It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.States and Russia conspire to fix Olympic ice skating competition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
According too a French newspaper an anonymous Russian coach, said the United States and Russia have struck a deal that would help US skaters win the ice dance gold ,,and Russian skaters win both pairs and the team event.

U.States and Russia conspire to fix Olympic ice skating competition

The International Skating Union said they had no comment ,,& U.S. Figure Skating "categorically" denied the allegations...

On Saturday, The Canadians skaters were penalized ,leading too the allegations
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

During the 2002 Winter Olympic Games at Salt Lake City, a scandle arose when Russian & French judges were caught colluding to fix the ice skating competition....resulting in having to award a second gold medal to Canada....

edit on 8-2-2014 by Misinformation because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Misinformation

I watched this at work tonight and I'm sorry, I believe sporting events are "fixed", as in I knew the Seahawks would win the Superbowl because it was all over UTube...

But these two American skaters from Detroit had a connection, or something along that line and it was undeniable. My co-workers were also in awe. White and Davis were beautiful together, and deserved the highest score. I didn't see who skated after them.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
LOL, in SETI?

That aside, cheating is among the most detestable things we can do internationally. I mean, other than blowing up wedding caravans, and extraordinary rendition, and giving latin americans syphilis. But yea, other than that....cheating sucks the worst.

In all seriousness, I don't think I am surprised to hear this. Corruption exist in every power structure.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
So the French .. who were actually caught cheating .. are throwing around accusations with no evidence at all?

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I would BE MORE surprised to learn that someone had not conspired to cheat or hadn't cheated. How sad is that? There is always talk about this during any kind of sporting event including each and every Olympic event ever held. Why anyone "feels like a winner" when they have cheated is so far beyond me.... I don't know why you would bother. But people do.

Nobody in the world would be surprised to hear that the US conspired to cheat or actually did cheat at ANYTHING I don't think. I certainly wouldn't be.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Cheating, lying, stealing ... indirect harm. And yet, the ISU had no comment.

People train their butts off for the Olympics. For many of them it's their one chance for athletic glory.

I saw this happening a long time ago and lost all interest in The Games.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
So one anonymous drunk,disgruntled says fix and immediate international conspiracy!Add the usual ATS blowhard reactionary commentary=completely zero.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   
The Olympic games are nothing but a tool and a sinecure .....propaganda and cakes and circuses what easy dupes we are.....pfffft!

top topics

join