It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally Understanding My Home... maybe!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   
We have lived on this property for about twenty years. Lovely home in the country. It is about ten miles from my grandparents home where I grew up.
Life is great here .. until winter.
Then things get strange. We hear foot steps on the porch and no one is there. It sounds like tapping on the window but again no one. The kitchen floor vibrated for over an hour. Made everyone standing on it feel sick. Then it stopped and never shook again.
The house is built on pylons with no basement. There is wood siding around the bottom of the house with only a small,locked trapdoor.
My two sons have seen a little girl outside the window. I have not seen it. But lately we have heard loud bangs inside the house. If you dropped a large cast iron skillet with a glass lid that would be the sound but we can never find anything out of place.This has happened many times lately.Just on the first floor. Today a book out of the book shelf upstairs but may have nothing to do with the other noises.
I was looking at some old newspaper clippings and found an article about a big blizzard in 1977. A family lived a half mile from where we live now and the parents left the children home while they went to town for groceries. The snow was so deep they couldn't get home. I believe there were four children, one was a teen. The two youngest got scared and tried to walk to the neighbors. Their bodies were found at the edge of what is now our pond.
Could this be the cause of everything that has been happening at our home?
If it is what should we do to help?
My daughter says never to invite them in. But if it is them I feel that there is something that we can do.
So advice you can give if very welcome.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I would think that it is the cause from your mentioning it happening in the Winter and that the childrens bodies were found on your property. I would probably involve some paranormal investigators over. I would want to see the souls of these poor children find the light and go to where they belong rather than staying trapped.
edit on 9-2-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   

copperhead12
We have lived on this property for about twenty years. Lovely home in the country. It is about ten miles from my grandparents home where I grew up.
Life is great here .. until winter.
Then things get strange. We hear foot steps on the porch and no one is there. It sounds like tapping on the window but again no one. The kitchen floor vibrated for over an hour. Made everyone standing on it feel sick. Then it stopped and never shook again.
The house is built on pylons with no basement. There is wood siding around the bottom of the house with only a small,locked trapdoor.
My two sons have seen a little girl outside the window. I have not seen it. But lately we have heard loud bangs inside the house. If you dropped a large cast iron skillet with a glass lid that would be the sound but we can never find anything out of place.This has happened many times lately.Just on the first floor. Today a book out of the book shelf upstairs but may have nothing to do with the other noises.
I was looking at some old newspaper clippings and found an article about a big blizzard in 1977. A family lived a half mile from where we live now and the parents left the children home while they went to town for groceries. The snow was so deep they couldn't get home. I believe there were four children, one was a teen. The two youngest got scared and tried to walk to the neighbors. Their bodies were found at the edge of what is now our pond.
Could this be the cause of everything that has been happening at our home?
If it is what should we do to help?
My daughter says never to invite them in. But if it is them I feel that there is something that we can do.
So advice you can give if very welcome.

Here is what I suggest, with all respect and personal knowledge on this subject matter...

There may be a spiritual, "Etheric" should we say anomaly in the premise of your property at times, and yes, it may, may be tied to that incident you brought up with the children of 1977...that is still "Relatively" recent. Relative as time is not as linear or constant as we mostly perceive. I'm sure you already know this.

The path of least resistance is to move away, to another location. However, if none of you are scared or feeling bad about what has happened, then you have options in dealing with it:

Number one: Ignore it and tell your children to ignore it. Never give any of the "Strange" things even more than a moments notice. This will most likely decrease any occurrences.

Then you have actual dealing with "it":

Number one, I would at least strongly affirm in your mind, while inside your home, commanding, but with a benevolent vibe, that no other beings are allowed inside the confines of your home, at any time, save for you and your family.

Two, at some point, and this is truly only if you are up to the task and ready for possible experiences that may frighten/disturb you, while outside, ask that the spirits "move on" or "find your new path."

I have personally dealt with far more paranormal experiences than I honestly would have liked to, but it has made me not only very spiritually/mentally strong, but I also know how to handle some of even the most severe cases, which I have dealt with.

Best energy abounds, and my heart goes to you, be strong, and be sound of mind

edit on 9-2-2014 by 1Providence1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   
A lot of these things, like the knocking tapping and vibrating could possibly be caused by plumbing or construction. Makes sense in winter when temperatures are shifting so rapidly. How old is the house?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
With it being winter, the children's tragedies happened in the winter, sounds like it would then be a residual haunting where it's, almost to say, a replayed recorded events of what happened during a stressful event related to the hauntings. Water, rivers... hold the residual "energy", and can act as a conduit for intelligent hauntings-see more below.

Do any of the objects move or activity happen at certain times of the day? That would note it being residual.

You mention some activity, such as the book, that seem as an isolated cases. That could note it as an intelligent haunting where the paranormal being or beings are present.

Wonder if you witnessed the book, or similar, moving off the shelf? I've been noticing movements of objects in relation to paranormal activity, as they seem to have a pattern of movement, as a personal interest and possible research notation.

It is correct you don't want to further an invite into your home, as it would allow for more interest just besides those in question. You cold invite an investigation over, or even burn some sage, lay some salt on your outer porch area, as examples for a cleansing. Likely you have something going on here, would also, see if you could debunk any of the activity, such as the floor vibration. Also, would check with neighbors, people who lived in the home, even relatives of the children who passed, city hall/ historians, library archives, real estate, etc., for possibly more to peace together about what is happening

edit on 9-2-2014 by dreamingawake because: Added more info.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I used to live in a very old cottage and experienced many paranormal happenings there, but when you mention the bang noise in the house that caught my attention as that would happen frequently in the house and was heard by many different people. We would always get up and have a look around, but just like in your case, there was never anything out of place or unusual, we would all just hear a very loud bang and it was definitely coming from inside the house somewhere...very weird. We also got footsteps running through the house, yet again heard by many people, but with no obvious source and we never actually saw a ghost of any description, it was always just sounds.

As for the possibility of spirits in your home, you should contact a paranormal investigator, who can come and check it out. I wish I had done that in my previous home as I think the results would have been interesting

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by copperhead12

Well, you already know you have paranormal activity, so I would go ahead and call a psychic/medium to come in to communicate with the ghost(s). Most paranormal teams only try to verify that there is paranormal activity; they don't usually do more to help you or the ghost to move on.

Make sure you get a psychic that is also a medium, and make sure they are the real deal. Get references from people that have used them.

Kim Russo, Amy Allen, or James Van Praagh are famous psychic mediums that might be interested in your case enough to help out if you would allow them to film for t.v. If not, maybe they could at least give you advice on helping the ghost(s) to move on by yourself. They all have website. Just google their name.

These poor girls need help to move on to the light so they can continue on their spiritual journey. I hope you find someone.

Just curious... what was the book about that was pulled out? Could there be some connection to the information in the book the ghost wants you to read?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
As a paranormal researcher/investigator this phenomenon is fascinating. footsteps on the porch and tapping on windows could be explained by contraction of your home during cold weather, the vibrating floor.. no idea yet.Are there any other events that you have witnessed or is this account all there is to it?

top topics

join