It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your fav sci-fi movie..

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Well... It hasn't happened yet, zombies that is, so I consider it sci-fi

But my next favorite scifi movies is Resident Evil.. all of them.

I am a zombie nut though!

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Just the other day I watched this recent sci-fi movie The Signal with the excellent actor Lawrence Fishburn in it. It is certainly a movie which made an lasting impression but I am a little confused about who is the bad guy here. How does it all fit together anyways...?

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
It is not my fav Sci-Fi but it's in the top of my list.
It's considered sci-fi. I have not seen it mentioned.
The film has been nominated for and won numerous awards
8 of 10 stars on IMDB
IGN gave it an 8 out of 10, calling it "intellectual sci-fi"

It's not a action packed, keep you on the edge of your seat movie.
It is a thought action, keeps your mind open kinda movie.

The Man from Earth

wanna spend an hour and a half

posted on Aug, 1 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
reply to post by zatara

Blade Runner , great story , great cast ...great film

First one to come to my mind. The book was really good too.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I had a few: The Man from Earth, Frequently Asked Questions About Time Travel, safety not guaranted, John Dies At The End, Dark Skies, Snowpiercer and i keep going.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Some Oldies but goodies :

Ghost Ship

They LIve [People could really use those glasses today more than ever to see the real messages]

Contact

The Island

Stargate

Sign

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Wow... without watching this flic I can predict that this movie will rank high in my fav sci-fi movies of all time...

Avengers: Age Of Ultron

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I wasn't expecting the trailer to be that awesome. I'm also looking forward to Interstellar. Hopefully it won't turn out to be boring, lame, or have crappy science (or any combination of those).

And to throw some good movies out there (dunno if they've been mentioned before):

Metropolis
Considered as the first feature length science fiction film, it's a German Expressionist (awesome, over-the-top aesthetic and acting) silent film. The special effects were fantastic, and the robot was way ahead of its time.

Moon
Awesome, thought-provoking, and executed just so beautifully. I was hanging off the TV screen the whole time, yet so utterly relaxed. It's seriously top class.

2001: A Space Odyssey
Really, this should require no explanation. Beautiful sound and cinematography, pretty darn accurate science, evil AI...watching it is an experience in itself.

The Matrix
"I know kung fu." What else do I need to say. Thought-provoking, exciting, and just so darn awesome.

Mr Nobody
Alternate timelines (one of my favourite things
), tough decisions, total weirdness. Though it's pretty long, it's also totally worth a watch.

Avatar and Inception also come to mind, but I literally cannot think, and as such cannot procure a satisfactory description for either.

Of course there are many more awesome movies, but I just can't think of them at present.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Okay.. I have a new one here.. The Ant -Man. Never heared of the guy in comicbooks or anywhere else. Like in the trailer I wonder if it was not possible to change the name of the character..because, lets be honest... it a bit cheesy. But of course this doesn't mean the story, special effects or acting will be lousy.

I found this trailer of the film with an 'indepth' review of a young woman who gives the impression of ranting the whole way through. But it seems that is just the way she talks..

Besides all that I am looking forward seeing this film..

edit on 13/1/2015 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
My all time fav sci-fi movie!

Cause the only good bug is a DEAD bug!

*squash*
edit on 13-1-2015 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Based on how many times I've re-watched it's between Dark City, Terminator 2: Directors Cut, Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, Matrix, and The Man From Earth.

*Edit: totally forgot Mr. Nobody!
edit on 25-3-2015 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara i cant remember the name but it had the professor from Gilligans Island in it.. The elementary school i ues to go to showed movies on saturday for 25 cents. The use to show an episode of Captain Video. Had really scary robots. I liked those episodes fairly well

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I love the old sci-fi movies the best.

The Thing from Another World
Forbidden Planet
Them
When Worlds Collide
The War of the Worlds
This Island Earth

And one movie I have not seen mentioned:
Robinson Crusoe on Mars

posted on Apr, 2 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
reply to post by zatara

Sci-fi movies worthwhile to watch that haven't been mentioned yet (just off the top of my head):

Mad Max
Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
Minority Report
Mission To Mars
Serenity
Battlefield Earth
Gattaca
Titan AE
Contact
The Fifth Element
Bicentennial Man
Pitch Black
Chronicles of Riddick
Riddick
Silent Running
Logan's Run
Solaris
The Quiet Earth
Soylent Green
Children of Men
Soldier
Enemy Mine
Outlander
Outland
Leviathan
The Abyss
Stargate
Oblivion
12 Monkeys
Sunshine
Equilibrium
Aeon Flux

... those should keep you busy for a while

You left out "Brazil" "I Robot" "Elysium", "District 9", "John Walker" "Liquid Sky" (did someone mention "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy")?
edit on 2-4-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I don't know if this would be considered Sci-Fi enough, but my fav would probably be the first Jurassic Park movie. I could watch that over and over.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: xDeadcowx

This is one of my all time favorite movies.

I would suggest watching it at night with all the lights out for full effect

Yes, this is one of my favorites too. A good horror sci-fi story on a space ship is half the story..

I remember watching a sci-fi movie with it all happening on a spaceship so large it could take you months to walk from the back to the end of the ship.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join