It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just who does Ed Snowden really work for? A plausible theory...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
It's obvious who he works for and that is none other than Obama. Obama promised transparency but he isn't stupid enough to think he could run his mouth about what America is doing and not catch a bullet for it. Look at what happened to other presidents that talked you know Kennedy and Reagan. So what better way to do it than to get a lackey to do it for you. This way Obamas hands stay clean and Snowden goes on vacation all the while waiting for movie and book deals which will come along when this is over.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Right, so Obama called his contact with his super secret blackberry to hire a mole to whistleblow on the NSA. Never mind that the Obama administration has charged more whistleblowers under the Espionage Act than all other administrations combined.

With charges filed against NSA leaker Edward Snowden this June, the administration has brought a total of seven cases under the Espionage Act, which dates from World War I and criminalizes disclosing information “relating to the national defense.” Prior to the current administration, there had been only three known casesresulting in indictments in which the Espionage Act was used to prosecute government officials for leaks.

www.propublica.org...

edit on 9-2-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Rosinitiate

Right, so Obama called his contact with his super secret blackberry to hire a mole to whistleblow on the NSA. Never mind that the Obama administration has charged more whistleblowers under the Espionage Act than all other administrations combined.

With charges filed against NSA leaker Edward Snowden this June, the administration has brought a total of seven cases under the Espionage Act, which dates from World War I and criminalizes disclosing information “relating to the national defense.” Prior to the current administration, there had been only three known casesresulting in indictments in which the Espionage Act was used to prosecute government officials for leaks.

www.propublica.org...

You do know you are on what's called a conspiracy website right? The government is supposed to charge people that leak classified information. Sorry but that is the law no matter for what reason or why the person leaked it.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Do you work for the government and have access to sensitive information? Does your conscience eat away at you in the night, knowing you COULD do something but are afraid of the ramifications of sharing the truth?

How about if I told you, you could earn the respect of millions of people all over the world, become an immortal part of history, and possibly even be nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize?

Maybe even inspire others to do the same....

Governments don't want this. They don't want to create inspiring figures who speak from the conscience and leak highly sensitive information, no matter the risk. That's a DANGEROUS thing to encourage for an institution built on secrets.

They will encourage distraction though to think of him as a spy, or a traitor, or anything bad and untrustworthy as long as you're not focusing on the information he leaked.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I avoided the whole Snowden conversation for quite a while, simply because so many things just didn't add up. Yes, I realize the case presented for Snowden working for the CIA is mostly just conjecture, yet, it seems to be well educated conjecture. I simply just wouldn't put it past the CIA to come up with this "op", if that's what it was... I have noticed that, since the NSA got "blown up" by Snowden, the CIA's participation in Benghazi has been mostly forgotten by the public. Could this have been their aim all along?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

So than you agree with the OP? Obama administration had the CIA turn whistleblower on the NSA. we are on common ground that it was an intentional leak than. I still hold to the possibility he is Russian also but that's just me but the OP makes for a very compelling case.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
However this whole story started, it eventually became a test on the American people.

People still watch the superbowl...
and apart from the same minority complaining on the internet, everything's just fine!

Apathy is killing our humanity.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

buster2010

Rosinitiate

www.propublica.org...

You do know you are on what's called a conspiracy website right? The government is supposed to charge people that leak classified information. Sorry but that is the law no matter for what reason or why the person leaked it.

I seem to remember Obama saying ''We must do more to protect whistleblowers who speak up against corruption''

I guess he didn't mean the governments corruption.
edit on 28pm77pmSun, 09 Feb 2014 19:19:10 -060028 by Taggart because: spelling

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Taggart

buster2010

Rosinitiate

www.propublica.org...

I seem to remember Obama saying ''We must do more to protect whistleblowers who speak up against corruption''

I guess he didn't mean the governments corruption.
edit on 28pm77pmSun, 09 Feb 2014 19:19:10 -060028 by Taggart because: spelling

They really do hate it when the chickens come home to roost, don't they?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join