It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens. Is this the proof?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I cant trust anything written by Alan Butler. I once read a book written by him on the Templars.
I couldnt even finish it, it was so full of it, seriously, my gf gave it to me and I couldnt even finish it out of courtesy.
And Im the sort of guy who enjoys reading that kind of stuff.
'Holy blood, holy grail' best of their kind.

So im sorry, but i cant believe what they claim, they prolly twisted the numbers somehow, or starting making assumptions out of nowhere with no basis at all.
These guys write these books just for the money.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but this is exactly the sort of quackery that guys like Hancock and his ilk thrive upon. "ZOMG!!! LOOK AT THESE COINCIDENTAL NUMBERS!!! THIS HAS TO MEAN SOMETHING!!!" Actually, no it doesn't. These are (even if they were all on the money, and they are not) nothing more than coincidences. I am glad for the OP's enthusiasm, but there is certainly no "proof" of extraterrestrial design or contact in these numbers.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

Moons are quite common just look at our solar system theres only 2 planets who dont have moons. Then you have Jupiter with 63 and Saturn with 62 of them. Judging from our own solar system id say moons in all shapes and sizes our possible throughout the galaxy. So us having a moon is it really that strange when you think about it?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

The only issue I've always had with using math in conspiracy theories is you can make up and take any numbers of equations and get an answer that fits the liking of that persons theory.
Another thing to ad, the earth isn't perfect, far from it. And it doesn't need a moon to survive either. If some uber intergalactic race came down created this earth we live on, I am sure they would want a little more recognition than a rock floating around our planet.
Also as for the eclipse scenario, it doesn't fit perfectly 'in front' of the sun, it's an illusion, just like how if you take your thumb and can cover any object within your field of view, doesn't matter how big it is, as long as it's far away it'll seem small, within a margin or course.

edit on 10-2-2014 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Consider these unquestionable facts as a whole:

1.) For a start, they are not unquestionable, nor are they facts. There is nothing 'exact' about the Earth - Moon system at all. The Moon's orbit around the Earth is elliptical rather than spherical, meaning that it trundles between 357,000 km in distance and 406,000 km in distance; that's a massive differential. In real terms this means that the apparent size of the Lunar disk viewed from Earth changes by about 12%. So that's your first point blown out of the water.

2.) Your figures are wrong. The ratios yielded aren't as close as you claim. The actual values are 107.547 to 3dp and 109.299 to 3dp. Hardly startlingly close at all.

3.) See 1, there is nothing exact about it at all. Eclipses will continue to occur for hundreds of millions of years even though the Moon is moving away.

4.) Drawing a random square through the Earth makes as much contribution to an argument as me taking a picture of what my dog leaves in the garden every morning and then proceeding to post it here. Your diagram is also laughably inconsistent at each corner of the planet.

The only evidence of engineering here is that of the OP attempting to engineer figures to fit a pre-decided upon narrative.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
All big questions. The only true answer, of course, is '42'.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Alekto
All big questions. The only true answer, of course, is '42'.

Ford is that you we've been trying to contact you ever since we had that party.You know the one where you had the pan galactic gargleblaster well your brain fell out and we'd like to return it.
edit on 2/10/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
As it was pointed out, the numbers are varying between some 50s or so. Having the imperfect numbers but amazingly close, can nature not do that? Whether we are created or not, we see nature doing amazing things with life and the surroundings without the help of any other intelligent life and yes sometimes even the things nature creates look like man-made due to accuracy that is still - naturally formed.

Having that in mind, jumping from numbers that are not accurate to 'Aliens did it' is a bit too much of a stretch. Also did the aliens use their Ion Cannon to destroy a cosmic body to make us 'think that there was a larger planet' or did the Asteroid Belt form for a reason?

I am sure with the specific gravity towards the sun. location and bodies could form the sizes they formed. It could still happen in nature.

I do not exclude ET visitation but the marks would be rather left by ancient people than by the sizes of bodies, especially when this Asteroid Belt shows there must have been a bigger planet around.

And also people do not want 'just another clue of POSSIBLE ET visitation' they want to see it straight, it's been too many 'maybe aliens' evidence with nothing direct pointing to it.
edit on 10-2-2014 by ImpactoR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Definitely interesting. I've heard most of it before... but it's always good yo re-visit.

The only problem i have IS the title. Even though i believe in aliens, i don't know how this proves it as such.

In my opinion this is just one of the many things that make me believe in some kind of intelligent design.

And quite frankly, the numbers don't need to be spot on - if people are going to start posting saying the numbers aren't perfect, you've got the wrong idea. There as near to perfect as you're gonna get anywhere else. An it's all very odd whether you choose to believe or not.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

It slowly came to be this way, through asteroid and meteorite impact, as well as impact/breaking away from the Earth...

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Yes, I'm always suspicious about people claiming great things about stuff that lines up with things, seeing as how stuff tends to drift around a lot in space and on the Earth. What is lined up today was very likely not lined up as recent as a few thousand years ago. Unless the aliens somehow figured out that it would take us until right now to see the alignment, and scheduled for it to happen now, it's unlikely that the alignments are anything but coincidence.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
These coincidences and similar ones are outlined in A Little Book of Coincidence in the Solar System by Wooden Books. I find them very interesting; they suggest that our solar system is fine tuned in all sorts of surprising ways. But I think it just points to the great majesty of nature, time, and other physical forces. To say that aliens must have played a role is to undermine the beautiful forces that are interwoven into everything from you to the beautiful swirl of a galaxy. These phenomena would pre-exist any alien civilization produced in the universe, due to the great alignment of potentials needed for life to form.

If it is as true as the book suggests, Jupiter's Giant Seal is a far more impressive coincidence than the Earth ones, in my opinion.
edit on 2/10/1414 by conundrummer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Geometry and numbers can be calculated to come up with all kinds of amazing coincidences.

How on earth this proves aliens is beyond me.
How about God created the universe? That's hard to believe as well, but for now I'm going with that.

I'm not saying other life forms don't exist. I'm sure they do, but they are too far away us. Or were once closer and died out.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It was hilarious up until the point where everyone started taking it seriously -- which was right after the opening post.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

there is more to life and the universe then your tiny mind could ever comprehend. science is science, faith is faith. And you, my friend, are not the smartest person in the room. There's no such thing as a stupid idea.. only closed minded and ignorant people. History has only proven that only time will tell the truths as we learn and explore them.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jaffo

there is no proof AGAINST it either..

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Sorry if this is off topic, but I am not able to start my own thread on ATS for some reason...

I am in the UK (exact location is Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 6TN). I have been looking at Jupiter, which is currently sitting to the left of the moon in the night sky here. There is a distinctive tail which seems to be made up of three(?) diagonal dim lights coming out of the right upper quarter from Jupiter. Is anyone else seeing these???? Am I the only one? Please can somebody verify?

Kind regards and respect

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I say, again...

SquirrelNutz
You lost me here, chief...

The earth is also 366 times larger than the moon!

And, a few other places, but this was the gem.
edit on 2/10/2014 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Just based on how each planet, based on size and distance to the sun, and the way it all comes together; there would have to be some sort of constant formula for it to all work.

I am sure someone way smarter than me knows this formula and you could mathematically prove it.

For instance, each Sun or Star, based on its size, would be able to support the rotation of X amount of planets and X would be based on the size and make-up of each planet.

I just don't think it was made that way but instead HAS to be that way.

I probably didnt make any sense... but its my 2.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Great Thread!

My initial instinct was to discount all of these numbers because I thought, "big deal, a kilometre is just a random man-made determined size, so how could that relate to a Creator making things in relation to something we later made-up."

BUT:

Then I remembered an episode of the podcast Stuff You Should Know that I listened to called, 'How the Metric System Works'. I learned that the meter was actually created in France. They decided to make an imaginary line that ran from the North Pole, through Paris and to the Equator. They then divided that length by exactly 10 million to come up with the meter, so that it could be a physical manageable item which all measurements would be based off of (there really is one "metre stick" somewhere in France). So a Kilometre is 1000 meters, and a millimetre is 1/1000 of a meter etc.

Ps. USA, you should really switch to the metric system, it makes much more sense than your strange system which is based on how much land a single person and ox can plow in one day, or average sizes of human body extremities, haha.
edit on 10-2-2014 by Mikey923 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join