It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Completely Mutes the Mass Unemployment, Anti Corruption Protests in Bosnia.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
While the majority of the western mainstream news outlets are only now reporting the post protest clean up, CNN is the only MSM news outlet that has completely muted the Mass Protests in Bosnia.

Don't believe my thread?

CNN Europe
Usually its always under CNN Europe unfortunately there is nothing there nor on CNN's main CNN site. Why has CNN completely muted the Protests in Bosnia?

They dont want you to know whats actually happening in the Balkans other then the usual pro EU protests in Ukraine.

But these protests in Bosnia are far from over.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I also should have mentioned that the Canadian news broadcast CBC has also muted the protests, but honestly is this even a surprise?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter
While the majority of the western mainstream news outlets are only now reporting the post protest clean up, CNN is the only MSM news outlet that has completely muted the Mass Protests in Bosnia.

Don't believe my thread?

CNN Europe
Usually its always under CNN Europe unfortunately there is nothing there nor on CNN's main CNN site. Why has CNN completely muted the Protests in Bosnia?

They dont want you to know whats actually happening in the Balkans other then the usual pro EU protests in Ukraine.

But these protests in Bosnia are far from over.
Explain this? (From 07Feb14)
CNN

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

Explain this? (From 07Feb14)

Thats simple thats just one minute news slide and then completely forgotten If CNN wanted and was an Fair news outlet and the most trusted news outlet.

They would have made at least several news articles on their main website like they have done with Syria as far as i can count there are atleast 1,000+ articles on Syria and Pro Rebels articles.

CNN's Max Foster has low ratings so why even bother on bringing it up on his show? so again like i stated in my thread why isn't there any coverage on CNN's Europe section or on CNN.com for that matter?

edit on 9-2-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:15 AM
link   
The media had no problem in covering the protests in Libya, except those protests did not happen in Libya. It does appear like political protests is being covered more by the rules of war these days.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
NBC is sharing it but doesn't seem like MSNBC is-are they ever unless agenda? In general, you'd have to spot it, as it does seem not expressed overall by the MSM. I do have relatives there, but not that I'd be in immediate contact of but other family is. I'm sure others may too with that having concern if they cannot be contacted.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

I do have relatives there

My freind these protests are just the start of them. And have you notice in one of protests people were holding portraits of Tito? well that says a lot and just how times were better when Yugoslavia existed.

Sure wasn't prefect but at least it was functional.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
there just to buizzy with the gay weapon in Russia....

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
It's not getting much play because the EU doesn't want it to get much play.

If Yugoslavia would have remained intact as a country, they would have rivaled if not surpassed Germany in resources alone. The conspiracy side of me says that Yugoslavia was intentionally broken up prior to the EU being formed for this very reason.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

TDawgRex

Then why are European news reporting it?

If Yugoslavia would have remained intact as a country, they would have rivaled if not surpassed Germany in resources alone. The conspiracy side of me says that Yugoslavia was intentionally broken up prior to the EU being formed for this very reason.

The EU was formed in the 1960s as European Community. It changed its name to European Union in the 1990s but it's the same organisation as before.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I'm thinking along the lines of currency. The Euro. Which wasn't introduced until 1999.

But I do rather find it odd that Bosnia has pretty much been forgotten/ignored by the MSM here in the US.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

TDawgRex
I'm thinking along the lines of currency. The Euro. Which wasn't introduced until 1999.

That makes sense.

But I do rather find it odd that Bosnia has pretty much been forgotten/ignored by the MSM here in the US.

I agree, a search on CNN Europe shows only that video posted by Guyfriday.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
On the basis that (as demonstrated above) CNN are reporting about the fact that "Citzens are fed up" in Bosnia, this thread is pointless.

I am sure that if the unrest continues it will gain more prominence. At the moment, it's just a bit of unrest marked by destruction and violence.

Regards
edit on 9/2/2014 by paraphi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Perhaps it's simply a matter of priorities. News services only have so many resources, and broadcast media only have a limited amount of time to present stories. This is one reason why you should not rely on television for your information. Ukraine has a population of nearly 45 million, an economy worth 333,000 billion dollars and exports agricultural and industrial products, including spacecraft. The protests there take place against a backdrop of political corruption. It is possible that these protests could determine the future of this powerful state, aligning it with Russia or the EU, creating a powerful bloc, one way or the other. Bosnia-Herzegovina has a population comparable in size to the city of Chicago. Its economy is worth less than 33,000 billion dollars. Although the Communists built up the country's industrial base, recently its principle export seems to be Bosniaks. The protests there resulted from sheer frustration with rampant poverty. The government is a complex tripartite compromise to appease the country's ethnic groups. The protests are unlikely to change the form of government, barring another civil war. If a civil war should break out again, I assure you that the atrocities all sides are likely to commit will get more coverage than anything happening in Ukraine.

In short, it is not surprising that the events in Bosnia are not being covered by television news in general. They are receiving appropriate coverage in the printed press, however. You might consider reading newspapers if you wish to keep abreast of international affairs.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The World is on fire and the Main stream Media are running scared.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

TDawgRex

That is a tempting theory, but the fact of the matter is that the Balkans were only ever politically united by totalitarianism; first, by Austria-Hungary, then by Tito's brand of Communism. Yugoslavia's implosion was the result of misplaced nationalism. Who cares whether someone speaks Serbian or Croatian? Who cares whether someone is Eastern Orthodox, Protestant, Muslim or Jewish? If only people in that region could shake off those silly labels, perhaps Yugoslavia could re-unite and become rich and important again. The unrest in Bosnia demonstrates why that is unlikely to happen.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Out of curiosity why is it a problem / issue for not reporting on it?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Xcathdra

Because people in the know will tell you that Bosnia is on fire, literally.
Since last Thursday people are rioting in 4 largest cities and they've already burnt down 9 government buildings. Schools, shops and universities are closed.
Situation is much more 'serious' than in Ukraine or (gay issues) in Russia yet there is no news about it in the MSM.

Today (and yesterday) nationalists are trying to put a spin on these protests and convince everybody it's turning into ethnic & religious issues which is not true. Same thing happened in the 90's and that is how the war started.

Anyway, i think this hit too close to home, it's happening in the middle of Europe and TPTB can't afford to tell the world about it. People are fed up everywhere and this just might give them an idea or two.

## Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable ##

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Xcathdra

If the People of America burned down the white house would you be pissed if it never made world wide headlines..???

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I'm sorry for being blunt with that post, but it's not hard to look for this event:
ABC News
Fox News (if you can call it that)
W ashington Post
Seattle PI
Even DW from Germany DW

It's not a headline thing, but it is out there. Globally Bosnia screwed themselves by allowing their political parties to be based of ethnics. So yes they were going to have a war, and with that war came the hard facts of today. If they had a stronger governmental base, then it should have stepped in during the riots in Tuzla and create a peaceful solution to it before it spread.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join