It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After seeing my friend breastfeed, it hit me that we are only domesticated animals.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
First off, I am 100 percent for breastfeeding. Its not everyday that I see it. I saw it a few days ago, not the first time I saw something so natural, it was actually beautiful. I then realized that just like all other animals that nurse the young, we do as well and lol yes I already knew that too. It seems the only thing we can do that they cant is build things and drive some of those things, type on those things and rest in those things. So whats to separate us from them in thinking that we have a soul or eternal existence or that we are so special, the pinnacle of life on earth. Lots of people act like wild animals, some of us observe them as we are better in some way, I believe only our act is better. Point being, are we any different from other animals ? Besides they do not fight about where they came from and what color they were born, are we nothing more than domesticated animals ?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Domesticated by who? Ourselves?

I will say, that after my first was born I became confused as to why breasts are so overly sexualized in western culture. Who decided they were to be used in sex anyway? I can think of far more erotic (to me) places I like my husband to kiss me, and those places don't have to be covered in public.

So it started to bug me... Why can't women go topless in public? It's because we have sexualized the breasts. Why are people uncomfortable to see someone breastfeeding a child over the age of 1? Because we see breasts as sex objects. It's stupid. Boobs make milk, which is exactly what they are supposed to do.

Breastfeeding can definitely shift your views on a lot of things... but in my case it mostly shifted my views on boobs.

Anyway... I don't think we are domesticated by anyone (except God). But we are indeed mammals.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It took you this long to see humans are just very badly behaved animals?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

I find breats beautiful but not erotic at all. When I think of boobs I think of mothers feeding babies.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
boobs are sexualized because of the whole Freudian concept of men having associated sex with their mothers. A childs first sexual "feeling" is usually while they are very young, and it is powerful. Add to this the basic animal desire of finding the right mate for your procreation...and a common ideal is set.

Men have sexualized all manner of things related to their lifes experience. So do women, but in ways I am not really good at understanding, due to my own condition of being male.

edit on 2/9/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

VegHead

So it started to bug me... Why can't women go topless in public?

There are quite a few places in America that it is totally legal for a woman to do so.

Wherever it is appropriate for a male to go topless, so a woman can, as well, according to the laws in those places. They've "determined" that exposing the breasts is not sexual because they are not considered "genitalia."

Personally, I am totally for it. There's literally no difference between a guy with some weight on him having "moobs" and a woman having "boobs".

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Jomina

as a connoisseur, i couldn't disagree more! LOL

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by lotusfoot

Yes humans are the only domesticated animal, that put's themselves back in the cage at night and locks the door behind them.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

Please by all means, men around the world would appreciate a topless female society.
I agree totally .

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

edit on 9-2-2014 by LadySkadi because:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Mammels make milk. Humans are mammels. Polar bears and lions breast feed but I wouldn't call them domesticated.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

VegHead
Domesticated by who? Ourselves?

I will say, that after my first was born I became confused as to why breasts are so overly sexualized in western culture. Who decided they were to be used in sex anyway? I can think of far more erotic (to me) places I like my husband to kiss me, and those places don't have to be covered in public.

So it started to bug me... Why can't women go topless in public? It's because we have sexualized the breasts. Why are people uncomfortable to see someone breastfeeding a child over the age of 1? Because we see breasts as sex objects. It's stupid. Boobs make milk, which is exactly what they are supposed to do.

Breastfeeding can definitely shift your views on a lot of things... but in my case it mostly shifted my views on boobs.

Anyway... I don't think we are domesticated by anyone (except God). But we are indeed mammals.

Because they serve a dual function. Which is why the buttocks and breasts can resemble each other to a man.

Body parts can serve more than one function.
edit on 10-2-2014 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

lotusfoot
First off, I am 100 percent for breastfeeding. Its not everyday that I see it. I saw it a few days ago, not the first time I saw something so natural, it was actually beautiful. I then realized that just like all other animals that nurse the young, we do as well and lol yes I already knew that too. It seems the only thing we can do that they cant is build things and drive some of those things, type on those things and rest in those things. So whats to separate us from them in thinking that we have a soul or eternal existence or that we are so special, the pinnacle of life on earth. Lots of people act like wild animals, some of us observe them as we are better in some way, I believe only our act is better. Point being, are we any different from other animals ? Besides they do not fight about where they came from and what color they were born, are we nothing more than domesticated animals ?

That would be mammals, not all animals.

And we can do quite a big. If you look into human evolution, just our vocal range and ability to communicate totally trivializes anything else nature can do. It is one of the secrets to our success, actually. Our communication, both physical and vocal.

As for what color they are, apparently you haven't seen one female bird choose the brighter mate to go off with.

As for fighting where they came from, this happens with social groups more often than you think in the animal kingdom.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Plenty of hunter gatherer tribes have men and women walking around virtually butt naked 24/7.

I wonder what body part they fetishize? Everythings permanently on view. When you think about it, it's the culture of wearing clothes that makes everyne weird.

SO much for men not being able to control themselves at the sight of naked women. (caution, link to naked Indians)
italiots.files.wordpress.com...

No such thing as blaming victims of SA's for wearing a short skirt there.

I breastfed both of my little angels. The boy has an unhealthy fixation with mine still. Both still like to snuggle into them for comfort.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Antigod

I wasn't able to bf and my son still uses mine for comfort. He calls them his pillows. lol

new topics

top topics

join