It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E.U. Orders Euthanising OF Healthy Giraffe

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Filthy, callous, bureaucratic, rubber stamping, goose stepping, moronic bastards. Disband this expensive, dangerous, heartless shower of sh t now, and have these overpaid wasters whipped naked through the streets, publicly executed, and displayed on a gibbet. Maybe this should have been put in the rant forum but I have had it with these E.U. monkeys and their dictatorship of lunacy. It costs us a fortune and causes nothing but misery.
The thread title pretty much says it all but a Denmark zoo was ordered to kill a perfectly healthy giraffe by the Commissars in Brussels/Strasbourg whichever this money pit of idiocy is currently p ssing the collective wealth of nations away. As you can likely discern this has really got to me and I am sorry if my language offends anyone. If you have any heart within in you visiting the link will probably make you as angry as it has made me.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Star from me...I'm beyond disgusted with this, and their attempts to play god with a completely innocent creature. If the gene pool is so limited in Europe as they claim, then send the poor beastie somewhere else, for god's sake. Longleat in England should be in the firing line too for euthanasing a whole pride of lions last week. Unbelieveably arrogant, short sighted and and callous. These people should NOT be making decisions beyond what kind of coffee to have in the morning.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

"Say what?

Hopefully with the publicity this will be reversed or stopped, or the giraffe can be smuggled out of the country disguised as a okapi. More common sense is needed in humans policies towards all animals, starting with the dinner-plate.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I am sorry to tell you that it is too late for that. Utter Scum T&Cs prevent me from adequately expressing my disgust.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I think Victoria Nuland's recent quote eloquently speaks for me on this.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Well, there are two sides to this. I see what they are saying. When you have a limited amount of available spaces, they do have to maintain a genetically diverse population. That makes sense.

Ok, that being said.

There are plenty of places in the US and other countries that are trying to recreate the Savannah park experience and have decently large acreage for African animals to roam. You can't tell me they couldn't have gelded ole Marius and sent him to one of those places. Those animals are well cared for.

OK, that being said.

Let me screw on my tinfoil hat. When it comes to human population control, how are the unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats at the top going to start treating us?

If this is the kind of compassion I can expect ... you can count me out of any NWO.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
And then they turned it into a circus and invited people (children too) to watch while they cut the remains apart and fed some of it to lions.

There is no reason this should have happened. Multiple zoos offered to take him, but he apparently wasn't genetically important enough.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Marius as he was called, had a great life, every day he had fresh meals, people to take care of him and a doctor to make sure he was healthy.

The best and cheapest solution to this was to put him down painlessly and feed him to the lions as lions need food to,Some children got well educated to, they suffered no harm by watching, it's just what it is.

Turning him over to another Zoo isn't easy, it's expensive and dangerous to the animal, you don't just put them on the first flight to the nearest Zoo.

Remember everytime you eat your bacon burger at least two animals were put down.

In the meantime somewhere on the African savannah, thousands of animals every day, live in fear of getting eaten alive.

Now Rest In Peace Marius, you will propably not be remembered for long.
edit on 9-2-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I cannot understand why they euthanised this poor animal. I understand their point on genetics, so why not neuter the poor thing so it was not able to breed instead of killing him.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Disgusting

The Zoo owner should be put down with a bolt gun and fed to lions as I deem him genticaly "inferior".
edit on 9-2-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

flammadraco
I cannot understand why they euthanised this poor animal. I understand their point on genetics, so why not neuter the poor thing so it was not able to breed instead of killing him.

Exactly neuter him and sell him on to a new zoo.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

The disposal of the carcass is a separate and secondary issue to me. I brought this subject to the site because I thought it deserved the attention, you may not agree. My frustration is at the way modern bureaucracy leads to these seemingly insane decisions, and the remark made by the poster who suggested this could be seen as indicator of the callousness we might expect in the future, could be enough to give one pause.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

You have covered it all, I can not think of a thing to say that you have not so eloquently said already, bravo !!

Animals are my only connection to reality and civility so I will pass on the link.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Making a conspiracy out of it, is kind of a long streach don't you think

I think you will get over it

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

Animals are moved all the time. There were other options, but because it isn't easy we should go straight to euthanasia?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I missed that part where the E.U. ordered this, could you point it to me, please?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

Thank you for your participation and your compliment. I hope this thread can go some way towards preventing more of this happening on the orders of a faceless, costly, and callous oligarchy.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Yes, they are and it's nice that such a thing can happen to an animal, but in this case it didn't.

But look at it from the bright side, another animal was saved from being slaughtered and feed to the Lions

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

www.independent.co.uk...

The zoo had said on its website that it had no choice but to put Marius down. Under European Association of Zoos and Aquaria (EAZA) rules, inbreeding between giraffes is to be avoided.

Presumably because of that.

And this

www.itv.com...

Stenbaek Bro says the zoo was recommended to put down the giraffe by the European Association of Zoos and Aquaria because there were already a lot of giraffes with similar genes in the organization's breeding program.

Oh, and this.

news.sky.com...

The zoo said it had no choice but to kill the animal, who is thought to be aged around two. Under European Association of Zoos and Aquaria (Eaza) rules, inbreeding of giraffes should be avoided.

Oh and this.

www.washingtonpost.com... l

Stenbaek Bro said the zoo, which now has seven giraffes left, was recommended to put down Marius by the European Association of Zoos and Aquaria because there already were a lot of giraffes with similar genes in the organization’s breeding program.

The Amsterdam-based EAZA has 347 members, including many large zoos in European capitals, and works to conserve global biodiversity and achieve the highest standards of care and breeding for animals.

edit on k101802bamSun, 09 Feb 2014 10:18:16 -0600 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The zoo said it has no choice and has to destroy the animal due to EU rules on inbreeding. It also said the young giraffe, Marius, could be a danger to other bulls.

www.itv.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join