It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Biblical Jesus

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by 20dollardowry

Oh I'm sorry! I'm a BOZO!

Thank you

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

randyvs

Oh I'm sorry! I'm a BOZO!

Thank you

You are not a bozo.

Just a bit sleepy is all.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

20dollardowry

20dollardowry

randyvs

No I don't believe so. Hook me up ?

Do you really want me to provide a link for a topic which is listed only a few below this one?

Sheesh, here ya go!

Final Warning

Speaking of prophetic things...

Did you all know this prophecy?

Hope I did that right...

Any way, the messiah, according to prophecy, could be teaching on these very forums as we speak.

Ariel Sharron has passed ya know...

Kinda perfectly in line with what was written above.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Speaking of Jesus, let's test some math skills and reveal why there would need to be a second coming to fulfill prophecy.

The Messiah is the one who receives Israel as a bride.

According to Jewish Law...

28If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; 29Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

50 Shekels of silver is the price of the Bride.

Jesus' life was valued at 30 pieces of silver by Judas, who used the money to buy the potters field.

Now mathematicians, how much does that leave remaining to be collected for the Dowry?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Ah, but Israel is NOT a Virgin.

When Jesus was tried, the Jews renounced him saying that Caesar was their only King.

So they are not virgins but whores who slept with another.

Who then are the Virgins?

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Those who come when called.

That's who.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

The depth of the tapestry is immaculate.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

1) The context of Matthew 6:6-9 is the Son teaching His disciples how to pray. Notice carefully in verse 6: “But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to YOUR Father...” Which is not the same as, “Pray to OUR Father...” Clearly there's a distinction going on here. You can't claim God as your Father until you claim his Son as your Saviour. There's a divine Father-Son relationship going on here which I'll show later as the thread progresses.

I just did a concordance search and found that the phrase “Our Father” only appears in the Lord's Prayer and everywhere it's, “My Father.”

Matthew 25:34 — “Come, you blessed of My Father...”
Matthew 26:29 — “I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in My Father's kingdom.”

Even before He ascended a clear distinction is made: “for I have not yet ascended to My Father.... I am ascending to My Father and your Father...” (John 20:17)

2) A lot of people on this forum see Christ as a means to an end but that is not so. He is the end itself (John 17:3). A lot of people only want His messages but the Bible teaches that you can't have one and not the other. To abide in His word is to also abide in Him, not to mention that the entire Bible points to Him but people refuse to come to Him that they may have life: “You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.” (John 5:39-40). “He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.” (1 John 5:12)

If you deny the Son then be careful that you don't boast in having God as your “Father” or that His Father is your “God.” Likewise, if you deny His Father then don't boast in knowing the Son for your denial of the Father proves that you neither know the Son nor the Father: “Jesus answered, ‘You know neither Me nor My Father. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also.’” (John 8:19)

Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. — (John 8:42)

If God were your Father you would love the Son. The fact that Christians/believers love the Son proves that God is their Father. John 8:42 also proves the union/oneness that the Father has with the Son, “for I proceeded forth and came from God” and so to deny one is to deny both. Also notice an interesting parallel just a few verses before the above passage:

They answered and said to Him, “Abraham is our father.”
Jesus said to them, “If you were Abraham's children, you would do the works of Abraham. But now you seek to kill Me, a Man who has told you the truth which I heard from God. Abraham did not do this. — (John 8:39-40)

Likewise, if God is your Father then you would love his Son because the Father loves the Son (John 3:35, 5:20, 10:17, 15:9, 17:26), “and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, ‘This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!’” (Matthew 17:5)

Jesus asked Peter three times, “Do you love me?” (John 21:15-17). So the question is the same for you: Do you love the Son? Is He your everything? Your devotion to his Son is how you prove that God is your Father.

“Grace be with all those who love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.” (Ephesians 6:24)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

The Sadducees accepted only the Pentateuch (Five Books of Moses) and they were rationalists that didn't believe in the supernatural, “For Sadducees say that there is no resurrection—and no angel or spirit...” (Acts 23:8). Jesus exposed their ignorance and how they erred greatly not knowing the scriptures. The resurrection is taught in the book of Exodus, “But concerning the dead, that they rise, have you not read in the book of Moses, in the burning bush passage, how God spoke to him, saying, ‘I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living. You are therefore greatly mistaken.” (Mark 12:26-27).

So let us not be like the Sadducees and, “Search from the book of the LORD, and read...” (Isaiah 34:16). “Search the scriptures...” (John 5:39) and search it daily (Acts 17:11). Take it one step at a time (Mark 4:13) and be diligent in your study and carefully divide the word of truth (2 Timothy 2:15). Allow scriptures to interpret itself, one portion of scriptures is to be compared with another, “These things we also speak, not in words which man's wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.” (1 Corinthians 2:13). Do consider what the scriptures say and ask the Lord for understanding, “Consider what I say, and may the Lord give you understanding in all things.” (2 Timothy 2:7). Don't try to tear the Bible apart because God knows the motive and intention and will resist such people, “for I know the things that come into your mind.” (Ezekiel 11:5). So let go of foolishness and be mature in your thinking, “Brothers, do not be children in your thinking. Be infants in evil, but in your thinking be mature.” (1 Corinthians 14:20). And try not to be wise in your own eyes (Isaiah 5:21; Proverbs 26:12, 30:12; Jeremiah 17:9; Romans 12:16; Luke 10:21-24). Ask and pray to be taught (Proverbs 2:3-7; Psalms 25:4-5, 119:12,18,33,66; Mark 4:10). Learn from others if you have to (Acts 8:30-31, 18:24-26).

sk0rpi0n: Well, yes. Indeed, its better to trust God than man. So then why do Christians tell everybody to trust a man, Jesus when they should be trusting God... as their own Bibles say? Why do Christians quote Jeremiah 17:5 and go back to trusting Jesus - a man? Please don't tell me Jesus was ''fully God/fully man'' or that he was a ''man-God'' etc. That concept did not exist in Jesus' Israelite religion.

When the Devil tempted Jesus in the wilderness he quoted the scriptures but let us not forget that the Lord is not to be tempted. The Devil said, “It is written...” Jesus said, “It is also written...” It is the “also” part that we must keep in mind because without the “also” we won't be able to see the full picture. This is what it means ‘comparing spiritual things with spiritual’, allowing scriptures to interpret itself. Cults have a tendency to show only one side of the truth but we must declare the WHOLE COUNSEL OF GOD and that includes the “also” part(s): “For I have not shunned to declare to you the whole counsel of God.” (Acts 20:27).

So yes, it is true what Jeremiah said in 17:5 and here are the "also":

“Kiss the Son, lest He be angry,
And you perish in the way,
When His wrath is kindled but a little.
Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him.
— Psalms 2:12

“It is written in the prophets, ‘And they shall all be taught by God.’ Therefore everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to Me.” (John 6:45)

“...and suddenly a voice came out of the cloud, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. Hear Him!” (Matthew 17:5)

So, if you truly put your trust in God and obey God then you would look to his Son, “you believe in God, believe also in Me.” (John 14:1)

Which raises the question: Who is this Jesus? Let's have a look!

When Joshua was by Jericho, he lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, a man was standing before him with his drawn sword in his hand. And Joshua went to him and said to him, “Are you for us, or for our adversaries?” And he said, “No; but I am the commander of the army of the LORD. Now I have come.” And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshiped and said to him, “What does my lord say to his servant?” And the commander of the Lord's army said to Joshua, “Take off your sandals from your feet, for the place where you are standing is holy.” And Joshua did so. — Joshua 5:13-15

We know that this man that Joshua saw was the Angel of the LORD because, “Take off your scandals from your feet…” brings us back to the burning bush:

And the angel of the LORD appeared to him in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush. He looked, and behold, the bush was burning, yet it was not consumed… Then he said, “Do not come near; take your sandals off your feet, for the place on which you are standing is holy ground. — Exodus 3:2,5

With these two passages we can see that an Angel doesn’t necessary mean a being with wings because Abraham saw three men and in one of them is the LORD: “And the LORD appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre, as he sat at the door of his tent in the heat of the day. He lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, three men were standing in front of him.” (Gen 18:1-2).

The Commander of the army of the LORD that Joshua saw is the Son of God when we view it through the lens of the New Testament. The Son came with a sword (Matthew 10:34) but this time not a physical sword but a sword of submission since the battle is for souls (Luke 9:54-56 KJV; Matt 20:28):

And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village. — Luke 9:54-56 (KJV)

This is why the Son didn't fight back:

Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and he will at once send me more than twelve legions of angels? But how then should the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must be so. — Matthew 26:53-54

The Son is the Commander/Captain of His Father’s army and this is the same Person that Joshua saw and fell on his face but His enemies fell back:

When Jesus said to them, “I am he,” they drew back and fell to the ground. — John 18:6

top topics

<< 1   >>

join