It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Handle device" anomaly. Curiosity Sol 530

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   
This anomaly is more intriguing of what appear at first glance. It is inexplicable how it can be formed and how the erosion of wind and water could has been able to model an anomaly like this, compared to the surrounding terrain. Something in its shape suggest the "biological print" or "artificial device" of some sort of this anomaly.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Must be aliens.

You never see weird natural formations on Earth.

2.bp.blogspot.com...
edit on 10-2-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Look up pictures of Ventifacts...

Because like was discussed in a large thread about similar rocks last year, that is what those and this anomaly are.

Sorry.
edit on 10-2-2014 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

edit on 10-2-2014 by michael1888 because: uploaded wrong image

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04
reply to post by Arken

Must be aliens.

2.bp.blogspot.com...

You don't see the anomalies on earth as often as what nasa sends us, not even.. That doesn't have to mean everyone thinks it must be aliens.

Arken: This image is pretty amazing, there is a snake's head with open mouth to the left of the handle and down just a bit, and it really looks odd. And near that is what looks like molded plastic remnants. And all over the image there are other things that do not look like rocks or naturally caused.

Regardless of what they really are, there are way too many for me to think nasa isn't doing a lot of editing and missing just as many, or maybe leaving them in there hard to fathom. The snake's head looks unreal, and the bottom part of the mouth is even dished in like it would be expected..
That handle looks totally fabricated like something made. and there are quite a few other things in there, one looks like bent up sheet metal with a hose attachment, and there is another thing that looks perfectly spherical..

I don't even care what they are, just seeing these things is an adventure of sorts. It is in the least quite strange.

Looking again I see just above the handle and to the right a bit, if you zoom with control/mousewheel you will see what looks like the head of a little figurine or bust of a head and shoulders, like a bust, and to the left is what looks like the body it came off of, I have never seen a rock in the shape of a human like that.
It is Unbelievable what is in this image.
edit on 10-2-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Rocks or not I really just enjoy seeing someone so dedicated to exploring mars in any fashion they can.....let the science be damned and let your imagination fly.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Well said. I have seen some that really make you ponder and don't look natural at all.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
It looks like the spigot on my basement sink. Maybe remains of an old house probably in the desert somewhere. Just kidding nice find.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   

alienreality

OccamsRazor04
reply to post by Arken

Must be aliens.

2.bp.blogspot.com...

You don't see the anomalies on earth as often as what nasa sends us, not even.. That doesn't have to mean everyone thinks it must be aliens.

That's because there is very little "natural" landscape left on Earth. Almost all of it has been altered by humanity.

ETA: I do enjoy Arken's threads. What I dislike is that the same mistakes are repeated so many times. This is a pic you post as something cool .. not as something that isn't or can't be natural.

This would be fun if it wasn't serious, and was a where's Waldo thing .. but with Where's Arken's signs of alien life (jokingly).

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Ah, I see the snake head illusion, the rocks in the lower left hand corner. Very nice. And the tiny little kitten hanging off the bottom-left of Arken's handle/ventifact is obviously the rock snake's prey. "Good bye cruel world," says the little kitten (and by world it means Mars).

edit on 10-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

OccamsRazor04

alienreality

OccamsRazor04
reply to post by Arken

Must be aliens.

2.bp.blogspot.com...

That's because there is very little "natural" landscape left on Earth. Almost all of it has been altered by humanity.

ETA: I do enjoy Arken's threads. What I dislike is that the same mistakes are repeated so many times. This is a pic you post as something cool .. not as something that isn't or can't be natural.

This would be fun if it wasn't serious, and was a where's Waldo thing .. but with Where's Arken's signs of alien life (jokingly).

I know the "it's just rocks" crowd outnumbers the "artifact of some kind" crowd by a lot, but I see way too many coincidences in some of the released images for a lot of things that just (to me), can't be there naturally in so many numbers (just my opinion), like perfect right angles and rectangle shaped bricks, and other things.

I know a lot of people think the same way, but pretend not to because of ridicule that has been ingrained in everyone. I don't mind saying I think some of these mars images are revealing genuine artifacts of some kind, maybe even human made ruins from thousands of years ago. Maybe some day the real story will be known.. No one is going to make finding the answers very easy though, or even possible perhaps..

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Aleister

Ah, I see the snake head illusion, the rocks in the lower left hand corner. Very nice. And the tiny little kitten hanging off the bottom-left of Arken's handle/ventifact is obviously the rock snake's prey. "Good bye cruel world," says the little kitten (and by world it means Mars).

Thanks for grabbing that little image area
The roof of it's mouth is sticking up a bit strange for just being a rock, it does look odd. The OP item also doesn't fit and looks made, and quite a few other things.. Every new image that shows weird stuff seems to continue on which seems unbelievable too.

Either way, it definitely provokes the imagination and that isn't a bad thing.. If I could trust NASA 100 percent, then I would take their word for it, but their lies in the past have made that difficult..

Maybe someone is rearranging those rocks near the rovers to look like the things we have on earth, haha, a practical joker..

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

The thing I'm finding out at the epic anomalies thread is that many of these images are two or more rocks with interesting lighting and shadow patterns which then come together in our perspective to look like something familiar. This is a very good snake image, with fangs and all kinds of detail. But it's probably two or three rocks seen as a unit (although I may be wrong). If I saw a single rock like that on earth I'd probably pick it up and keep it, or at least have a close look at it.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Aleister

The thing I'm finding out at the epic anomalies thread is that many of these images are two or more rocks with interesting lighting and shadow patterns which then come together in our perspective to look like something familiar. This is a very good snake image, with fangs and all kinds of detail. But it's probably two or three rocks seen as a unit (although I may be wrong). If I saw a single rock like that on earth I'd probably pick it up and keep it, or at least have a close look at it.

Yep, what you say is the most likely to be true; I would also be checking these rocks out if I saw them in person somewhere..
Now I'm beginning to entertain the notion of someone being there and rearranging these rocks just for us to see as a powerful practical joke..

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

A Mars trickster, running ahead of the rover's path and arranging rocks - a nice addition to 21st century mythology! I've looked several times for the tiny head and body you mentioned, and can't spot them. Can you give more of a description of where they are in the picture? Thanks!

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Aleister

A Mars trickster, running ahead of the rover's path and arranging rocks - a nice addition to 21st century mythology! I've looked several times for the tiny head and body you mentioned, and can't spot them. Can you give more of a description of where they are in the picture? Thanks!

It is just above and to the right a couple inches or so of the OP item(the handle) if viewing at 100% It is in a bunch of smaller rock objects that are in between the bigger 2 rocks just over to the right of that handle, but you need to zoom in on that area a bit, then it should be very clear.. I just use control with mouse wheel to zoom the view in or out. If I can get a little sleep, first, Ill crop that area a bit later today..

Her head is facing downward slanted and looking right towards the Handle thing that Arken has marked .. The left side of her face is aimed down at an downwards angle and looking straight to the handle..

And if you can find that, look a little to the left of that and you will see what looks like the body that head came off of..

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Ah, I think I finally see the white bust image, the "bust" is laying on its right side and has a nice head of hair. It has to be zoomed in on quite a bit to see it, so at that photo-distance it could be light shining off a rock. A nice little image though. That's why these things are fun.

And turned 'right side up':

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Aleister

Ah, I think I finally see the white bust image, the "bust" is laying on its right side and has a nice head of hair. It has to be zoomed in on quite a bit to see it, so at that photo-distance it could be light shining off a rock. A nice little image though. That's why these things are fun.

And turned 'right side up':

Yep, that 's the one. and all this time, instead of getting some sleep, I have been studying the ful res image from the nasa link,
And I'm finding a lot more things that appear as debris, broken manufactured things, a long cylinder wood log looking thing that has painted on red rings going around it, there is 4 equal distance apart red rings on this, and it looks carved on the ends like tapers ... This is rotting my brain haha.. Maybe I'm hallucinating, because I haven't gone to sleep yet..

This is just too weird for reality...If I was never told this was mars, I would say it is a field strewn with broken debris in a sparse manner, like a garbage dump, except a garbage dump would be tons more dense with junk of course..

I have even spotted a few tires that have tread visible and one wheel rim that looks machine made. a couple perfect triangle shapes a cinder block with the holes in it, all kinds of stuff that looks organic and some sheets of material like sheet metal...

I just would not expect to see the shapes and textures of things to appear as recognizable objects in any mars image like this , unless the planet is really the remnant of a long gone civilation.

Being tired also distorts clear thinking I know, but still amazed at this image even if I am nuts..

I'm out finally , Thanks for the great discussion

And thanks Arken for a really great find with this image..

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

im sure ive opened a few doors with geometry similar to that before , nice spot

almost reminds me of some safe handles ive seen
, thievery on mars ? , hope not

funBox

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Looks kind of 'rounded' across its entire length, wouldn't exactly expect something to have such pronounced characteristics if, for example, it broke off of a larger piece. But that'd be something for geologists to argue about ...

Could be erosion, could be something else, but it's certainly an interesting and distinct shape amidst the "rubble" on that ridge. S&F!

edit on 10-2-2014 by jeep3r because: text

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join