It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Science Channel new Show: Close Encounters

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I looked ahead for tonights offerings of "Close Encounters" and on one show the subject of JAL 1628 Airliners encounter of a huge ufo over Anchorage.

posted on Mar, 8 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
In todays installments of shows 3 and 4, while this program is ok, I say its still way to short to do justice to any of the subjects mentioned. The first short was on the Kecksburg incident which goes back to 1965. There were brief glimpses of the ufo/whatever it was that landed with some type of writing along the top edge. Then the military came and of course took the ufo/whatever it was away, and pretty much end of story. Disappointing.

The next subject was a ufo legend, the Phoenix Lights. In this instance you got to see a family observe these lights on the huge structure, and watch it come close to them and then display some stealth type of cloaking technology except for the lights. Again, just a few minutes devoted to a particular sighting that was THE ufo event of 1997.

The 3rd subject was better. It was the Japan Airline ufo encounter over Anchorage. They displayed a back and forth banter with the Control Tower ,who had picked up the ufo as it played games of hide and seek with the airliner. The ufo was mentioned as being about the size of 4 aircraft carriers, in the sky.

The last story concerned a sighting and personal encounter from a police officer in the state of Minnesota. I cannot say I recall hearing about this one, but it appeared to have some aspects of a possible abduction as the officer mentioned he cannot account for a 14 minute time period.

This show is no where near as good as "Nasa's Unexplained Files," but I probably will continue to check it out.
edit on 08pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

edit on 08pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The "Close Encounters" show has nice production values, but the format limits them to shallow coverage, and the focus seems to be on the drama, not the details.

There were many errors in their coverage of the Cash-Landrum case, one I'm very familiar with, and I just completed an article that deals with Betty Cash's car and the evidence it showed:
The 4th witness: the Cash-Landrum Car

posted on Mar, 15 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I watched the 5th installment of the show yesterday. The first encounter was one I had never heard of before. This was in Melbourne, Australia way back in 1966 and took place in a school yard where many children, and a Teacher, witnessed a spinning silver disc that for the most part just hovered above them. At one point it did land, and there was a young boy who got very close to the ufo, while it was still spinning slowly. It then became airborne and took off at a fairly fast speed. As I understand this, this case was reopened again in 2005 and the people who were young children at the time came back to the exact same area on the school grounds where they had witnessed the spinning ufo.

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I caught the 6th installment of the show today. This program covered the Bentwaters incident from 1980. Its really hard to do any kind of justice to such a complex and varied type of a ufo sighting, on a part of a show that's maybe about 9 minutes in total, but they showed a person playing Penniston as he was following a light in the woods. They originally thought this was a downed aircraft, but once they got close enough it was clear this was a ufo. The design of the ship was exactly as I have seen it in pics in books on the subject, including "Left at Bentwaters" so it was true. They showed Penniston up close to the craft taking pictures of it and then seeing some type of possible language on the craft as well..

The second subject was Shag Harbor. This was a high profile sighting witnessed by many people as the craft hovered over water, and then dove straight down into it. Later a greenish glowing foam was seen on the surface floating around. I think this color of the foam was true too as it relates to stories of this incident I have read in quite a few books.
edit on 19pm31pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by data5091

One of the better UFO shows. I've been watching them all on back to back. Also a new one called "Hanger 1. The Ufo Files" is really well done and interesting.

Heres is Hanger 1. Link is to my spot for watching all of em + more.

ENJOY>> www.primewire.ag...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I do like the "Hangar" Shows. I am able to pull those up to view when I want to. Science Channel is advertising that a new installment of "Close Encounters" will be on tonight too.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

data5091 I do like the "Hangar" Shows.

I can't wait for "Hangar 1" to cover the ET encounters of Professor George Adamski. His adventures are more credible and are supported by better evidence than most of the cases they have presented so far.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I caught the episode today which consisted of cover ups. They talked first about the Aurora, Tx. ufo crash and coverup. Included was a clip from the newspaper back from the same time which talked about a pilot who had been "badly disfigured" and was "not from this world." They also mentioned a "service" would be held at the local cemetary for this pilot. They also covered a ufo crash and cover up that occurred in Coyame, Mexico in 1974. What was funny was that several military people from Mexico were involved in the find or crashed ufo, but when MUFON pressed for info the Mexican government told Mufon they had no personnel involved with this crash. They also talked about the Kecksburg crash of an acorn shaped object that had writing on it. Pretty much the whole town of Kecksburg saw this object crash. The military quickly scooped in to whisk the object away and then the denial and coverup by the military took place. They also included a ufo encounter in N.Y. City in 1989 by a lady who was actaully observed to be floating in the air above the New York skyline as she was being pulled into a large floating silver craft. This was witnessed from below in a car by at least 3 people. One of whom Mr. Cuayare who actually worked in the United Nations building at the time. Very interesting show I thought.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I caught the 7th show of "Close Encounters" and I liked this one alot. The first sighting was one that happened in Taize France back in the early 1970's. A group of French teenagers/young people went camping and one night they were sitting around a fire when off in the distance they spotted something in the air. They could see whatever it was had lots of lights on it, primarily on the bottom part, it was cigar shaped and they could see it was shooting beams of light both in the air and on the ground, like it was looking for something.

Next it continues to come closer to them, so at one point one of the guys in the group shined a flashlight on the ufo and the light bounced off the ufo and in another direction entirely. They next were hit with a high white beam of light that was blinding. After this the ufo took off at slow speed and disappeared back over some higher ground. Never heard of this incident.

The second sighting concerned the wave of triangle crafts that were seen over Europe and specifically Belgium. Two Police Officers saw a huge light shining over a field one night while on patrol, so they got out of their car to watch it hover above them. The craft took off at slow speed and they got in their car and followed it to watch it hover over a lake, at which point two pods of some type with red beams of light fell down into the water and then retracted the water back up into the craft. Next thing they knew another triangular craft appears, and they could see windows in this object. They got a radio call in that said many other sightings of similair type objects were being seen all over Belgium. I do not recall a sighting of this type where pods of some type were dropped into water and then retracted back up, like they wanted a sample of the water or something in it.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I caught the latest two episodes of "Close Encounter" last night, and this show feels like a hit-and run on each case. They could make this series better by doubling its length of each episode, expanding the section on the analysis and investigation of the cases.

I feel sure the experts they talked to discussed the investigations, and it was not used in the aired version.

posted on Mar, 27 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

CardDown
I caught the latest two episodes of "Close Encounter" last night, and this show feels like a hit-and run on each case. They could make this series better by doubling its length of each episode, expanding the section on the analysis and investigation of the cases.

I feel sure the experts they talked to discussed the investigations, and it was not used in the aired version.

I agree, either focus one half hour on each sighting, or give it up, there is just not enough time devoted to every subject. I have noticed though they are featuring much more of Nick Popes' comments, which I appreciate and like.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
UFO Case Review is a Youtube channel presenting short videos covering classic UFO cases. Strange thing is, he's able to do more in about 5 minutes than most TV shows can in an hour, and he's sticking to the facts. Check out UFO Case Review

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I have seen an advert for another new installment of "Close Encounters" on Tues. night next week. I watch, but as we know the show could be much better.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
going to pull up episode #8 later and watch it, and will post comments later.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
The subjects of the 8th episode were the gigantic ufo sighting that happened in the Yukon region of Canada in 1996. This was the humungous sized ufo, that in one case hovered over one of two guys who were driving down the highway at night, and shined a white beam over the guy. I don't recall that particular aspect from reading about this sighting.

The other incident was the very famous Malmstrom Air Force Base incident in Montana that happened in the mid 60's as I recall. One guard was standing outside the base when he sees a orange colored ufo off in the distance. The ufo comes closer and at this point the alarms blare, and missile on and off buttons light off and on. The ufo moves away again, and then 2 more guards were standing patrol when the ufo starts to come really close again, and shines down some type of orange light at them as they try to scurry away. The ufo look like an orange, hazy burning orb.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

data5091
I love the Science Channel. Probably my most watched favorite channel. I guess in the month of March the channel is calling it the Are We Alone month, which features new programming. From what I have heard, this show, "Close Encounters" could be something like this channels version of " Unexplained Files", that it will feature some more prominent
ufo stories which have not been solved. I already saw one video short for the incident at a US Air Force base, I think it was Malstrom AFB.

Science Channel

I tried searching for this show on ATS but didn't find anything, so hopefully this is not a duplicate thread.
edit on 09pm28pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

edit on 09pm28pm5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)
I love this show. It is television and the production value is not going to high because of budgetary reasons. It is produced by Discovery Canada. The Shag Harbour, Falcon Lake and the Yukon sighting are well known incidents in Canada.

I'm waiting for the episode of the mass UFO sighting in the province of Ontario in 1990 that my brother and late mother experienced. I was there, but I didn't see the UFO. I saw the lights reflecting off the surface of the pavement. Indicating that the object was emitting a bright light source. My brother was driving my car along side my mother. I was in the backseat with my father, that was why I didn't see the object. My brother said the object zigged-zagged from the western horizon to the eastern horizon in a matter of seconds. My brother is convinced it was a legit UFO. He commented that it would be mistaken for a Russian satellite. Sure enough, it was the lead story on the CBC's "The National" The anchor said it was a Russian satellite crashing back to Earth. But, Russian satellites travels in a north-to-south orbit. My older sister didn't believe my brother, but she was shocked about how my brother predicted what the media would report on television. She would later come around to accepting my brother's testimony. I envy my brother for witnessing such an event.

Enjoy watching the show.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Happened to catch a few new installments of this show this morning. Most of the reports were Mufon ones from the 50's and 60's, and some I had never heard of before. There were two that were striking, one was a report from about 1952 in Oleran France when I family is getting ready to eat and they notice something outside shining brightly. The object moves closer to the house. It looks cigar shaped with heavy lighting, and it basically hovers for minutes. Next they notice two small objects seem to emerge from the larger one and then all of a sudden this spider like webbing is dropped from above and it covers everything. Trees, grass and such. After a period of time the large hovering craft moves off and then the webbing starts to disappear as well. There was at least one other report of the same type of incidents in a nearby town.

This next one was quite intriguing. It took place in Scotland in the late 60's. A groundskeeper is doing his usual work routine of checking on properties when all of a sudden his dog starts barking like its quite stressed. The man goes deeper into the woods when he notices something that looks like its floating and in a circular pattern. He can see images of trees within this large floating circle. Then all of a sudden the image changes to that of some type of craft which has landed, and it has different parts of the craft which are rotating in different directions. Then he starts to hear banging noises which appear to be coming from inside the craft. Then two balls with spikes on them seem to come out from the craft and then get closer and closer to the man who is now fallen and laying on the ground. The balls with spikes seem to attach to his trousers at which time some type of noxious gas is introduced which seems to knock the man out, as he is dragged towards the craft. Later the man gets up but is quite disorientated probably from the gas, and said he could not account for a time period of about 20 minutes. By the time he awakes the craft is gone. Never heard of this one before. Maybe this and the other incidents 2 of the more bizzare reports I have ever heard about before....I do like this program.

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   

This gets all sorts of things wrong and focuses on only the first encounter and goes with Jim Penniston's modern re-telling of story that is 'suspect'.

Wow. Yeah, that's bad.

Thing is, there are a lot of good cases out there, with a lot of good evidence, but the really good ones (Roswell, Rendlesham, etc.) have some bad apples too, that you have to be careful to weed out.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join