It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just who does Ed Snowden really work for? A plausible theory...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Somewhere in his CIA past, Ed meets a fellow CIA guy who sits down with him and says, "You know, Ed, things have gone too damn far. The NSA is spying on everybody all the time. I can show you proof. They've gone beyond the point of trying to catch terrorists. They're doing something else. They're expanding a Surveillance State, which can only lead to one thing: the destruction of America, what America stands for, what you and I know America is supposed to be. The NSA isn't like us, Ed. We go after terrorists for real. That's it. Whereas NSA goes after everybody. We have to stop it. We need a guy...and there are those of us who think you might be that guy..."

That's the theory, according to Jon Rappoport at Natural Health News... now, NHS can be sketchy at times, but I think this guy has it pinned down. Ed ratted out the NSA at the behest of the CIA; another battle in a long turf war.

It makes for intriguing reading...

Who is Ed Snowden?

And it makes perfect sense when it all played out. How better than to evade capture than with the help of the CIA... just one of many questions it answers, by my humble estimates...
edit on 8-2-2014 by madmac5150 because: AHHHHHHHHHHHH

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Here is a wild thought.... He works for himself... Just thought he would try and change the world..

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I think Snowden does and always did work for the NSA.

I think this a an operation to make NSA spying a mainstream polarized arguements that draws a line between patriotic Americans and constitutional Americans. Those that believe in the US constitution will be countered by those that believe Snowden had no right to take sensitive US intelligence to China and Russia.

Why didn't he go to Germany? I bet if he did this would be much more action packed.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MALBOSIA

mainstream polarized arguements that draws a line between patriotic Americans and constitutional Americans.

I don't believe you can be a patriotic American if you don't believe in the constitution.

As for escaping to Germany... that would probably been one of the shortest escapes in history. Or he'd have ended up stuck in the Ecuador embassy.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Your link is an interesting read , thanks . A lot of conjecture and more questions than answers , though.

Personally , I think it likely that Snowden is the Lee Harvey Oswald ... and American dominated internet and wireless are Kennedy . As in the analogy , his handlers ( IMHO ) will manage the replacement.

I'm with you on the ' things are not what they seem ' thinking.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
From what i have gathered Snowden has no desire to harm Americans. In this mindset it would go against his ideology to give sensitive information to Chinese or Russian authorities. In fact he is not in Russia by his own will, but rather because of the possibility of Interception by U.K. or U.S. authorities. Where else could he go? Snowden, Manning, Assange, all ruined their lives for the hope that people may question their government's intentions. They work for US.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I think the biggest question is whether or not it would really surprise anyone. I mean, if it all shook out that the CIA was behind it, would anyone be all that surprised? I wouldn't. This government lost its collective sense of restraint a long time ago...

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Bassago

mainstream polarized arguements that draws a line between patriotic Americans and constitutional Americans.

I don't believe you can be a patriotic American if you don't believe in the constitution.

As for escaping to Germany... that would probably been one of the shortest escapes in history. Or he'd have ended up stuck in the Ecuador embassy.

you think Germany would have handed him back to the US even after they found out that the Chancellors phone was taped? Maybe they would have I am no expert but for Russia and China to "find out" they were being spied on by the US really wouldnt be that shocking to any party.

And yes I think that there are many "patriot" Americans that couldnt care less about the constitution as long as America stays supreme and they stay rich. Might not be our definition of patriotic but to them it is.

It is not like Obama won by a landslide. And it is not like Ron Paul ever had a chance.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Dizak

Here is a wild thought.... He works for himself... Just thought he would try and change the world..

That is the least likely explanation.

OP, I'd rather learn it was the CIA instead of Russia but one man doesn't just gain that type of access without assistance. What was his official story for leaving the country? Something like, he had to go for medical treatment or something, uh huh, sure.

There is way more than we know and sometimes I can't help but think our government, publicly manufactures outrage and the forced diversion and landing of a presidential plane was a show. The worlds a stage.... Some of their supposed biggest secrets have been leaked and what? The westerners are still going about being the good slaves and as always congress sanctions the behavior through legislation, for our own good of course. Constitution be damned.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Yeah I believe the Germans would have handed him right over. Even if they didn't the CIA or some other spooks would have black bagged him as soon as they located him.

Agree that those who don't care about the constitution may believe they're patriotic Americans. I don't see it that way, the USA without the constitution is just..?? I'm not really sure what it would be.
edit on 217pm4747pm102014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

I'd give you two stars for that if I could... well said!

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Great article that poses a very compelling scenario. Thanks for posting it.

edit on 2/8/2014 by coder because: sentence structure

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The No Agenda Podcast has the same ideas. You should listen to their episodes.

I believe it.

With the CIA running all the cartels and **** in the world and the NSA listening to them and tracking them it seems to me like its in the CIA's best interests to keep the NSA out of their **** business.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Bassago

Yeah I believe the Germans would have handed him right over. Even if they didn't the CIA or some other spooks would have black bagged him as soon as they located him.

Agree that those who don't care about the constitution may believe they're patriotic Americans. I don't see it that way, the USA without the constitution is just..?? I'm not really sure what it would be.
edit on 217pm4747pm102014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

I think the CIA could have got him in China or Russia if they wanted to. Anyway, I dont know the whole story any better than the next guy but what does strike me as suspect is that Snowden NEEDED support from his fellow Americans to make his information count for anything. Why did he think he would get that support whilr standing on the shoulders of Russia and China. Is there a demographic I am not aware of that believes that the future rests in the transparent government and media within China and Russia? And THAT was the demographic that Snowden was hoping to mobilize against it's own government?

This is only my opinion but to me this whole story reads more like an operation that included Snowden, where the intent may have been to attract anti establishment sentiments. It is just too weird that Eric would go through the trouble he did and be decisive as he was without considering the idea that enough Americans might take what he did as treason just because he took sensitive information to China or Russia. Germany may have been a poor choice, but how about the Netherlands? Or... I don't know, you can tell me. There has to be some place better than the US's two top competitors...

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

onequestion
The No Agenda Podcast has the same ideas. You should listen to their episodes.

I believe it.

With the CIA running all the cartels and **** in the world and the NSA listening to them and tracking them it seems to me like its in the CIA's best interests to keep the NSA out of their **** business.

That is too good!

I believe the exact same thing.... just completely opposite.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

As time passes this seems more and more like controlled opposition. With every leak and news story we grow weaker as no one stands up and says enough.

We are slowly being desensitized and with every story the chains of apathy fall heavier and heavier upon our collective shoulders. This was planned all along. We have less liberty today then before this so called whistle blower.

Think I am full of it ?.............How many scandels in the last two years are still around ? The PTB are smart........Brilliant.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I nearly crapped in my office chair when this story started to break. I open an e-mail attachment and I'm staring at a properly formatted Top Secret document. Yeah ... it was no joke. Nobody takes the time to do that as a prank. Nobody 'plays' with that kind of fire.

At this point, the story has been spun in so many directions, this is the best forum for discussion of the subject: Deconstructing Disinformation.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Only one problem with this scenario is: would Snowden have put his own life on the line at the behest of the CIA? I doubt it.

Anyone who doubts that Snowden has put his life on the line, should consider how quick the US is to resolve problems by shooting or by bombing, with no regard to 'collateral damage', etc. (No wonder American teenagers are copying the US government's own actions in trying to settle their disputes with shootouts.)

Snowden said in an interview aired on German television that the turning point for him was the Director of National Intelligence, James Clapper, lying to Congress while under oath. Clapper had denied outright that any surveillance was being carried out by the NSA.

www.theverge.com...

Yet no action has been taken against Clapper for lying while under oath? Why not? Is the US Congress toothless?

And Clapper, as the Director still, is now calling for Snowden 'and his accomplices' to return NSA documents. This post is saying basically the same thing - i.e. that Snowden had accomplices... Who would you believe?

And who could Snowden have trusted anyhow?

As a side note: It's very worrying to me that the US, UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand are in cahoots, as revealed by some of these leaked documents. It makes me ashamed of my having once believed in the so-called 'democracy' of these countries.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   
It seems like everything that's allowed/reported in the news today is designed to cause controversy - pitting people in America against each other.

Divide and conquer.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   

American citizens believe in the constitution, and want to live by it.
American politicians do not, and want to destroy it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join