It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Infant Sex-change surgeries on the rise as 16-& 17- month old among

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
www.dailykos.com...#

Above is one instance where a 16 months-old child was given sex change surgery, apparently without consent.

And here is an instance (link below) which seems to have started that precedent, a male twin whose organ was amputated after circumcision, the child was given sex change surgery at 17 months (instead of salvaging the testicles and thus the child's only future change and having children of his/her own). An earlier incident resulted in the child growing up rejecting the assignment and committing suicide (en.wikipedia.org...) so I'm clueless to what in this day and age, given that case and knowledge, what were the new doctor and parents thinking?!

www.susans.org...

^What has gender come to, really? To assign gender based on child's desired sex, doesn't that scream DANGER, DANGER?!

I mean, what if these kids had to actually worry about helping mom and dad gather food to eat, or sell souvenirs on the beach to tourists, instead of worry about what sex they would have prefered to been born as a few years ago?

Here's a link to a youtube of such a case: www.youtube.com...

Lastly, here is one case from a few years back where a 17 MONTH old was beaten to death in New York for merely for 'acting' like a girl:

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Indeed, what does all this activity of wee-early sex changes as well as lethal force used against mere infants/toddlers who do not act their sex, suggest about America's changing expectations of boy vs girl?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gardener

This is your fourth thread on LGBT issues in the last few hours. Are you loading the bullets for someone else to fire the gun?

What is your agenda with all these threads?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Agenda?

It's my topic of research for the day.

Is there a problem with that? Are you suggesting these are all not different social issues?

Also, I don't see what gender has to do with LGBT, one is gender, the other is sexual orientation.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Each of your threads have some members bashing the LGBT community. These threads you have started are controversial and strong opinions on both sides of the argument. What's more, you seem to start the thread and then hardly contribute to the discussion. Are you just collecting stars and flags whilst loading bullets on such controversial subjects knowing you'll get a response?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

This is not only insane, but truly disgusting. I fully support a person to change their sex if that's their choice, but how can a child, one that's hasn't even reached it's second birthday truly their choice? I honestly feel that a person should not be allowed to change their sex until they're at least eighteen. Maybe even twenty-one.

This is a life changing decision and should not be fueled by hormones in your teens and should not be chosen by your parents before you even know what your sex is.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

gardener
Agenda?

It's my topic of research for the day.

Is there a problem with that? Are you suggesting these are all not different social issues?

Also, I don't see what gender has to do with LGBT, one is gender, the other is sexual orientation.

Definition: Concern Troll
Someone who posts to an internet forum or newsgroup, claiming to share its goals while deliberately working against those goals, typically, by claiming "concern" about group plans to engage in productive activity, urging members instead to attempt some activity that would damage the group's ...
en.wiktionary.org...

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I think those changes should happen when those being changed have reached a certain level of maturity where they know exactly whats going to happen and realize it's for keeps. As far as the monster who killed the 17 month old.

I suggest an Eye for Eye in some Penitentiary

Yeah, I said it~!
edit on 9-2-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
That is truly horrific. I didn't know that that sort of thing was done to kids and toddlers. Reminds me of the Iain Banks book called The Wasp Factory.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Doctors have been playing God over sex assignment for a very long time.

Usually when children are born with intersex looking genitalia, doctors have done surgical alterations when the child was an infant to produce a stereotypical male or female.
As such "gender" is an imposed cultural and historical construction, rather that a consistently natural occurrence.

Very often those doctors imposed a wrong choice on babies and infants, who would later change genders and suffer from genitalia that was surgically mutilated, when it could have been functional if left alone.

So there's a big movement at the moment from various intersex people to stop the mutilation of babies, and to at least give people until puberty to make a choice on their bodies.

Gay people in the Western past have also at times been subjected to forced gender re-assignment surgeries.
Homosexuality itself was once considered a hermaphroditic condition of the mind or soul.
During the 1950s hormone treatments were part of a horrific "cure" for gay men.
In the South African army, forced gender re-assignment surgeries went on until the 1980s.
I suppose the standard thought then was to save the "confused" people through grueling camps, which would make them "men", and to force sex changes on those considered too feminine to "convert".
Then the world would be normal again, like in Genesis.
Some Marxists countries also did this.

I would stand with intersex people to stop surgical mutilation by doctors right now.
They do it just to make a world of standard "males" and "females".
humanrights.4hermaphrodites2.org...

edit on 9-2-2014 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

This is all a sign that some people just have way too much money to throw around and way too much time on their hands to be worrying about such things. Humans weren't meant to have so many options. It's too dangerous.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
More and more are the practices of the bizarre and the people with power over others are as a fox in the henhouse. Using children to conduct anything remotely like this sex change stuff on babies, should be met with a shotgun to the head.

It is a total perversion of morality to do something like this.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It reminds of the case of the South African female athlete Caster Semenya.

Because she looked very masculine there were immediate questions (and jokes) about her gender.

Surprisingly it turned out that the relevant sporting body had no absolute gender test for "female" athletes.

Later it was leaked to a curious press that she was female but had internal testes, which could be counter-balanced with medication to produce a "normal" woman (also to lower her cancer risk).
Since then her performances have been less spectacular, but was that really cheating?
She looked very confused and unhappy about it all, and I hope she recovered from all that media sensationalism.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

alienreality
More and more are the practices of the bizarre and the people with power over others are as a fox in the henhouse. Using children to conduct anything remotely like this sex change stuff on babies, should be met with a shotgun to the head.

It is a total perversion of morality to do something like this.

Well until the Doctors stop Arbitrarily giving the parents one choice or the other it would be better to let the child get to puberty first so they can make their own decisions or 18. Alot of people who are"gay" right now not actually be gay but the wrong gender thanks to Doctors concerned about getting sued over a perceived birth defect.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

In some regards I could be off base, like if something like this had to be done because of (a real) birth defect, in order to give the person a better quality of life later on, otherwise, for doctors or people doing this like you would go get a tattoo or something seems very messed up.. That's what I should have clarified earlier..

edit on 9-2-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

The 'T' in LGBT stands for transgender. Transgender doesn't have anything to do with sexual orientation (apparently). You can be a lesbian or straight transgender. The only reason I know this is because I researched it after getting annoyed with people bitching about pronouns. It gets crazy confusing. So the other poster was technically correct.

That being said, I find the other poster to be out of line. You can start as many threads as you want on the same topic and the appropriate thing to do rather than derail is alert the moderation team if you feel someone is 'trolling', not derail the thread with accusations. Even if you DO have an agenda (or what I would call an opinion) that's perfectly fine too. Like the chemtrail folks (ha).

I hadn't heard about these cases and find them rather appalling. I suppose in some situations it makes sense for a Dr. to choose the more, uh, functional or less messed up sex organ and then identify the child as either biologically male or female, but if you burn a kids penis off and they were CLEARLY a biological male some wonky ass social experiment is BS. In most cases I think the child should be allowed to hit puberty and then choose surgery. Or leave it alone and find someone understanding.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
True and pseudohermaphroditism occurs in about 1 % of the population. A blood test is 100% capable of determining the gender of a human body.

If a female is born with a male appendage, it has been the practice to remove it, just like removing the sixth finger that babies are commonly born with.

Now days, with people identifying with a gender than what their blood and body show them to be, it complicates things a great deal.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Thanks all you guys n gals n such n such for chiming in!

My impression is what some of you highlighted: Doctors Playing God!

That is, doctors deciding how well a newborn's genitalia should be developed at birth, and if there is an underdevelopment, and they LIE and say they can't really tell the gender, and press the parents to decide within 24hrs to a few days, as to whether Jack or Jill goes on the BC as well as press for the genitalia to be reconstructed at wee months into post-natal development.

As many of us I'm sure for example, the testes do not descend until later on in infancy, so doctors claim to rely on the phallus part of the newborn's organ. Some are late bloomers, and so they pretend for the most part, that they can't tell newborn labia apart from an underdeveloped phallus or one that likewise most of it has developed inside the body (much of the phallus being within the body is normal even in mature well-endowed men. so who are they kidding, plus why not submit the newborn to a brief x-ray to see whats inside/still developing?!)
Hence, just another case of the masses at large treated as dumb people to make money off medically & commercially.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
My simple Philosophy on sex change operations is this ....

Mother nature doesn't make a mistake when assigning gender.

By this is Mother nature/God/what ever made you who you are, if you like the same sex, that is fine, but you should change what you are. This is what you are.

As far as doing this the 16 and 17 month olds is a crime on bot the parent and the doctor to do that. The baby hasn't even had a chance tp discover who they are and might be. It is wrong and immoral.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Domo1

That being said, I find the other poster to be out of line. You can start as many threads as you want on the same topic and the appropriate thing to do rather than derail is alert the moderation team if you feel someone is 'trolling', not derail the thread with accusations. Even if you DO have an agenda (or what I would call an opinion) that's perfectly fine too. Like the chemtrail folks (ha).

Obviously your not a LGBT ATS member, because if you were you would understand that each of these threads that this member started yesterday gave way to some other ATS members bashing the LGBT community again! In my opinion as already stated this user created these threads as they knew they would get responses to such a topic and would gain stars and flags in the process. Had the user actually continued to discuss the topic of each of their threads then I would be mute on the subject, fact is though they never and a lot of homophobic remarks were made, for example in another thread a user said "A lot of countries hate gays, like I do". (That in my mind would be the same as saying a lot of people are racist like I am) which would not be acceptable but as its about the LGBT community this seems ok to say on ATS. Well its not, its homophobic and needs to be dealt with.

Here is a list of threads this user started yesterday on LGBT issues, have a look at the hatred being spurted by some users and then tell me if you think its acceptable

Documentary: Gays hunted like wild animals in Russia
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Like America's did 40 yrs ago, India's Psych association declares homosexuality not a disease

Indonesians recognize 5 genders, while Americans recognize only 2

Infant Sex-change surgeries on the rise as 16-& 17- month old among

If this user had actually defended the LGBT members on ATS once these obnoxious comments were made then fair enough, fact is nothing was said and it was a case "load the bullets and let someone else fire the gun ..." and that was either to gain more stars and flags or they were being a "Concern Troll" with the definition in a previous post on this thread.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

flammadraco

This is your fourth thread on LGBT issues in the last few hours. Are you loading the bullets for someone else to fire the gun?

What is your agenda with all these threads?

In fairness to the OP, they can post what they want to within T&C.

On the subject of repetitive posts, this is the second time i've seen you post in a LGBT orientated thread using almost the same phrase of "Are you loading the bullets for someone else to fire the gun?"

What is it with you stalking these threads accusing people of posting threads purely to antagonise?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join