It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis finally found?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Stari

Edgar Cayce might help your quest. He has been right a few times. When I was stationed at Fort Campbell the only reason I went to the Kentucy side was to see the memorial plaque in Hopkinsville. Then it was off to Clarksville, Tennessee to hit the bars on 41A. I never gave it much thought on if he was the master prophet or not.

I hope he's wrong because he said the world ends right after Atlantis is found. I think he said the directions were buried under the paw of the Spinx in Egypt.

www.edgarcayce.org...

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Stari

This might be helpful on a large scale, but you need something showing objects the size of walls or small buildings. That is likely something you would have to buy from a company that specializes in that.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Text Purplereply to post by Stari

It would be amazing. There are structures to the right also, but I am sure there had already been a documentary on the same area with divers, who also found an odd piping system and electrical lines but never seen part 2 tho a friend says part 2 was as inconcclusive as the rest and were thing more in the, ' USO Theory. '
I wish you could be correct though.

S&F. Great topic, I look forward to reading all the replies you'll most likely get

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

dragonridr
reply to post by Stari

right were that trench is there is a plate and apparently that square configuration is normal around plate boundaries. Had this girl i met and she told me way more about geology than i ever wanted to know.So id check with a geologist email them and ask them what it is. Amazing what will put up with when trying to date huh?

I actually did email Robert M. Schoch. His website is here www.robertschoch.com...

I am sorry for not being able to use the java to input the links. I will have my computer updated by tomorrow.

Anyhow he has never looked into that area and could not give me any info. I will be continuing to look for a geologist that can help me out.

Stari

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

I am well aware of Browns crystal pyramid and that Drs. Greg and Lora Little has also I believe confirmed it is there. At least they believe they have found 12,000 yr old remains of something, I started reading and will need to finish it tomorrow. For those who wish to stay up later then me the link to this can be found here: www.nwidi.org...

Now these finds are around Bimini I am looking in the Caribbean Sea. Not to far away mind you but with all of the other finds which I have gathered over the years of my research which I will write it all out tomorrow after work, well I will write as much as I can after work and post it on here. It will prove that this is the right area either Bimini or Caribbean Sea. It is all Atlantis.

Stari

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LOSTinAMERICA

Not the directions but there are 3 places one of them under the paw of the sphinx where the Atlanteans placed stones with their history and I am sure lot's of people are hoping ways to make weapons. I am hoping that as a people we can over come our anger against one another and come together as one planet and use what ever information we find and make good use of it and not bad.

I know, I will keep dreaming!

Stari

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
A square outine in Goolg earth does not make an Atlantis.

First of all they bridged over the zones of sea which surrounded the
ancient metropolis, making a road to and from the royal palace. And at
the very beginning they built the palace in the habitation of the
god and of their ancestors, which they continued to ornament in
successive generations, every king surpassing the one who went
before him to the utmost of his power, until they made the building
a marvel to behold for size and for beauty. And beginning from the sea
they bored a canal of three hundred feet in width and one hundred feet
in depth and fifty stadia in length, which they carried through to the
outermost zone, making a passage from the sea up to this, which became
a harbour, and leaving an opening sufficient to enable the largest
vessels to find ingress. Moreover, they divided at the bridges the
zones of land which parted the zones of sea, leaving room for a single
trireme to pass out of one zone into another, and they covered over
the channels so as to leave a way underneath for the ships; for the
banks were raised considerably above the water. Now the largest of the
zones into which a passage was cut from the sea was three stadia in
breadth, and the zone of land which came next of equal breadth; but
the next two zones, the one of water, the other of land, were two
stadia, and the one which surrounded the central island was a
stadium only in width. The island in which the palace was situated had
a diameter of five stadia. All this including the zones and the
bridge, which was the sixth part of a stadium in width, they
surrounded by a stone wall on every side, placing towers and gates
on the bridges where the sea passed in. The stone which was used in
the work they quarried from underneath the centre island, and from
underneath the zones, on the outer as well as the inner side. One kind
was white, another black, and a third red, and as they quarried,
they at the same time hollowed out double docks, having roofs formed
out of the native rock. Some of their buildings were simple, but in
others they put together different stones, varying the colour to
please the eye, and to be a natural source of delight. The entire
circuit of the wall, which went round the outermost zone, they covered
with a coating of brass, and the circuit of the next wall they
coated with tin, and the third, which encompassed the citadel, flashed
with the red light of orichalcum.
www.sacred-texts.com...

Now, can you show using Google earth or any other software or images of the same area, the above mentioned geographical or man made features described in Critias?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari
[more

What I fail to understand with all this Atlantis stuff is for what reason do they make the assumption that Atlantis was a small place, ie fit into the gulf of Mexio or in the med. Where is the evidence for this assumption? Has anyone considered that Atlantis may be as big as Australia??

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by learnatic

No-one has ever confirmed that Atlantis even existed. There is exactly one reference to it - Plato. The Egyptians don't mention it. The Babylonians don't mention it. And apparently its greatest enemy was Athens - which didn't really exist in the Tenth Millennium BC, when Atlantis was supposed to have existed!

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

Atlantis could quite possibly reappear if and when the our Earth experiences another axis tilt. IMHO the world is not ready for Atlantis to be found yet, if found that would allegedly give us access to the hall of records.

We would destroy ourselves with the same power of nature that consumed the ancients.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Given the total lack of archaeological evidence for Atlantis I don't see that happening any time soon.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

There may be no evidence for Atlantis other than Plato's accounts however there is substantial evidence to suggest that our Earth has experienced an axis tilt/pole shift in the past.

Who knows what will turn up after the next event. My point is Humanity is far older than recorded history would lead us to believe.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

andy06shake

There may be no evidence for Atlantis other than Plato's accounts however there is substantial evidence to suggest that our Earth has experienced an axis tilt/pole shift in the past.

Who knows what will turn up after the next event. My point is Humanity is far older than recorded history would lead us to believe.

Axial tilts/pole shifts are one thing. Atlantis is another. It always irritates me when people start talking about how advanced Atlantis was based on 0% of evidence.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Atlantis MAY have existed or it may not (I personally believe in the theory it's buried under the mud in western Spain).

But we "know" one thing if we take Plato's account literally, that it was "placed in front of the pillars of Hercules". I mean, he even says WHERE about it was.

The pillars of Hercules are rock formations in the North/South of Gibraltar....so it's not very likely that Atlantis was in the Caribbean or any far out place. This is pure speculation and even goes against what Plato wrote.

And re: those "glass spheres" where I just read about where a guy claimed he found them. I was just reading a page about the "research" done on this spheres and it was all pseudo-science hocus-pocus and far from what I'd call research....which IMO would be warranted if it were REAL crystal spheres from a long forgotten and sunken civilization.
edit on 12014RuMondayAmerica/Chicago38AMMondayMonday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Stari
Below is link to image. I can't seem to get my media to bring up any of my images I have saved in that directory on ATS.

I've experienced similar. It's either a format issue or file size. Try editing your photo and cropping and save as a JPEG. Then upload them again and you should be fine.

edit on 10-2-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

Ah, you mean that Atlantis might be Tartessos? The only problem with that is the timing issue. 10,000 BC is way too early for great city-states on the lines that Plato describes. I've always been partial to the theory that Plato got the dates wrong and that he was talking about Ilium/Troy or Thera. It might also explain why he never finished the tale.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

I have proof that it was once was in the Caribbean Sea.

Did it move and is somewhere else now?

Oh and care to share this proof with the readers?

I believe that I have proof of an underwater building that has yet to be discovered. I have not been able in all of my research to find anyone who has discovered this building or the remains of it.

OK,

so you have no proof only believe you have proof.

How did you form this belief, was it only from the Google maps image you supplied or is there more to your belief?

Yes this is what I believe is part of Atlantis. I need to find out if anyone has been down there and researched this building or what is left of it. Anyone with information of this please let me know.

Part of Atlantis?

Researched the building? So its a confirmed structure that seems man made down there or are you speculating its a building and if so I hope you can answer my question above on how you came to believe this.

I am looking for anything on the geology of the Caribbean Sea along with any research. Please help.

You said you had proof it was in the Caribbean and you have been researching Atlantis for 20 years, when did you find this proof I'm hoping you will share?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Stari

The theory which has been so long and so frequently the subject of controversy, namely, that Plato's Atlantis was in the Atlantic, seems untenable in the light of modern science. The theory that Plato's Atlantis was Minoan Crete, on the contrary, seems to stand up very well before recent archeological discoveries. At any rate it deserves to be more widely known, for it certainly seems to meet fairly completely the facts which the old Egyptian priest was trying to tell Solon and Solon to tell Plato of the destruction of what seems to have been the then already nearly forgotten civilization of Minoan Crete.

archive.org...

www.jstor.org...
edit on 10-2-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

"Axial tilts/pole shifts are one thing. Atlantis is another. It always irritates me when people start talking about how advanced Atlantis was based on 0% of evidence."

I cant see why its so hard to entertain the notion that an advanced antediluvian culture could have existed when ooparts such as the Piri Reis map or Antikythera mechanism pretty much suggest just that.

en.wikipedia.org... Piri Reis map

en.wikipedia.org... Antikythera mechanism

One could quite possibly conclude both of the above constitute a form of evidence. They at least suggest an understanding of cartography, astronomy and advanced construction techniques!

edit on 10-2-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I like to believe in Atlantis as a real place and a historically accurate myth. The mid-Atlantic ridge near the Azores always seemed like the area Plato was talking about. There are areas of the mid-Atlantic ridge that were above water at one time and it is very geologically active and unstable (as in tectonic plates and fault lines). Given the rise in sea level 10,000-11,000 years ago, I can believe it sank in a single day under the right combination of events. They may yet find real evidence near the Azores of a larger continent sized land mass and human habitation.

Let's say Atlantis is just a myth, with no exact fit archeologically or geographically, I can still believe the idea of an ancient, lost, advance culture (or maybe many advanced cultures) is probable for modern homo sapiens in prehistoric times. Also, given the flood myth is nearly universal in human cultures across the globe, the Atlantis myth can be considered one of the traces left by these extinct civilizations.

New archeological evidence is always coming to light that shows how highly advanced most prehistoric cultures were. The Ice Man they found in the Alps, that was a huge eye-opener, he was from around the time of Atlantis. Neanderthal man, just because the best preserved fossils were found in caves, people assumed they were mentally retarded brutes that barely had enough intellect to survive, then the modern Cromagnon man came along and drove them into extinction. This assumption was entirely wrong. Now it is believed that Neanderthals had a rich and sophisticated culture with music, art and religion, and living in caves was the exception, they could build elaborate shelters, lots of evidence that they did.

The experts are often found to be wrong after new evidence, more studies and new technology comes along.
edit on 10-2-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

edit on 10-2-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: another typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join