It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your opinion on outsourcing jobs outside the US?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CleanCare

I don't like it at all! There were two huge call centers I worked at about 10yrs ago that employed thousands of people with various clients and they were ALL outsourced to friggin India. Those places were there for over 10yrs. I made excellent money working there and the benefits were great. They were also very understanding when it came to students and would work your school schedule around your work schedule. You could work all the overtime you wanted as long as those hours were covered by someone they didn't care.

So now 5000+ plus people in on small area are out of work just so these companies can save a buck and pocket more themselves. No I don't like it. You also do NOT get the same customer service anymore when you get a place overseas. I'm sorry but when I know I'm calling India and you tell me your name is "Bob" I know you are full of it. I saw a Dateline show years ago where it showed how places in India that are taking and yes I say taking our jobs are TRAINED to sound more American and to pick American names so as to appear that they are in America which is a huge joke because anyone with half a brain can tell they are not. It is so wrong.

Companies should not be allowed to outsource. It is cheap labor and those people over there are making pennies! It is not right on either end imo.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

pheonix358
It is not all about cheaper labor costs.

The Governments both Federal and State are running businesses out of town.

Record keeping, health and safety, licenses for this and that and everything. IRS / State taxes and the book keeping load to support them. You can't do this, you can't do that, does your product meet these 1,001 codes. Then there are the attitudes of disillusioned workers and getting sued by anyone etc etc, the list is near endless!

Who would want to run a small business!

It is far easier to send it overseas and get rid of a great many headaches.

The Government is killing small and medium business and all the big boys went overseas a long time ago.

Bye bye miss america pie!

P

Oh please that is so much bull. The only reason why these lowlifes ship jobs overseas is because they can pay slave wages and not have to worry about their employees having a little thing called rights something that wouldn't be allowed in America. If America is so bad and so anti business then why are so many companies from overseas moving to America?

Companies that out source overseas should have to pay the full import tax and it should be increased by 200%. Tax them high enough that there is no profit for them. America was good enough to start their companies but then they said screw America as soon as they could afford to move overseas so America should screw them.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

You are absolutely correct. The purpose in the corporate mindset is not to bring down the country, though. Because they believe all that belongs to them. The purpose is to bring down the american worker from all the gains we made through unions and legislations of safety laws and tariffs and taxes. I remember when the working amercian had tax deductions for working.

It is sad that there are americans who want other americans to be on the same living level as Chinese, Koreans, put any name but American here.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by CleanCare

I'm a victim of outsourcing. On Jan. 14th I received notification of termination from my company. Reason = corporate restructuring. Outcome = sending positions like mine to India and elsewhere. I'm in clinical research (drug development) and this move was made back in the early 2000's also, and it didn't pan out for my (former)employer, so they brought the jobs back... Yet they are now doing it again.

There is something in common with the timing of the outsourcing for now and the early 2000's. Both were preceeded by an IPO. My employer just went public (again) last summer. So it seems to me, the outsourcing is connected to having their stock available on the market.... Hence, they want to please the board and investors... The almighty dollar of course.

In my opinion, the jobs in my industry atleast will come back again. This is a temporary move to improve their bottom line for the time being and once they see the improvement they will hire staff to replenish the jobs they moved out. Otherwise they wont be able to compete with other CROs who are constantly growing and winning bids.

Dont worry about me, Ive got a new job with a competitor

But again, manufacturing labor as the Shark Tank participants seek, and admin labor I spoke about above are completely different. Yet they both get outsourced. Thats even scarier, for the US anyway.
edit on 2232x6722America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago2 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Well, I'd be a bit of a hypocrite if I was wholly against. I understand that for people who work in manufacturing, it's a bad thing because there are people in other parts of the world who are willing to do those jobs for much less, and in other parts of the world, the environmental restrictions are also much less, so things can be made much cheaper.

You've all seen pictures of the smog in China, yes? That's part of cheaper labor, cheaper manufacturing.

At the same time, my own husband works for a German firm. His own job is outsourced from Germany. Has he stolen a job from a German? Should he feel bad for having it?

posted on Nov, 15 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
If outsourcing to foreign countries produces more profit for companies, they will hire more people for jobs in other fields. I believe that outsourcing is good for America because it increases more profit for the companies that resort to outsourcing which keeps America's economy afloat. The employees from USA have to realize that they can keep their jobs by improving their expertise and accepting lower rates. More info on diceus.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Juliya78

time to die

top topics

<< 1   >>

join