It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Danish zoo kills 18 month old giraffe in front of public: feeds body to lions

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

dragonridr

Skywatcher2011

dragonridr

poloblack
Damn, I've come to the assessment that humanity isn't all that humane. I'm not soft in any sense of the word, but when it comes to kids and animals, I have a very soft spot. So many ''hardcore'' people on this thread, even some of the ladies. Yeah, right.

Im sure everyone here thinks it a shame Morris died i personally have spent alot of time around zoo animals with my ex wife working there and especially enjoyed the giraffes they really are friendly. Really didnt like the snakes in the reptile house ex wife used to tease me.

It is a shame that a decision was made to execute an exotic animal period without giving it a chance for life and for the fact it became domesticated to the visitors and zoo staff. A total betrayal of humankind towards nature.

Id say zoos serve a purpose they do help to educate people about animals. And the animals in a zoo have it much easier than they do in the wild. They have doctors and nutritionists and behavioral psychologists dont have to worry about predators or there next meal. Its not all bad plus even people arent exposed to animals then people wont care about them its human nature.

There are documentary videos you can borrow from your local library, watch on Youtube, or even watch Discovery Channel on tv which do the same thing. You don't need a zoo, you can learn it from these tv shows and videos that educate....most of them , if not ALL OF THEM, show the animal in the wild too (natural habitat)
edit on 13-2-2014 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Skywatcher2011

dragonridr

Skywatcher2011

dragonridr

poloblack
Damn, I've come to the assessment that humanity isn't all that humane. I'm not soft in any sense of the word, but when it comes to kids and animals, I have a very soft spot. So many ''hardcore'' people on this thread, even some of the ladies. Yeah, right.

Im sure everyone here thinks it a shame Morris died i personally have spent alot of time around zoo animals with my ex wife working there and especially enjoyed the giraffes they really are friendly. Really didnt like the snakes in the reptile house ex wife used to tease me.

It is a shame that a decision was made to execute an exotic animal period without giving it a chance for life and for the fact it became domesticated to the visitors and zoo staff. A total betrayal of humankind towards nature.

Id say zoos serve a purpose they do help to educate people about animals. And the animals in a zoo have it much easier than they do in the wild. They have doctors and nutritionists and behavioral psychologists dont have to worry about predators or there next meal. Its not all bad plus even people arent exposed to animals then people wont care about them its human nature.

There are documentary videos you can borrow from your local library, watch on Youtube, or even watch Discovery Channel on tv which do the same thing. You don't need a zoo, you can learn it from these tv shows and videos that educate....most of them , if not ALL OF THEM, show the animal in the wild too (natural habitat)
edit on 13-2-2014 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

So you think watching it on tv is the same as seeing it in real life. Wow let me guess TV is your best friend huh? Most people would tell you the experience is entirely different i know i would.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

spirited75
reply to post by Jana12

There would have been 1.5 billon more
potential petition signers if abortions
had not been performed for the last 40 years.

Are you trying tosay theres bigger problems to worry about than 1 giraffe like psychopaths everywhere. Sorry everyone ill stop now but you have to admit it is funny. I think ill have a t shirt made says i see psychopaths. Ok im stopping now really i am. The zoo did what it had to upset people iget it but the reaction is way overboard at this point.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I think this article raises some good points towards justifying the killing

www.cbc.ca...

but its amazing how many people such as my mum are all how dare they and changes the channel in disgust before the news even gives an explanation to why.

Also looks like a 2nd Danish zoo is considering the doing the same to another Marius.
edit on 13-2-2014 by dslayer because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2014 by dslayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Now that's against nature.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Ya animals never kill animals in the wild.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

dragonridr[i]
So you think watching it on tv is the same as seeing it in real life. Wow let me guess TV is your best friend huh? Most people would tell you the experience is entirely different i know i would.

Not trying to answer for skywatcher, he can answer for himself, however I was just wondering your opinion on a free range wild life sanctuary when compared to a Zoo?

Your take on the two different aspects of captivity would be much appreciated in order for us to completely understand your position. ~$heopleNation
edit on 14-2-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
It does not matter if the animals are in the zoo, in an open range park or in the wild. The Lions still need to eat! They eat Giraffes sometimes.

It is a long meal for them.

P

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Me personally i think there great ever been to disney world those animals dont realize there in captivity alot of room to roam and it simulates their natural surroundings.Takes away the issue of predators with discrete barriers and there fed everyday great deal if your a wild animal.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
So they fed a giraffe to something that eats giraffe?

Is that bad?

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Cost efficency.

Can you fathom what it would cost to ship
giraffe back to africa and reintroduce it to wild?

Of course inbreeding only bothers strains of phyla that
do not have that in their constitution.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

spirited75
Cost efficency.

What, are you doing their books?

Can you fathom what it would cost to ship
giraffe back to africa and reintroduce it to wild?

Can you comprehend that there are other wildlife sanctuaries around the World that have African animals on them?

Of course inbreeding only bothers strains of phyla that
do not have that in their constitution.

Which cancels out this rambling nonsense. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Any triple digit IQ Homo Sapien could imagine the shipping costs, and shipping regulationsneeded to move one giraffe half way around the world. Plus since it is 18 months old, it probably weighs 2000+ pounds. Figure the cost of 1000 pounds of lion food? A savings.
edit on 15-2-2014 by spirited75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

Skywatcher, I am a hunter and am disturbed by this.

This did not allow for fair chase.

I think it is an alegory for the welfare state.

Animals held captive, stripped of natural freedom.

Authority picks the winners and losers.

Nature is something that exists and supports itself within broad parameters.

The reason this situation feels so wrong is that human intelligence and authority, which has the ability to care for and show compassion to the weak, chose not to do so.

In this case the stronger predator was chosen in favor of the weaker docile animal.

These animals should be released into vast managed game parks.

We can all watch them on Youtube.

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

dragonridr
reply to post by SheopleNation

Me personally i think there great ever been to disney world those animals dont realize there in captivity alot of room to roam and it simulates their natural surroundings.Takes away the issue of predators with discrete barriers and there fed everyday great deal if your a wild animal.

I have not seen them there, but it sounds less cramped when compared to a zoo.
~$heopleNation
edit on 15-2-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Feb, 15 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

spirited75
Any triple digit IQ Homo Sapien could imagine the shipping costs, and shipping regulationsneeded to move one giraffe half way around the world. Plus since it is 18 months old, it probably weighs 2000+ pounds. Figure the cost of 1000 pounds of lion food? A savings.
edit on 15-2-2014 by spirited75 because: (no reason given)

Of course it would be expensive, but these are protected exotic animals. Some things are worth spending money on, and this is one of them in my opinion. ~$heopleNation

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join