It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

rules for leaving earth?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I was reading a thread just now and someone mentioned getting hold of an adequate means of leaving earth and spreading out into the universe, it got me thinking about this and what it would take to actually achieve this. So my question to all you lovely people today for arguments sake is.......if you built a ship capable of leaving earth and protected you on your journey through space, what rules are there with the concerns of say nasa, the government, and people that 'control' the skies?

Would they let you leave? Would they shoot you down if you had no means to respond to there 'who goes there?' I'm sure most people have dreamed of building there own rocket ship and shooting off into space, but first of all would they let you leave??????

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   
No they would not let you leave. They would tell you it was for your own good and they must prevent you from leaving because of possible terrorism. Daddy government has to keep you safe after all.

And while I was being somewhat sarcastic.... I really don't think they would let folks leave willynilly. I am sure the reasons would be endless. I am also willing to bet that if you ever wanted to come back... that would be prevented and enforced much more.

I think it would be awesome to be able to go up like the astronauts, but I would be far to scared to do it if I actually had the chance to.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Lompyt

The only thing I could think of as being a legitimate concern is that it would be a theft of the inhabitants of earth's resources.

-unless you could go mine the universe while you're out there and bring back what you plan on leaving with, which should be allowed. If not, we will come after you!

Think if everyone wanted to leave with stuff... too much would kill the planet, if things weren't brought back in kind.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Guessing if you had enough financial power and influence then you could bend any oppositional rules. In general there would control concerns such as security an somewhat genuine concern for the well being of the ship's inhabitants, that may fuel restrictions to go forth if TPTB doesn't want people to have will to leave here.

So far such as the company discussed below, looks like the plans are not being inhibited.

Virgin Galatic's

Richard Branson and his children are due to fly in his company's spaceship on its first commercial flight currently slated for 2014.

continued...

"If we can make significant progress on the challenge of reusable space access then I think that opens up all kinds of opportunities in the future," he said.

Tourist trips to the Moon by 2043?

Another source shows it's a NASA administrator working with space tourism. No surprise they'd have first dibs and the best treatment for plans.

On the heels of SpaceX's vision of a human colony on Mars, here's another idea for people who think of outer space the way the rest of us think of Hawaii: a space-tourism startup is selling trips to the moon at $750 million each.

The company, known as Golden Spike, actually has good pedigree: former NASA science administrator Alan Stern is working on the business.
Space Tourism Company...

edit on 9-2-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

So we're doomed to stay on this planet just because I built a space ship using resources from this planet? What about all those probes that left the earth orbit? Should I file a lawsuit against nasa for theft...

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Lompyt

Once you get away from the "They", and "Them" and all the make believe boogeymen that people who have an over-fondness for believing in, for whatever reason, once you're off the range and out of reach, it doesn't matter what's on paper.

If you're not personally a signatory of any space treaty and you've self disavowed affiliation or recognition of any nation state and it's laws in claiming yourself sovereign independent accountable to your own self, then there's nothing and no one around to prevent you from taking a big poop, leaving it in orbit, giving the big blue gravity prison the finger and going wherever you want without restriction.

Granted, one needs the means to get out and away from all those "Them" and "They".

Foreseeable technologies what they are, the cheapest, safest, most efficient, means by which to achieve freedom off this rock would be to get rid of your biological body in trade for a completely synthetic body.
If you don't have to breathe, or eat, drink or worry about how hot or cold it is, and you have a synthetic body that can self repair, maintain, and sustain off of the freely available resources in open space, and that body is effectively immortal, then, that cuts down on the cost of any transport that would take you anywhere you wanted.

You could aim yourself at a destination hit autopilot, then go to sleep into an interactive virtual reality for 100,000 years or however long it takes to get to the destination and once there, it's like you just woke up from a few hours nap time.

Ah, but first, you need to get off the planet Earth, right?
Well, don't believe all the naysayers.
They'll take it on faith that ghosts and aliens are sneaking into their bedrooms to play around with their booty holes, but, when it comes to realities like private space based enterprises, or anything actually pretty damned magically cool, well, that suddenly becomes the province of more mythology with phantom organizations like the ever spooky "TPTB" lurking everywhere to prevent you from ever dreaming real achievable dreams.

No, don't believe the naysayers.
There's a number of private enterprises poised for space exploration and exploitation, and even simple entertainment space tourism.

The Golden Spike Company, for one is bent on exploring and mining the moon which is dripping with resources, not least of which is Helium 3, but, also Uranium, and near anything else you can extract through mining here on Earth.
In fact, do some reading on Popogai Crater in Russia and how Impact Diamonds are formed.
Now, look at the moon. How many craters do you see?

As private interests and companies start exploiting the boundless wealth up for grabs out on the flatter gravity plane, more and more companies will launch, quite literally, and it'll become not only cheaper, but easier to get off this rock.

It's all just around the corner.

Once you get away from all the "Thems" and "Theys", and set off into space on your own heading, you make your own rules.
Take some friends with you though, because, the Universe is quite vastly enormous and the last human you see when you leave this little solar system could very well be the last human you see ... ever again.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

I like Richard Branson he came from nothing to a multi billion £ company, he certainly has his sights set on greatness. But what about those backyard inventors, the ones that claim to have built unknown tech that would enable someone to build a space craft with no need for common fuel sources. I know it's a stretch of the imagination but just for arguments sake if someone did build one in there back yard, could they just take off and exit the planet without being stopped by the planetary bouncer??? I suppose you would need to be careful of all that space junk and satellites in orbit, better get galactic insurance for my pimp't up spaceship.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   
It's still early so I'm going to fix the exhaust on my van, I'll come back in a couple of hours and see this is progressing. Thanks for the replies so far peeps. Much to think about.........

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Lompyt

It is the only ethical / unethical supposition, that I could see, that would be worthy to your question.

I am not saying that you should not be allowed to go -- I am just saying that you should return the equivalent matter that you plan to leave with.

Leave and go mine from another source the stuff that you initially left with, then bring that mined property back to Earth, and then leave for good (or come back any time you want, as you're always welcome, I would hope).

Don't you think it would be a reasonable request to ask that you brought back what you plan to leave with?

Do you think it should be okay for anyone to just take all the air, or water, or anything, off the planet, without repaying the debt they have taken?

What if all the richest people in the world decided that they wanted to bottle all the world's water? Is that okay that they should have sole property rights to it?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Lompyt

Just to send one of those weather ballons with a camera attached you have to file with the FAA with what you are sending up. If you lied about what it was, or just didnt file, I'm sure the military jets would put an end to your flight pretty quick.
edit on 9-2-2014 by captb13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Lompyt
I was reading a thread just now and someone mentioned getting hold of an adequate means of leaving earth and spreading out into the universe, it got me thinking about this and what it would take to actually achieve this. So my question to all you lovely people today for arguments sake is.......if you built a ship capable of leaving earth and protected you on your journey through space, what rules are there with the concerns of say nasa, the government, and people that 'control' the skies?

Would they let you leave? Would they shoot you down if you had no means to respond to there 'who goes there?' I'm sure most people have dreamed of building there own rocket ship and shooting off into space, but first of all would they let you leave??????

No, they wouldn't let you leave as it would destroy the ground state of the ratio of stupidity to intelligence. "No intelligent person(s) may leave the planet unless accompanied by an inversely equivalent idiot as that would create a higher ratio of stupid people to intelligent people, thereby creating imbalance in the bell curve which violates the 9th law of thermodynamics."

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

Thats a fair point my friend, i guess it would be better to return what was taken. But as we have seen from everyone so far, getting off the ground in the first place is gunna be tricky.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

What makes you think im inteligent, guess i would have to take someone smart.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by captb13

Sorry for my ignnorance, whats the faa? And who says they control what goes up and leaves earth. Thanks for the replys so far.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Yes you could leave...if they try to radio you just pretend you are a ufo...then they will definitely not ever talk about it again.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I agree with the possibility that they would not let you leave whenever you wanted, even if you had anywhere to go out there. Reasons for restricting are endless and only limited by someones imagination (just like now)

Personally i hope that humanity kills themselves off way before that happens, we have done so "great" job on this planet, why would any other nice place/beings need to suffer.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Lompyt

Our Mission
Our continuing mission is to provide the safest, most efficient aerospace system in the world.

www.faa.gov

They are the gov agency that says what and who can fly, and when and where it can fly. My kid wants to send up a weather ballon for a class project, we kept getting denied because of ourclose location to an airport, so we have to change our plans to go further west in Texas to avoid flight paths of commercial and private flights.
edit on 9-2-2014 by captb13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by captb13

I can understand safety rules for things like balloons, these you cannot control up in the air. But if i built a scapeship and just took off into space, i would be controling it so it would be alot safer . Any way i would just take straight off into space and goodbye earth , next stop moon ..... Then mars and so forth.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Lompyt

If you were going up in a rocket, Im sure some gov agency would think missle and try to stop it.
If it wasnt attached to a rocket, maybe something like a shuttlecraft from Star Trek, Im sure you would have a chance. I would make sure to do it in a populated area so people would post pics of my UFO here!

join