It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Completely Mutes the Mass Unemployment, Anti Corruption Protests in Bosnia.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Xcathdra
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Out of curiosity why is it a problem / issue for not reporting on it?

If you just watched the Bosnian news channels or Serbian ones you wouldn't even asked this question. There are just so many scenes from the protests that would have made people believe is this Bosnia or Middle east?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Exitt
Anyway, i think this hit too close to home, it's happening in the middle of Europe and TPTB can't afford to tell the world about it.

Firstly, Bosnia is not in the middle of Europe. It is a small country which is suffering from local economic problems. The “powers that be”, whoever they are, could not give a gnat’s testicle for local problems as long as they are mostly harmless. On the other hand, Ukraine is wracked by political problems of a different dimension and that is where media is rightly concentrated.

Regards

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It's mentioned as tiny blurbs here and there in US News, days later. I don't know if it's because Bosnians aren't scary muslim people or if it's because many people here are in awe of Iceland which it looks like Bosnia wants to follow in their footsteps. At any rate, twitter, reddit and facebook are far more effective means of getting world news these days, just check for multiple sources and livestreams.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Firstly, Bosnia is 2 feet away from the middle and shares a border with EU member. They also share the Dayton agreement (google it) regional legislations and numerous laws.
A city very close to that border, called Mostar is the place where ethnic issues are raising their ugly heads right as we speak.

Secondly, international/EU committee already scheduled a meeting on tuesday 11 feb. to talk about the need for a greater number of Austrian soldiers who are already in Bosnia and also possible need for UN peace troops.

Thirdly, i believe it is you who doesn't know and/or care about what's happening there because TPTB are certainly working overtime these past days in the Balkans.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Exitt
Firstly, Bosnia is 2 feet away from the middle and shares a border with EU member.

Er, no. Bosnia does not border any EU nation. Also, Bosnia is not "2 feet away from the middle": If you take Tállya in Hungary as the "middle" of the EU / Europe as is oft said, then Bosnia is about 1.7 million feet away. However, in reality I think the centre of the EU would be a bit further East, but you get my drift.

The Balkans is an area of international interest due to the problematic past, of that I have no doubt. However, whether some violent unrest in Bosnia due to local economic problems has greater legitimacy for media attention than say Ukraine or Syria is pretty debatable.

Oh, and I care.

Regards

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

paraphi

Er, no. Bosnia does not border any EU nation.

Well then, if you really care please google and learn.
Stop wasting my time cuz i'm not in the mood to talk borders, feet and stuff.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

paraphi

Are you sure?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter

Xcathdra

If you just watched the Bosnian news channels or Serbian ones you wouldn't even asked this question. There are just so many scenes from the protests that would have made people believe is this Bosnia or Middle east?

When your own house is on fire, it burns brighter than all the other burning houses in the village. I'm sorry your country is in a mess, but rioting is not going to help; it will only make things easier for the Fascists again.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter

Xcathdra

ok...

I just think its unusual to continually accuse CNN of having ulterior motives. Your position towards CNN seems to be at a personal level, as in if they don't report on something / report on something you don't like, you take exception to it.

So there are protests in Bosnia... They are having massive issues in Ukraine, South Sudan, Chechnya / Dagestan with regards to the Sochi Olympics, drought conditions in California, a bloody drug war in Mexico, N. Korea gearing up for a ballistic missile test, Iranian navy units near US Maritime borders....

I can continue but you get the idea...

CNN is a private company and can report on or ignore whatever stories they wish.

Even more so since CNN is currently undergoing a massive structure change and reorientation of its cable channels (CNN / HLN). The new CEO is in the process of trying to restore CNN to its once top spot in 24 hour cable news. Anderson Cooper just had his program yanked from prime time...

If CNN doesn't report on something, you take exception and accuse them of ulterior motives.
If CNN does report on something you accuse them of putting their noses where it does not belong / fabricating stories.

Again, why is it such an issue for you if CNN doesn't report about what's going on in Bosnia?
Secondly why CNN? there are a lot of other major news sources not reporting on Bosnia, yet I don't see the same claims made against them that you make against CNN.

Any particular reason you are fixated on just CNN?
edit on 10-2-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   

ArMaP

paraphi

Are you sure?

ArMaP the Balkans does border EU. In fact why you think the EU officials wanted Yugoslavia gone? they feared competition in the markets.

Yugoslavia wasn't a real communist state to begin with. It was Yugoslavia communist system and quite different from Russia's or Koreas.

So please dont compare them.
edit on 10-2-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter
ArMaP the Balkans does border EU. In fact why you think the EU officials wanted Yugoslavia gone? they feared competition in the markets.

I see you didn't answer my question.

So please dont compare them.

I'm not comparing anything, read what I wrote and do not avoid my question, please.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to

So there are protests in Bosnia... They are having massive issues in Ukraine, South Sudan, Chechnya / Dagestan with regards to the Sochi Olympics, drought conditions in California, a bloody drug war in Mexico, N. Korea gearing up for a ballistic missile test, Iranian navy units near US Maritime borders....
2#pid17529529" target="_blank" class="postlink">post by Xcathdra

Again i have to disagree with you here.
In Ukraine Pro EU protests are Organized from the outside. As for Chechnya/Dagestan Islamists want to take over.

Iranian navy units near US Maritime borders.

LOL please dont start that one with me thanks for the laugh though.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I already stated that the Balkans border EU nations. Didn't i ?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   

You didn't answer my question... Why CNN?

As for the examples I gave, I am not sure why you are just dismissing them. The point was to demonstrate that there is a lot going on in the world today and unfortunately the protests you are talking about in Bosnia aren't making consistent top headline news (however contrary to your claim it is being covered, including by CNN). That is due to the fact that there are other stories making headlines around the globe and media has only so much print room / time in the day to report. Because of that some issues are not going to be covered.

By the way what you just did proved my point. If its something you don't particularly care about, you dismiss it out of hand, as you just did with several items in my list.

Why CNN?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter

You did, but the Balkans is not Bosnia and what you said was "Bosnia does not border any EU nation", so I was expecting you to correct that sentence by telling which EU country has borders with Bosnia.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Bosnia & Herzegowina is on the Balkan peninsula, and has border with Croatia, newly appointed member of the EU.
0.02c

edit on 10-2-2014 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

zilebeliveunknown
reply to post by ArMaP

Bosnia & Herzegowina is on the Balkan peninsula, and has border with Croatia, newly appointed member of the EU.
0.02c

edit on 10-2-2014 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

Ding! And we have a winner!

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

ArMaP

Agent_USA_Supporter

You did, but the Balkans is not Bosnia and what you said was "Bosnia does not border any EU nation", so I was expecting you to correct that sentence by telling which EU country has borders with Bosnia.

Guys, you are both mistaken about the identity of the original poster who said that about Bosnia

Doesn't matter really. Later today i will write more about the background of these protests which are continuing today. I hope that AgentUSA (my only & biggest foe on ATS) can write something as well because we always agree on MSM propaganda (or in this case the lack thereof).

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

Because people in the know will tell you that Bosnia is on fire, literally.

this is true.

This is not an ordinary protest.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
and indeed...Bosnia borders with EU through Croatia, a new member since 2013.

Agent USA speaks some truth about Yugoslavia communism. Obviously he's done some research.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join