It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police SWAT team home over stolen credit card, tear down security cameras.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Come on only the banks are allowed to print money...anyone who tries to create their own "theft" fiat money will be severly dealt with. Corporate Fascism at its finest

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Merces
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

In regards to the camera it could be safe to assume that they were disabled for the officers protection.. i know the first thing i'd do if i was entering a property with CCTV would be to disable any cameras i saw fit to avoid giving away my position - there's no way of telling where the video feed runs to.

There were 6 other suspects linked to the stolen card, some known to own guns and oftenly get high on methamphetamine, which is quite an unpredictable drug where the safety of the public is concerned - maybe an organised, co-ordinated SWAT raid wasn't so bad at all.

As for them going straight in there and knocking the door down - you know how much the media like to portray things in certain light (especially a source like RussiaToday who aren;t so favourable of the West), in the full CCTV feed knocks were given and ignored, followed by commotion in the house. Now if i was raiding a property where the suspects are potentially armed and watching my every move i'm going to start sweating and getting nervous the longer i have to wait for that front door to open.

No way am i pro-militarization of the police forces over in the states, but i see little wrong doing here? Heck at least they didn't shoot the dog.

(This is my first post by the way! I'll make an introductory thread as soon as i can!)
edit on 9-2-2014 by Merces because: spelling

edit on 9-2-2014 by Merces because: spelling

I'd would buy into disabling the cameras for their own protection if the police did it BEFORE entering the premises. It wasnt until after they were already in that they started pulling wires on the outdoor came and covering the indoor cameras. It comes of as shady to me and not above board policing. I can't really comment on other aspects such as whether or not they knocked first despite the impression given by the video because I haven't seen the unedited version. But covering indoor cameras after the fact looks shady and is a great cover for planting evidence since they didnt find what the warrant was looking for. Not saying that's what happened but how they acted had nothing to do with their safety. These guys are supposed to be the best to get in with SWAT and these fools didnt run a good OP. they did no surveillance ahead of time or they wod have known of at least the external cams. All in all more a byproduct of awful police work than indicative of anything sinister. Just my opinion.

<< 1   >>

join