It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens. Is this the proof?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Phage
reply to post by dragonridr

But i know you know this you just ike to start trouble and thats why i like you.
No. I don't like to start trouble, I like to get the facts straight. The Moon does mess with precession. But precession has nothing to do with obliquity.

The other planets do affect obliquity and without the Moon our obliquity would not be as stable as it is because of the influences of the other planets. This is a fact. Without the Moon the Earth would roll around like a ball with its obliquity varying from 0º to as much as 85º. The north pole actually could end up pointing nearly at the Sun. Almost the entire southern hemisphere could be in darkness all year round.

That is what the idea of the Moon being so necessary to the evolution of life is based on. With such dramatic changes in climate it is unlikely that life could have evolved beyond simple forms.

But when someone sat down and actually crunched the numbers it became clear that those "excursions" of obliquity could take a very long time. Longer even than the lifetime of the Sun, leaving plenty of time for stuff like us to evolve.

Read the paper. You might find it interesting.

edit on 2/12/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Your right it is interesting the part i found the most interesting is that a planet in retrograde is more stable to be honest i assumed the exact opposite to be true. And apparently the initial axis makes all the difference between stable and chaotic planets. A 90 degree tilt would not be good if thats the initial axis. Im still trying to figure out how retrograde makes so much difference in stability.I wonder if it has to do with stability of motion do to drag on earth sun. we know drag occurs in gravity due to solar spin. Any way i digress thanks for something to consider.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

It's matter of harmonics.

Hence while prograde rotaters can have their rotational precession enter into resonance with orbital precession, under
most circumstances retrograde rotaters cannot.

Precession also applies to the orbit, not just the rotation. If they are both going in the same direction there can be a tendency to give the axial precession a kick when the timing is right.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

and vice versa

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Some people don't believe in truthful people because liars ruined it for everybody.

posted on Feb, 12 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Good post.
what ever them lot say!

their could be a mathematical pattern
that will let us find some thing to help us
reach a level that will help us advance.

but I would say all the planets will be used!
and maybe the nearest stars.

if this alien race has been around for
over one million years.
then they could move stars.

And they had time to do it!
and with the planet drift
so that it will be ready when we are.

Science to a level that it is indistinguishable from God.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

buddha

over one million years.

Ah so you mean it's a FAIRY TALE!!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Hey Phage-
Just want to query you about the "golden ratio" junk I posted earlier. This looks like a rip-off of that with aliens. I don't know much about it but it seems to be a common pattern that naturally occurs. It does seem like you can sort of "make" it work and could be just the way we tend to find patterns in things.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

buddha
Good post.
what ever them lot say!
Thanks

And I'm really past caring what that lot say

buddha

Thats quite likely. Maybe thats the
next stage of our learning?

buddha
over one million years.

I totally agree with you, and maybe when enough
people can wrap their tiny little minds around it, maybe
then we'll find the next part of the message.

THIS.
(Moon x Earth) / 100 = 4374987 the circumference of Sun
(Sun / earth) x 100 = 10896 the circumference of Moon
(Sun / moon) x 100 = 40000 the circumference of Earth

I find that just astonishing! Pick any two, and they give
you the circumference of the third!
I think I'm going to have it printed on a T-shirt

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

jude11

VoidHawk

jude11
So from what I understand, you are saying that the proof of aliens lies in the possibility that they not only exist but created our solar system?

I believe in ET but can't get behind this.

Interesting thread tho. Thanks

Peace

Hi Jude.
Assuming everything in the op were accurate, would you still say you cant get behind it? Would you not think thats all just a bit too much?
Would it help if I said it was proof of god? Being serious.

Actually I was serious and apologize if it looked Different.

1. I would hazard the universe is full of mathematical coincidences that we aren't even aware of yet. Just in our own World, take the Fibonacci numbers for instance: www.maths.surrey.ac.uk...

2. If the thread was titled "Proof of God"...I would have given it a pass.

Peace

Hi jude11
Now that its quietened down.....

1. I would hazard the universe is full of mathematical coincidences that we aren't even aware of yet.

True. However, the reality in which we live does not usualy offer up so many examples like we see here. For example, using any two of the three (earth moon sun) will give us the circumference of the third. Give that some serious thought!

I found this (Moon x Earth) / 100 = the circumference of Sun in the book I mentioned. I was thinking about how it reminded me of ohms law and curiosity caused me to try it out, and it worked!

In ohms law we're looking at Volts Ohms and Amps, and they are all related, hence thats the reason the eqaution works. However, the earth sun and moon have no relationship other than they orbit around each other.
They say the earth formed from rocks and dust etc and gravity then pulls it into a sphere. That seems a pretty random process.

They claim the moon is the result of the earth being hit twice by something large. All the debris from those collisions then formed the moon. That too seems a pretty random process.

If we believe their theories on how the earth and moon were formed (randomly), then how likely is it that all three bodies would take on the dimensions that allow any two to predict the third?

On its own its astonishing. Now add in all the other...coincidences, for example, the number of earths that fit across the sun is the SAME as the number of suns that fit across the distance from earth to the sun.

How likely is it that all that would happen by chance? The odds are astronomical, but thats not all of it as I showed in the OP.

Like yourself many have suggested that these...coincidences happen all the time, yet we know everthing about all the other bodies in our solar system and nobody has been able to show the same for any other planet/moon known to us. The authers of the book I mentioned did check it out, and they couldnt find anything anywhere.

I tend to come across as angry when I write, I hope this post isnt like that. The only reason I'm writing it is because I have great respect for you, you often post threads that I'd have posted myself had I been aware of the topic.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

VoidHawk

THIS.

WHY divide by a 100 what circumference is used poles or equator ?

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

VoidHawk
Wow, all the regulars with their usual delusions.

Fixed that for ya.

On topic:

Both the title and premise of the OP are so ludicrous I can't fathom taking the time to formulate an intelligent rebuttal.
edit on 14-2-2014 by SaosinEngaged because: aliens made me do it

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

VoidHawk

buddha
Good post.
what ever them lot say!
Thanks

And I'm really past caring what that lot say

buddha

Thats quite likely. Maybe thats the
next stage of our learning?

buddha
over one million years.

I totally agree with you, and maybe when enough
people can wrap their tiny little minds around it, maybe
then we'll find the next part of the message.

THIS.

I find that just astonishing! Pick any two, and they give
you the circumference of the third!
I think I'm going to have it printed on a T-shirt

Your math is wrong earth circumference is 24,901.55 miles and moon circumference is 6,790 miles. when we multiply those two together we get 169,081,524.5 then divide that by 100 and we get 1,690,815.245. The suns circumference is 4,366,813 miles i guess your book didnt think anyone would check. Well at least they got close well no they didnt so i guess you might want to get your moneyback on that book huh.
edit on 2/14/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

divide that by 100 and we get 1,690,815.245. The suns circumference is 4,366,813

yeah but once you cut out all the fire and stuff, the number could be right. Like I'm 6'2" but only 5'11" with a haircut.

what do you know about the golden ratio stuff?
edit on 14-2-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

ZetaRediculian

divide that by 100 and we get 1,690,815.245. The suns circumference is 4,366,813

yeah but once you cut out all the fire and stuff, the number could be right. Like I'm 6'2" but only 5'11" with a haircut.

what do you know about the golden ratio stuff?
edit on 14-2-2014 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

The golden ratio can be derivied from any circle since thats how it was discovered in the first place. There is a number of ways you can get the golden ratio from circles. in fact mathematicians play games trying to figure out the least lines they can use to come up with phi.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

so that it would occur naturally is a given especially on spinny round things that may have formed together?

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I'd be more impressed if the answers were always 42.

posted on Jul, 1 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

The earth is also 366 times larger than the moon!

Pardon me if this has already been asked and answered, but this seems a little off...

The Sun measures 1.4 million km across, while the Moon is a mere 3,474 km across. In other words, the Sun is roughly 400 times larger than the Moon.

Read more: www.universetoday.com...

So, if the Sun is 400 times larger than the moon, then what crazy slide rule did the authors of the material you present in your OP rely on for the statement you present in the OP?
edit on 1-7-2014 by totallackey because: further content and source

posted on Jul, 2 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

There are some interesting points here but one must also consider the 'Law of small Numbers'. This law states that if the numbers being used are small enough all kinds of coincidences can arise because the smallness of the numbers limits the number of outcomes.

edit on 2-7-2014 by EnPassant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join