It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Work Is A Beautiful Thing. Wal-Mart To Invest $250 Billion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   

bbracken677

Corporations exist to make money. If they cannot compete in the world market with products made in the US then they have a choice: either move operations overseas or close up shop. Either way, for the factory worker it means the loss of a job.

The politicians should be serving the best interests of this Nation though.
Not the best interests of Global Multinational Corporations and Banks.

You move all your operations overseas, you should get cutoff from having a say in our government.
We should also put up tariffs so that they can't sell their cheap trinkets here and instead they will have to sell them to their Chinese that make a dollar a day.

Otherwise, the Chinese should have the same freedom and rights to fight back against those pissing and crapping in their rivers and exploiting their labor. But they do not want that though because it would impact their profits.

They love communism on the upside but hate the downsides.
We see it time and time again where they want to socialize their losses and privatize their profits.

The system cannot go on much longer like this until something gives.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The truth about this plan is in the title of this thread Walmart plans to INVEST $250 Billion this is not corporate responsibility that is an oxymoron .

Walmart plans to gain from its investment and take advantage of the propaganda benefits Walmart is an international organisation it has no responsibility to the USA or its people Walmart exists to exploit.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   

bbracken677

dreamingawake

bbracken677
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

And people wonder why jobs are going overseas. Getting someone who wants to work and is willing to work their way up the ladder is like pulling teeth. Like winning the lottery. Like giving birth to an Einstein lol sorry Al....

I fault the corporations as well...there is no loyalty either way.

And I wonder, do you have sources for that? As to the people(the employees and potential employees) are to blame for jobs going over seas?

Corporations are at bigger fault by far then the few lazy types, might I add who are NOTHING new, that you've dealt with.
edit on 11-2-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

Life is not that simple, that you can point at one thing and say "there is the cause". You say corporations are at fault? To some degree yes, but I would blame our govt more than them.

Corporations exist to make money. If they cannot compete in the world market with products made in the US then they have a choice: either move operations overseas or close up shop. Either way, for the factory worker it means the loss of a job.

I have 30 years in the manufacturing environment under my belt. I have also had to deal with stupidly ignorant govt red tape as well as employees with effed up attitudes who believe the company owes them a living before they even begin their workday. My sources are personal experience. The work ethic today outright sucks (in general) compared to 40 years ago.

I agree it is complex.

Government is corporate bought up. Politicians bought and paid for.

Partly then, this work ethic probably has to do with the hyped "me generation" in the last 30 to 40 years. -Will have to see if I can find the detailed video on that subject of how mass marketing manipulates how Americans live.- It's likely all part of the plan.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Geez. That $250 billion won't even begin to make a dent in the damage Walmart and their ilk did to the economy in this country. And they know it. This is chump change to them. Ask instead to place a real monetary value on how much they've invested overseas and how much damage they've caused here. The fact that anyone would even be grateful for or impressed by this makes is revolting.

Walmart and their ilk can shove it where the sun don't shine. We don't need their flipping charity or feeble attempt at good press and to sucker us even further into their failed model and values. They're in trouble with more people seeing the light and truth about them and they know this too. Shameful.
edit on 2/12/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Yeah, they should keep the money and not be so generous to the peons. Let them eat cake (on sale 4 boxes for 5 dollars). I get what you are saying but the bottom line is that they do not need to donate any money but they did. I bet some people won't have to steal my car now because they will benefit from employment. How much is too much? 250 billion? At least they are giving it. You don't have to work there. You don't have to shop there.

Technology takes jobs away just as fast as monopolies. It is what it is. Adapt or be left by the wayside.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join