It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden Docs: British Spies Used Sex and 'Dirty Tricks'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

British spies have developed “dirty tricks” for use against nations, hackers, terror groups, suspected criminals and arms dealers that include releasing computer viruses, spying on journalists and diplomats, jamming phones and computers, and using sex to lure targets into “honey traps.”

Documents taken from the National Security Agency by Edward Snowden and exclusively obtained by NBC News describe techniques developed by a secret British spy unit called the Joint Threat Research and Intelligence Group (JTRIG) as part of a growing mission to go on offense and attack adversaries ranging from Iran to the hacktivists of Anonymous. According to the documents, which come from presentations prepped in 2010 and 2012 for NSA cyber spy conferences,

www.nbcnews.com...

Outline techniques used by Joint Threat Research and Intelligence Group

Mention sex.... well you must be reading this... In an amazing new breaking group of Snowden docs, we can see a whole can of dirty tricks being used on companies, individuals, and countries... Honey pot sex traps, machine viruses that crash themachine, corporate trickery and more... There is something for everyone here. Certainly, these are not the people to have after you... one wonders if they are targeting whomever they wish and what type of supervision is really going on...

From spying on meta data to down right dirty tricks... a big transition in the ongoing Snowden story... a couple of other links with different twists...

www.theregister.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk... ed-Snowden-documents.html
edit on 8-2-2014 by R_Clark because: Links

edit on 8-2-2014 by R_Clark because: Grammar

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

R_Clark

British spies have developed “dirty tricks” for use against nations, hackers, terror groups, suspected criminals and arms dealers that include releasing computer viruses, spying on journalists and diplomats, jamming phones and computers, and using sex to lure targets into “honey traps.”

Documents taken from the National Security Agency by Edward Snowden and exclusively obtained by NBC News describe techniques developed by a secret British spy unit called the Joint Threat Research and Intelligence Group (JTRIG) as part of a growing mission to go on offense and attack adversaries ranging from Iran to the hacktivists of Anonymous. According to the documents, which come from presentations prepped in 2010 and 2012 for NSA cyber spy conferences,

www.nbcnews.com...

Outline techniques used by Joint Threat Research and Intelligence Group

Mention sex.... well you must be reading this... In an amazing new breaking group of Snowden docs, we can see a whole can of dirty tricks being used on companies, individuals, and countries... Honey pot sex traps, machine viruses that crash themachine, corporate trickery and more... There is something for everyone here. Certainly, these are not the people to have after you... one wonders if they are targeting whomever they wish and what type of supervision is really going on...

From spying on meta data to down right dirty tricks... a big transition in the ongoing Snowden story... a couple of other links with different twists...

www.theregister.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk... ed-Snowden-documents.html
edit on 8-2-2014 by R_Clark because: Links

edit on 8-2-2014 by R_Clark because: Grammar

I thought all that was a given?. I mean hasn't it been reported for ages now that certain agencies both foreign and domestic use all kinds of devious and subversive tactics to bring about their desired results. And no I wouldn't want these people after me but know this, if I ever find myself in their crosshairs I know not to start acting like a complete fool(that's why most of these idiots become further targeted in the first place). And I know when to keep my mouth shut, Lest I have an irreparable slip of the tongue and my body found after a horrible "accident".

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Has no one ever seen a James Bond movie? Why are you surprised at the Brits spying techniques? All of this stuff is in those movies

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Has he commented explicitly on the Assange affair? That's an issue where we saw a sexual situation dictate world politics.

But yeah, there's sort of two levels of the public, those who already know basically everything Snowden has said, and those playing catch up. Still, I'm glad some of this stuff is coming to the surface. In the last century, we saw the end of OVERT (WWII style) war, with the advent of nukes and global trade. But now the world is in the period of an accelerated, over the top, intelligence game, and this kind of stuff is all over. Those who don't play in the major leagues play in the minor league (private sector) so these intelligence tricks can effect people playing at a much lower level than Snowden or Assange, to facilitate things like corporate espionage. The people need to know the games to keep themselves safe and to keep the country strong.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Oh, those dastardly spies! Using sex and dirty tricks? The nerve of these people! I'm sure such immoral and unfair techniques have never been used by any spies ever before in the history of humanity. I'm so ashamed and, um, OUTRAGED! yes, that's it. I'm OUTRAGED at this behavior!

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

schuyler
Oh, those dastardly spies! Using sex and dirty tricks? The nerve of these people! I'm sure such immoral and unfair techniques have never been used by any spies ever before in the history of humanity. I'm so ashamed and, um, OUTRAGED! yes, that's it. I'm OUTRAGED at this behavior!

Oh you. For the curious reader: Two links from history Assange should have read:

www.swarthmore.edu...
4. Because thro' more Experience, they are more prudent and discreet in conducting an Intrigue to prevent Suspicion. The Commerce with them is therefore safer with regard to your Reputation. And with regard to theirs, if the Affair should happen to be known, considerate People might be rather inclin'd to excuse an old Woman who would kindly take care of a young Man, form his Manners by her good Counsels, and prevent his ruining his Health and Fortune among mercenary Prostitutes.
and:
en.wikipedia.org...

In other words, one of the top players in Americas first Intelligence community advised young men to side stepped the young pretty honeys, to favor the arms of a discrete older woman to prevent this stuff. So yes, its old.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Sex and dirty tricks? Really? Next thing you know, they will be accused of lying and deceiving as well! I am just taken aback...

(Sarcasm naturally implied)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

Since we do the same, even to our allies, I don't see what so special about the Brits other than getting publicly blasted at tea time

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Why is that surprising?

People know how espionage works right and for the longest time, like anything anywhere ever, the human element was the easiest to exploit.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

machine viruses that crash themachine,

This one is no secret its called Windows.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
this really amazes me ,

have people lost their memories ?? have they forgotten history ??

this is nothing new......yes the technology has advanced , but they have always stayed ahead of the game ,in fact its the same with the other earlier `revelations` .....people should try reading some great non fiction books such as:

GCHQ - Richard J Aldrich 2011

The Secret State - Peter Hennessy 2003/2010

Deep Black - William Burroughs 1986

The last one is a great read if you can find it. ;-)

snoopyuk

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Its good to know that my taxes are being spent on top class training, sounds like they're doing their jobs well, lol!!

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Hardly news.....

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Except for the fact that the documents single out Britain this time. Maybe that was the whole reason for this disclosure......not what was done but rather where it happened. Not once in this thread did I hear anyone say the word "espionage" or "traitor" against the U.S.

Maybe.....just maybe, he did this because he wants people to see what he's doing. He's going after everyone one country at a time to prove a point. He's not against any one country in particular. He's against what everyone is doing. If he's a traitor, he's being treasonous against unetical and illegal behaviour. Maybe he's just as sick of it as everyone else, but he's the one who holds certain cards that can prove everyone's suspicions. And those suspicions would be that if leaders would simply cut the BS, spying on everyone and their mothers, then the policies that they actually want to practice could actually do citizens of the world some good. As it stands though, Governments are way less effective than they could be because everyone is trying to look into everyone else's back door.

It's all juvenile and comical.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by R_Clark

The louder people complain about Snowden's "revelations," the more obvious it becomes that all he has done is confirm what everyone already knew or suspected of foreign and domestic spy agencies.
It becomes more apparent every day with new "revelations" that our biggest complaints are related to the utter incompetence of these same groups.
All of the indignation related to Snowden is more closely connected to embarrassment than to danger from outsiders and "enemies."

I don't see him as a patriot or a traitor; but as the man pulling aside the curtain to reveal that our "wizards" are little more than phonies and bullies.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Join the intelligence services and become a pimp or be pimped.

2nd: S&F.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

schuyler

Eh? These Snowden documents are incredibly reserved compared to what's known to happen in the UK. Police spies have had marriages, children etc.. with people in order to infiltrate enivronmental groups and the like depsite the groups being completely legal with no history of violence or disorder. They also steal the identities of dead children to use as their cover.

While dirty tricks can safely be expected at every spy agency, in the UK it's completely lost any morality.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   
pardon my bluntness but is not sex,scheming and dirty tricks pretty much standard operating procedure for spys since antiquity ? matahari..the office of ungentlemanly warfare....oss...cia....kgb/nkvd all had noted honey pots and schemers.that sex dr i think used to work for the mossad,the guy from lord of the rings was OSS/mi6 .even Ronald dahl was a spy for a time and quite the ladies man evidently mentalfloss.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

hell some people poisoned their female daughters in small amounts in hopes of them not only being immune to the poison but in them being able to allegedly kill some one just by having intercourse with them so using sex as a weapon in the spy game comes from way in antiquity why would we not use it now?
en.wikipedia.org...

Indian epics talk about this practice too. It has been said that, during the rule of the king Chandragupta Maurya (320-298 BCE), there was a practice of selecting beautiful girls and administering poison in small amounts until they grew up, thus making them insensitive to poison. These maidens were called vishakanyas (visha = poison, kanya = maiden). It was believed that making love with vishakanyas could result in the death of their partners, hence they were employed to kill enemies.
yeah spys been doing shady spy stuff for thousands of years now

so why exactly does snowden think this is damming evidence or like a new project?

top topics

join