It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've recently found out I'm a direct descendent of French Nobility

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Hello ATSers,

I've recently done some research through genealogical platforms and have come to find out I am a direct descendent of French nobility, specifically a long line of counts, barons and viscounts. I can trace my ancestry back to the 1500s. And though there is a connection possibly with being one of the oldest noble lines in French nobility as the name of my ancestors and the House is the same though the records are lost before 1500, but there is a wikipedia article about this House. This is my father's side of the family I am talking about. What are some common conspiracies associated with French nobility and blue bloods of Europe?

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by LightofLiberty

Dear Sir or Madam,
May I fight by your side if you decide to expand your territory, and, if we win, can I have a piece of land adequate to house my family, goods, and livestock. I thank thee in advance, and am ready to take up arms (I've got two of them) in your cause.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Rex Deus? If not look them up, or the mysteries of Montsegur, or the Cathars, or King Philip's hatred and destruction of the Templars, it really depends what family you mean and what area of france at what time, are we talking about Southern France? The Languedoc? In which case there have been so many 'occult' or 'heretic' goings on since the 12th century that yes, you're family may have been involved at some point, northern france and paris etc wasn't a hot bed for occult activity til 1900-1920's, not to the same extent anyway, but the south has always been interesting… . If you want to know anymore from me on any of these things Id be happy to share, if you want to know more specifically you can ask me here or pm me or whatever if you dont want to discussyour family namw to publicly, hope this helps.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Stay away from guillotines and don't say anything to anyone about eating cake! You should be just fine.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Desendent of charles ll here. Though to be fair alot of brits are as he banged everything that moved,

Also related to the chanceller who cut the war budget dureing the american revolution....so you can blame my family for the USA

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

I have just found this symbol/placard Sir (or Madam). May I inquire if it will affect our task of surmounting the lands of those we wish to conquer? Do the rabble intend to uphold these beliefs in perpetua, or can we undermine their dastardly chanting and singing and carrying on? Land, my lord (or lady), land is what we seek, and to make the other gentry quake in their boots and hand over their treasures and wenches to us, the victors, the proud victorious, the ones who will again raise the cry of the barons over land, women, and song!

But seriously, your lineage is pretty cool. And something to be proud of.
edit on 9-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Fur elise means 'flower of the lily'.

That's all I got.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

crawley
How come no one is ever related to a # scooper or ditch digger?

Probably am. But not really intresting to talk about.

Thing is you trace back far enough everyone is likely to find someone intresting,

I also have the painter john constable in my family and a SS colonel my family wont talk about.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by crawley

Everyone ignores those members of the family when drawing up the family tree and sticks them in 8 point text while someone slightly famous get 20 point text and a fancy text box so everyone can feel a bit more superior

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   

What are some common conspiracies associated with French nobility and blue bloods of Europe?

Congratulations! You have qualified to become a member of the Priory of Sion. If you are not interested in restoring a direct descendant of Jesus Christ to the French throne, you may wish to contact our friends in Britain, who support the descendants of James Stuart. (Both the Priory and the Jacobites are actual ongoing conspiracies.)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Good for you!

A couple of years ago I tried ancestry.com's free two weeks trial to help me determine how much Native American I had from my mother's side.

Well it turned out that the relative in question was not from the Blackfoot tribe, but a white woman from New Jersey. However, I started to get into the family tree and have been researching it and adding to it ever since. Even though ancestry.com wants a paid service after two weeks, you can do independent research and continue to add to the tree you made there.

It surprised me to learn that my mother's side goes back to the founding of Jamestown and my father's back to the Mayflower. Also, I never realized how much Scottish/Irish blood my mother's side has. The Maclean clan, goes back to the Isle of Man and even further back. I got back to the Viking berserker Ivar "The Boneless" Ragnarsson King of Dublin & Northumberland who died about 873AD, before I started giving up because of all the Viking names. Plus the further back you go, the sketcher the information gets. Also, when you get to some countries, the language barrier is a stopper. My great grandparents (father's mother's parents) are Czech and although I have some information before they came to the states, I haven't gotten any further back with them. There is a dead end on the family surname in Germany, although I'm sure someone in the family knows more about them in the old country.

Anyway I think its great that you decided to find out about your pedigree and ancestors.

edit on 9-2-2014 by MichiganSwampBuck because: for clarity

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

crawley
How come no one is ever related to a # scooper or ditch digger?

Raises hand.

I'm also descendant from Native Americans*

*I'm the only American I know who has Native blood that Wasn't from an 'Indian Princess*

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

nugget1
Fur elise means 'flower of the lily'.

That's all I got.

Für Elise is German and means "For Elise"
What you mean is "Fleur-de-lis"

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

LightofLiberty
Hello ATSers,

I've recently done some research through genealogical platforms and have come to find out I am a direct descendent of French nobility, specifically a long line of counts, barons and viscounts. I can trace my ancestry back to the 1500s. And though there is a connection possibly with being one of the oldest noble lines in French nobility as the name of my ancestors and the House is the same though the records are lost before 1500, but there is a wikipedia article about this House. This is my father's side of the family I am talking about. What are some common conspiracies associated with French nobility and blue bloods of Europe?

Just take care someone decides to guillotine you!

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Eh, Russian minor nobility back in my line... and it gets me exactly nada, nor should it.

Just because an ancestor sucked up or was a bigger bully than most isn't a reason to celebrate... but it IS interesting in a "where did my dna come from" way.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

Aye, Russian nobility here too. Must be something in the water (and by water, I mean vodka).

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Exciting news for you, many names can be looked up and to discover the CT roots and bloodlines. Your family happened to escape with their heads most probably to the Americas. Keep looking, keep digging.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hey now, you know my ancestry, or partial, so that comment although true and funny is not my story!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by Baddogma

Aye, Russian nobility here too. Must be something in the water (and by water, I mean vodka).

да да да!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join