you back up that statement in some depth.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Willtell

Obama is working with what he has to work with. It's a cold world and he is just another human. He is not the tyrant that many would make him out to be. He is an American politician. That means he is a liar and a sell out, but not a tyrant.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

The NSA and Army Intelligence want you to believe that they are just incompetent. I don't buy it for a second. Go read the stories again and tell me if you actually believe what you are reading.

I actually believe what I'm reading.

The fact is a lot of you are just in denial about this situation and want to bury your head in the sand and come up with vague notions of "conspiracy" and "it was all planned" etc.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Who is a lot of you? I have never even seen someone consider the most likely possibility. Everyone is so full of pride and feels such a need for control over their reality that they ate the official stories up because it gave them small dopamine rushes with every word they read.

I don't feel like expanding on what I said unless someone with the capacity to understand the expansion asks me to.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

I could ask the same in reverse...why should we trust him? That seems more logical than asking me to support the opposite.

I trust absolutely no one, anywhere, ever...until or unless given specific reasons to feel otherwise. So, I'm starting from a default position I hold in life. Snowden did, at first, start to really grab my attention and give me some hope. Maybe, I thought, someone as a true insider HAD broken free with "the goods" and was willing to make the worst public so change could be forced for us all. Hong Kong would have been a very good place for that. China would have been a little less so (Mainland) and Russia just sends up enough red flags to give a bull a nervous breakdown.

It's never (or should never) be the point to have to prove why distrusting someone we don't know personally is an issue. I would think it far more appropriate to prove beyond normal logic these days, why we SHOULD trust a stranger. Comparative relativism to say he's more trustworthy than the NSA is just stinkin' thinkin' when it appears they both have the same issues for trust. That seems a favorite fallback and it poses as little more, IMO. A Fallback.

Just my thoughts..as always. I'm as likely right or wrong as the next guy.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

There will be a time when all the corrupt, murderous politicians will be judged by the greatest universal force of karma ..for the cold blooded murder of innocent civilians. Perpetrating such violence on innocent lives can not go without the same happening to them.
I wonder how they would feel if their kids/family were playing outside, and someone's drone fired a missile right on them ..to get some guy in the other house ..
How do these murderers sleep at night, knowing they just ordered the killing of innocent women, children, and men ..
The drone operators sit in a box thousands of miles away, do their killing via a joy stick, and then go for lunch or to their families like nothing ever happened. American politicians and those who support this, have devolved to insane murderers.

Is this what we want our tax money to be used for? Its Insanity ..

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Haha that reminds me of one of the oldest games in America. A little bit off topic but oh well..

"The Republicans made mistakes - vote Democrat."

"The Democrats made mistakes - vote Republican." - The moderates in the American public

"Sir, do you think they figured it out yet?"

"Are you kidding me? HAHAHA! They wouldn't figure it out if they were counting the money for me."

"But sir, they ARE counting the money for you."

"Exactly!" - Ruling class

Stop trusting people just because you can't trust other people and they point it out to you!
Think for yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join