It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says warships headed close to US borders

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

ChuckNasty

Hijinx
reply to post by ChuckNasty

Iraq never kicked Iran's butt......

Sure they didn't

Keep living your dream.

Iraq invaded Iran while the Iranian Revolution was taking place. In other words, Iraq saw the Iranians fighting amongst themselves and decided to move in and try to take over. How ever, this did not happen. Iran, fought back Iraq reclaiming it's lost land, and then Invaded Iraq.

It ended in a stalemate and UN resolution and IRAN GAVE back the land it had taken from Iraq.

I'm pretty sure when a country tries to invade another, get's beat out of the country and then loses some of it's own land that's an epic loss.

Winner Iran.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Hijinx

ChuckNasty

Hijinx

Iraq never kicked Iran's butt......

Sure they didn't

Keep living your dream.

Iraq invaded Iran while the Iranian Revolution was taking place. In other words, Iraq saw the Iranians fighting amongst themselves and decided to move in and try to take over. How ever, this did not happen. Iran, fought back Iraq reclaiming it's lost land, and then Invaded Iraq.

It ended in a stalemate and UN resolution and IRAN GAVE back the land it had taken from Iraq.

I'm pretty sure when a country tries to invade another, get's beat out of the country and then loses some of it's own land that's an epic loss.

Winner Iran.

Kinda true. Saddam, the prick, did see it that way. This is common knowledge..

Saddam's forces, equipped with superior weaponry, would have dominated any Iran resistance during the attack. He didn't expect that iran was so F'd with themselves to offer little resistance. His goal wasn't to take over Iran..

I could go into much more detail on this, but this thread isn't about that war..

It is about a weakass country like Iran, who's navy is a joke...who's military is a joke...even France is decades beyond their tech level..trying to beat their chest.

Even Cambodia vs Iran would result in Iran's defeat..

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I'm not surprised with it. Since, we all know that the war is not yet finish.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   

ChuckNasty
It is about a weakass country like Iran, who's navy is a joke...who's military is a joke...even France is decades beyond their tech level..trying to beat their chest.

typical western arrogance.

You know the Americans publicly made fun of Japan, called them monkeys, ridiculed them, said they were weak, disorganized and no chance of being a military threat.
Then they took Singapore, Malaysia, PNG and knocked on Australia door step after they decimated the US navy.
Fast forward 60yrs your still so ignorant you believe your enemy is below par. Tsk tsk, you'd think you'd learn!

Judging by the actions of young Americans and young Iranians, they are definitely smarter, more disciplined and more cultured. America has the greatest bombs, woohoo, you still struggle against the Taliban and got many black eyes by Iraqi militia. There's a reason Iran have lasted this long as a civilization, their military strength wasn't the cause it was their wits, their intelligence. Something America severely lacks in.

Iran wont defeat the USA, but they will damn well give you a nasty surprise and they'd send you bankrupt before any ''victory''

What Americans don't realize, is you've already lost, your economy is a joke, your civilization is a joke, your people are fat, arrogant, ignorant, doped up, uneducated, gun toting maniacs who cant speak, read, write or interact properly.

quick i think I hear Britney and Miley on TV. best take your moms semi-automatic and go shoot up some schools before your TV tells you to take more meds and eat more cheeseburgers.

edit on 10-2-2014 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Whilst I agree with the general sentiment, ie; Iran poses no direct threat, I don't understand the "even France" reference. France is one of the major European powers and one of only a few countries in the world with any expeditionary capability.

This isn't a continuation of the juvenile "Freedom fries" crap, is it? Grow up.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

stumason

Whilst I agree with the general sentiment, ie; Iran poses no direct threat, I don't understand the "even France" reference. France is one of the major European powers and one of only a few countries in the world with any expeditionary capability.

This isn't a continuation of the juvenile "Freedom fries" crap, is it? Grow up.

It was. You are right....it was juvenile of me. My bad. I really like France. If it wasn't for them, America would still be under British rule.

I am sorry for the French comparison.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

While mostly I agree with your assesment of 2014 america....why do you have a blank spot on your location? I do not need to ask you why, do I? while our leaders lie and steal from us, we are somewhat awake, but watch out if the masses of america get a clue. The taliban, Iraq and Afganistan would be a friggin glass parking lot if our glorious leaders gave us the " fire at will" order...the total all out war would shake many countries to their knees, but we are stuck with the controlled sissie approach, sad to a point, but makes us look much weaker than we are. You take 4 battle groups, a kick all ass Army, Air force, and the rest of our arsenal, with limited wimp regs, and the outcome would be all one sided....do not piss off the sleeping giant....he may easily crush you...
edit on 10-2-2014 by teslahowitzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Agit8dChop

ChuckNasty

You know the Americans publicly made fun of Japan, called them monkeys, ridiculed them, said they were weak, disorganized and no chance of being a military threat.
Then they took Singapore, Malaysia, PNG and knocked on Australia door step after they decimated the US navy.
Fast forward 60yrs your still so ignorant you believe your enemy is below par. Tsk tsk, you'd think you'd learn!

Judging by the actions of young Americans and young Iranians, they are definitely smarter, more disciplined and more cultured. America has the greatest bombs, woohoo, you still struggle against the Taliban and got many black eyes by Iraqi militia. There's a reason Iran have lasted this long as a civilization, their military strength wasn't the cause it was their wits, their intelligence. Something America severely lacks in.

Iran wont defeat the USA, but they will damn well give you a nasty surprise and they'd send you bankrupt before any ''victory''

What Americans don't realize, is you've already lost, your economy is a joke, your civilization is a joke, your people are fat, arrogant, ignorant, doped up, uneducated, gun toting maniacs who cant speak, read, write or interact properly.

quick i think I hear Britney and Miley on TV. best take your moms semi-automatic and go shoot up some schools before your TV tells you to take more meds and eat more cheeseburgers.

Using Japan as your foundation of this response.... You must be a product of current schooling..

As for Afghanistan... They are like Vietnam. DONT mess with them. Iran is no Afghanistan... But I applaud your response and giving an intelligent reply.

As for anyone sending a 'surprise' it'll be Russia.

As for the rest of your rant like reply, it is just a byproduct of the Media. Thank you for proving that the Media is our Achilles heel..

God bless you, Amen.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Note: America didn't and doesn't have the biggest bombs....Soviet Russia did and does.

Maybe you need to Google facts instead of fiction...

Knowing is half the battle!

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Yup Tsar Bomba

Way bigger than anything America built.

But there are the black projects, we probably have a neutron bomb ready

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Cito

That may be it. Soviets had half a million megatons of boom in an air drop device while we still were trying to scale down the three story building for ours..

History isn't so Merican friendly as most may think. Our saving grace was a ship ton of atomic devices delivered by land sea and air.

The neutron bomb, maybe our scientists created it already. The math and geometry is there.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
This is a non-issue. I'm sure the US Navy were aware of the warships before anyone else. I did have a little chuckle to myself when I read that Iran's naval fleet has boats that are 35 years old and they haven't got much in the way of 'modern' warfare. The US has numerous warships and submarines so if Iran did attack with their wrinkly old ships they would be blown away.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

ChuckNasty

Note: America didn't and doesn't have the biggest bombs....Soviet Russia did and does.

Maybe you need to Google facts instead of fiction...

Knowing is half the battle!

Yes, America had a different philosophy I think other than bigger is better.

What is "better", a punch at full power that you can't hit your opponent with, or one at 50% power that you can land almost every time?

The best bomb is the one that hits the target. Bigger can make that more difficult.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I hear ya and agree. America ultimately perfected the accuracy of the A bombs we could place. Even the sub launched icbm's put Soviet tech to shame. My response was originally against the ignorance that Merika had the biggest bomb as stated.

We couldn't keep up. Even their scientists were like whoa. We eventually said F it, lets out perform them. 3 A bombs on target was better than a 700megaton bomb with a similar kill radius. That 700megaton bomb accuracy was way less than our tri-fecta approach. They couldn't develope a rocket, at that time, that would put their bomb on target.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Note, our dmg was way less than 50% of their bombs. The A bombs were more like a tenth of the damage output. The multiple A bombs kill radius was similar to a soviet megaton device.

On my card phone, hard to edit. But my 2.5 GB of data for 25 bucks is worth it.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Agit8dChop

ChuckNasty

Any sort of projecting along these lines would just show how out of touch Iran really is. I mean if they think there is any sort of cred to be gained from this. This certainly isn't showing any of their famed "wits". Its the sort of thing someone with little mans syndrome would do.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Oh come off it. They've sent a 45-year-old frigate (the Sabalan) and a tanker/logistics ship (called the Kharg), which was built in 1977. State of the art they are not. The best word to describe them is 'crappy'. Even if they do get into US waters (which is a bit of an ask) then the moment that they try anything they get turned into an attractive new set of underwater sculptures. There's no threat.
Here's a link - medium.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Sakrateri

Why do you consider Iran a blood thirsty nation. I would consider it an act of defence. Iran have not started in the last few hundred years....

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

purplemer
reply to post by Sakrateri

Why do you consider Iran a blood thirsty nation. I would consider it an act of defence. Iran have not started in the last few hundred years....

How do you defend Iran by sending two old ships into the South Atlantic?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Fair do's. I doff my cap to you, squire

Don't get me wrong, as an Englishman, I all for giving the French a ribbing every now and then, just no need to be silly

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join