It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima radiation levels underestimated by five times - TEPCO

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RickinVa

I could be wrong but it may be a slight language/culture gap.
I think he's talking about the employees who are putting themselves at great risk in efforts to resolve the problems.

edit on 2/11/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Phage

I could be wrong but it may be a slight language gap.
I think he's talking about the Tepco employees who are putting themselves at great risk in efforts to resolve the problems.

That could be true.... but I suspect his english and his understanding of english is a little better than he lets on.

But the whole 5million was expected and we expect to see even higher is something he has never said before,,,, he was all over me when I said it in another thread. Maybe he is finally starting to see the light that the situation is getting worse, not better.
edit on R012014-02-11T14:01:18-06:00k012Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Maybe he is finally starting to see the light that the situation is getting worse, not better.

Well actually, the situation hasn't gotten worse. On this point anyway, unless you are saying that contamination levels have increased since last July.

posted on Feb, 11 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Phage

Maybe he is finally starting to see the light that the situation is getting worse, not better.

Well actually, the situation hasn't gotten worse. On this point anyway, unless you are saying that contamination levels have increased since last July.

Actually, the correct thing would be to say that as more accurate radiation readings and information is starting to come out, the situation is worse than we were led to believe by Tepco.

I believe that is a fair statement.

edit on R492014-02-11T14:49:22-06:00k492Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R542014-02-11T14:54:38-06:00k542Vpm by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Lol,

i doubt that you ever read all my Postings,
also i think that you misunderstand me many Times,
which is a huge Problem caused by me!

5 Mio Bq a Liter in that Area, close to a Pipe filled
with highly radioactive Wastewater, is not a surprise
and 5 Mio Bq sounds high but it is not!

To get a better understanding in what Dimensions our Friends at Tepco
are working you must read the Weekly Water Reports.

The Water inside of the Storage Tanks is nearly 20 Times
as much contaminated than the 5 Mio. Bq from that Well Nr. 1-2!

posted on Feb, 16 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   
More sources as of late;
Revealed: TEPCO hid dangerous Fukushima radiation levels for months

TEPCO on Wednesday revealed that it detected 5 million becquerels per liter of radioactive Strontium-90 in a groundwater sample taken some 25 meters from the ocean as early as last September, Reuters reports. The legal limit for releasing strontium into the ocean is just 30 becquerels per liter.

Source2

Related, see: Tepco took months to release record strontium readings at Fukushima

TOKYO (Reuters) - The operator of Japan's wrecked Fukushima nuclear plant knew about record high measurements of a dangerous isotope in groundwater at the plant for five months before telling the country's nuclear watchdog, a regulatory official told Reuters.

Source2

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
And now they've begun dumping the nuclear water into the ocean... As the article states, can we trust TEPCO when they say it confers to legal safety limits?

Tokyo Electric Power Co. began dumping groundwater from the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant into the Pacific on Wednesday, in a bid to manage the huge amounts of radioactive water that have built up at the complex. The utility, which says the water discharged is within legal radiation safety limits, has been fighting a daily battle against contaminated water since Fukushima No. 1 was decimated by the earthquake and tsunami of March 2011. Tepco said 560 tons of groundwater captured and stored before it entered reactor building basements was to be released Wednesday, using a bypass system that funnels it toward the ocean after checking for radiation levels. Using the bypass, Tepco hopes to divert an average of 100 tons of untainted groundwater a day into the ocean.

TEPCA Dumps 560 tonnes of radioactive water into Pacific

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: twfau
And now they've begun dumping the nuclear water into the ocean... As the article states, can we trust TEPCO when they say it confers to legal safety limits?

Tokyo Electric Power Co. began dumping groundwater from the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant into the Pacific on Wednesday, in a bid to manage the huge amounts of radioactive water that have built up at the complex. The utility, which says the water discharged is within legal radiation safety limits, has been fighting a daily battle against contaminated water since Fukushima No. 1 was decimated by the earthquake and tsunami of March 2011. Tepco said 560 tons of groundwater captured and stored before it entered reactor building basements was to be released Wednesday, using a bypass system that funnels it toward the ocean after checking for radiation levels. Using the bypass, Tepco hopes to divert an average of 100 tons of untainted groundwater a day into the ocean.

TEPCA Dumps 560 tonnes of radioactive water into Pacific

one ton of water equals 240 gallons....multiply by 560 and you get 134,400 gallons... a typical home swimming pool has 22,500 gallons...so...approx. 6 swimming pools worth of water spilled into the ocean

posted on May, 24 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

And now the truth has came out.... 90% of the workers at Fukushima fled without order to protect their own safety.

Don't pretend that that the Japanese workers at the plant were hero's.... very very few were.... most of them high tailed it to the other plant without orders and left those at Fukushima to die a horrible death,,, or so they thought.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Thanks to phage once again for unknowingly proving a point that needed to be made.

Phage has quickly become complacent about Fukushima and dulled to the facts of reality.

Fukushima continues to leak more water everyday into the Pacific Ocean..... therefore anyone should be able to logically conclude that Fukushima gets worse every single day. Once you subconsciously accept the fact that radioactive water leaking into the Pacific Ocean is normal after 3 years, then you have blindly bought into Tepco and the Japanese governments lies that Fukushima is under control.

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: RickinVa

I can't help but agree. The "Status Quo" is what has now been taken to be normal and 'nothing to see here' is still three x's over what actually didn't happen with the "China Syndrome" in real life at 3 mile Island. Just the maybe and possibility was and still is enough to get people sleepless, sick with worry and outright terrified of being anywhere near a reactor in meltdown......as well they SHOULD be.

Yet, indeed, there in Fuku sit the living examples of our worst fears and still in a status being totally outside containment for the slag that used to be fuel cores. Hopefully nothing in the natural balance they've found to stop being so active is disturbed in the effort to get to them..wherever exactly "them" is now, anyway.
edit on 5/25/2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Here's some 'reminders' of what the Japan people/children have to deal with 24/7/365:

From December 2013

TEPCO has detected a record 1.9 million becquerels per liter of ray-emitting radioactive substances at Fukushima’s No. 2 reactor. Besides, the analysis of water samples from beneath the No. 4 reactor's well has shown radioactivity in deeper groundwater, raising new concerns of radioactive substances leakage into the ocean, NHK broadcasting company reports.

The previous record of 1.8 million becquerels of beta-ray sources per liter was registered at reactor No. 1 on December 13
Read more: voiceofrussia.com...
Garbage bags filled with dirt and debris collected from contaminated areas have been left by workers in a park near the apartments, and the children used them to climb on. According to research of the Mainichi newspaper, that radiation levels near the bags was 2.23 microsieverts per hour, and that is 10 times the legal limit. Waste has also been dumped close to schools. Read more: voiceofrussia.com...

voiceofrussia.com...

From August 2011
City resorts to secret dumping to deal with piles of radioactive dirt

The Fukushima city government has not made this place known to the public, even to residents living near the area. That's because it is the dumping site for huge amounts of radioactive sludge and dirt collected by city residents cleaning up and decontaminating their neighborhoods. "(If we did make the site public), garbage from other residents might come flooding in," a Fukushima city official said, emphasizing that the disposal site is only "temporary."

CNN: Fukushima fallout ‘grossly underestimated’ says new Japan study — “Radioactive poison… contaminating the North Pacific Ocean” — Tepco: ‘Impossible’ to know how much really got out (VIDEO) (from May 22, 2014)

The true scope of the contamination is a subject of debate, with a research team from Fukushima University recently releasing a study that claims [TEPCO] grossly underestimated the amount of radioactive poison cesium-137 released into the environment. Exposure can heighten the risk of cancer. [...] TEPCO acknowledges it’s impossible to know for sure how much cesium was released [...] Researchers told me they don’t believe the risk extends far beyond Japan and the North Pacific Ocean, even though small traces of radioactive ocean water have been detected as far away as Canada

His research team says cesium spewed into the air during the meltdown and later fell into the water contaminating the North Pacific Ocean and the Japanese mainland. Tepco says the company’s radiation estimates come from the best information they have, but a spokesperson admits nobody really knows for sure.

enenews.com... fic-ocean-tepco-admits-its-impossible-to-know

and it goes on... and on.. and on... there are thousands upon thousands of bags of contaminated soil laying everywhere - radioactive water spews 24/7/365 - groundwater is contaminated. Anyone who thinks Fukushima is 'normal' and no big deal with untold long term repercussions is not looking at the whole picture and buying into the propaganda.
edit on 25-5-2014 by wishes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
CNN: Fukushima fallout ‘grossly underestimated’ says new Japan study — “Radioactive poison… contaminating the North Pacific Ocean” — Tepco: ‘Impossible’ to know how much really got out (VIDEO)

The true scope of the contamination is a subject of debate, with a research team from Fukushima University recently releasing a study that claims [TEPCO] grossly underestimated the amount of radioactive poison cesium-137 released into the environment. Exposure can heighten the risk of cancer. [...] TEPCO acknowledges it’s impossible to know for sure how much cesium was released [...] Researchers told me they don’t believe the risk extends far beyond Japan and the North Pacific Ocean, even though small traces of radioactive ocean water have been detected as far away as Canada.

enenews.com... fic-ocean-tepco-admits-its-impossible-to-know

No s*%t Sherlock.... I guess we should be grateful at least 'some' people are saying 'some' things about it...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join