It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the NFL be a dont ask dont tell league What are your thoughts

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

I am aware that there are differences in the way these things are seen, but pandering to media bias is not going to solve that problem, not in the short, nor medium to long term. I guess I am just concerned that in the hype and the media storm, the idea that two people coming together will be treated differently dependant on their orientation, is REINFORCED, not broken down.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

Where is sexual preference protected? Sex is not sexual preference.
I would love it if you could point out where it is illegal in all fifty states to fire someone on the basis of their sexual prefence.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Don't ask, Don't care.

Really, people.

He plays a sport game.

Who cares.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   

the owlbear
reply to post by totallackey

Where is sexual preference protected? Sex is not sexual preference.
I would love it if you could point out where it is illegal in all fifty states to fire someone on the basis of their sexual prefence.

Did you even bother to read any of the material I linked? Did you even bother to read the external content I clearly posted in my original response to your false information?

ONE MORE TIME:

The Civil Service Reform Act of 1978 (CSRA), as amended, also protects federal government applicants and employees from discrimination in personnel actions (see "Prohibited Personnel Practices" www.opm.gov...) based on race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, or on conduct which does not adversely affect the performance of the applicant or employee -- which can include sexual orientation or transgender (gender identity) status.

Is that clear enough for you?

And, once again, do not, EVEN FOR ONE SECOND, doubt the EEOC will not pursue a PRIVATE SECTOR entity for violating written sexual harassment guidelines in the US...

MITSUBISHI MOTORS

NORMAL AND CHICAGO, ILL. -- Mitsubishi Motor Manufacturing of America, Inc. (MMMA) and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) announced today that they have reached a $34 million settlement, subject to court approval, that resolves all claims in the lawsuit filed on April 9, 1996, by the EEOC on behalf of a class of current and former MMMA employees who were subjected to an alleged pattern and practice of sexual harassment at MMMA's Normal, Illinois, manufacturing plant since 1990.

So, there is no argument...proof is all around...
edit on 10-2-2014 by totallackey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Right, the Media takes any story and makes it into a "Hype Machine". the Media is waiting for stories such as this to "Report" on it and make it talking points and get viewers and listeners.

but he took it into his control, on his time and how he wanted. he could have waited until he got drafted and just told his teammates, but what if they leaked it? or as i stated he was seen with another guy? now the Media makes a story, now the Media gets the hype machine rolling and he has to be on the defense instead of being on the offense

he is Proud of who he is and wants to live his truth, he wants people to know before that this is who he is, not after he was drafted not during the season.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join