It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Attack on london foiled

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Britain's security services have reportedly thwarted a September 11 style attack on Heathrow airport and Canary wharf tower. The plot involved al-Qaeda trained pilots to fly into the target buildings and aslso a number of other unnamed targets.

ITV NEWS

The disclosure comes as the Government prepares to unveil a series of tough new law-and-order bills in tomorrow's Queen's Speech, setting out the legislative programme for what is expected to be the final session of the current Parliament.

The speech will contain Bills designed to protect the UK against al-Qaeda attacks as well as plans for a crackdown on major organised crime and petty offences which ruin people's lives.

Chief among the measures announced will be a move towards introducing ID cards and steps to create a nationwide serious crime agency dubbed the British equivalent of the FBI.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Related Links
Channel4 news
Heathrow airport
canarywharf
MI-5

ATSNN Related Links
ATSNN the flight to 9-11

In recent interviews home Secretary David Blunkett had hinted that there was valid reasons for strengthening the anti terrorist laws in the UK and that reasons would be given in the near future. Whether ITV had been given the reasons from official sources, or from other contacts is not dis-closed but there had been no denial of the story regarding the 9/11 style attacks from Downing Street.

[edit on 22/11/2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Wow I'm glad it was stopped. Could of been catastrophic.

P.S. I wonder if ats is the first people on the web do get this on the web.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
very nasty. Why not London Bridge or some such tall building?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
SE7EN,

If you have access look at BBC and ITV news in the UK, it has been reported on the TV and Radio, have not checked their websites yet.

It appears to be tip offs a single reporter has been given that something was stopped. There is no official government confirmation or information on the reporters sources.

As of now, I would take this with a pinch of salt.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNice
very nasty. Why not London Bridge or some such tall building?

The London Bridge is in Havasu City, Arizona. It was taken apart brick by brick and moved there. It now spans a small inlet of the Colorado River.

FYI

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Forgive my American ignorance(
) but what is the Canary Wharf?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Sounds like the same propaganda Bush used to create terror in the minds of the people, to get him re-elected. As it so happens, British elections approach, and people here generally don't like Blair either. I wonder if these kind of scares will change the minds of the people.

[edit on 22-11-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

As of now, I would take this with a pinch of salt.

somthing like this should be taken with a pinch of salt at all. This is national news and a very important story the news reporter is highly acredited political reporter for ITV. He would not put his reputation on the line.

Canary wharf is head of banking for the uk it is basicly a very big tower in London.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
Forgive my American ignorance(
) but what is the Canary Wharf?

Here you go Fry2

Click Me!

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN

somthing like this should be taken with a pinch of salt at all.
I do not think that is exactley what you meant to say, but I think I know what you mean.

I was not trying to criticise your post or question its importance. Sorry if my post came across that way. I was only suggesting sources to keep an eye on as it seemed to be reporeted as a rumour.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Fresh reports are due to come in within the next 10 minutes. Should be interesting.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Thanks, Janus!

Looks like a great place! Unfortunately I have always missed Britain on my trips abroad
. Closest I came was Dublin for a week.

I don't think I would worry about it being a target any more than a large city center, however.
I'm taking my salt....

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Hmmm....

Looks to me like a softening up process on the public to ease the new laws in, rather than a serious news item of its own right. Typical political spin to push the legislation they want.

If it wasn't for the laws would we have heard about this at all?

If we didn't how real would the threat REALLY have been?

dh

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This is crap
This is an old old story presented as a new story ahead of the Queen's speech
This is a simple little repeat from about a year ago last June to provide a basis for all the nasty Blunkett's material for suppression of just about every freedom of expression, the extention of ASBO's aimed primarily at incarcerating naughty kids, and the introduction of biometric ID Cards and ultimately microchipping
This is a TV network serving up ancient propaganda and it is very distasteful
This is media propaganda as bad as about you can get
Dump this report forthwith. It means nothing beyond an attempt to capture your souls

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Who exactly are al-Qaeda? I have never seen, read or heard a convincing description of this group, nor known of any conclusive evidence that it even exists, yet we are led to believe it is large, coherent and a threat to our nations.

I suspect that any terrorist threats or attacks happen as a result of disparate cells that may or may not be aware of or share the same common cause as other terrorist cells.

It also seems strange that although there were police raids on several premises in Britain over the last 2 or 3 years, where suspects were arrested and reported evidence of explosives manufacturing and connections to other terrorist groups and propaganda etc was found, we have never seen or heard anything of these events since. If David Blunkett claims that there is evidence of terrorist threats to Britain then maybe some of that was gleaned from the people arrested and we as citizens of Britain, or indeed the rest of the world, have a right to know what was found out and what has happened to these suspected terrorists since.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Is this the same story I read about over a year ago?I remember it was bout a thwarted effort on hEthrow about a year after 9/11 and Canary Wharf or Center Point building a year later. If so why is it in the news againg now?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Take the time to read the news link please this is not the same news story it's a new one. The reporter said he first heard of this 3 days ago also Ive added a new link in the original thread.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Yep seems like the same story from aver a year ago, only now it is being used as part of TQS to validate Blunket's new laws.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I found another link to this British 9/11 story and thought I would add it here as well
My opinion on this has me thinking this is a ploy by the British Government to take more of the populations liberties from them, more big brother.

Reports: Brits Thwarted Their 9/11
LONDON, Nov. 22, 2004

Excerpt:
ITV News also said that British authorities had disrupted training programs for suicide pilots. A year and a half ago, Blair was accused of alarmism when British troops in armored vehicles surrounded Heathrow Airport. Blair's government insisted that the dramatic action came in response to specific intelligence. The ITV and Daily Mail reports came one day before Blair's government planned to outline its legislative program for the coming year, with crime and security likely to be the focus. Plans for a national identity card in Britain were expected to be announced. Home Secretary David Blunkett also has promised the government will introduce new measures to combat terrorism if it is re-elected next year, including special anti-terrorism courts without juries and use of phone tap evidence in trials.

CBS News: Brits Thwarted Their 9/11

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Have I mentioned how much most of you make me sick?

Just checking.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Have I mentioned how much most of you make me sick?

Just checking.

What the hell is the meaning of this? I've read a fair bit of your input to ATS Valhall, and 99% of it is really top class. So, what do you mean by this?

Merkin

top topics

<<   2 >>

join