It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS itself a conspiracy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I�ve been on this board off and on, as time will allow, for a few weeks now. Many of the posts read as though written by the same person or group. The amount of hate being expressed on this board is terrifying to read. The shear volume of misstatements of facts is dumbfounding. The Nazi propaganda machine paled in comparison next to what I�ve seen here. Many of you scare the you know what out of me. I can almost see some of you pulling the wings off fly�s and torturing little animals. The names many of you have chosen unnerve me also. Is this really how you see yourselves? Nothing good could ever come of this and I almost let myself be drawn into this. I have made a couple of posts I�m not proud of but I�m awake now.
How is this board funded? I don�t see any ad�s. Keeping this thing running can�t be cheap. As I go from string to string I see the same names and the same lies posted over and over again. How do these people support themselves. It must take every minute of their day just to make this many posts. Let�s investigate ATS and see who is really behind it. What do any of us really know about the people behind this board. Who is responsible for its content? How many names actually lead back to the same person? Who is willing to fund this site and what�s their real motive. Should we just blindly accept what we are told about the origins of this board? What if this whole thing is a hoax to lure us in to be brainwashed and to turn us against one another? A divided population is much easier to defeat. I�m probably wrong, but what if I�m not?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This is the best piece of paranoiac prose I have read in my own 575.2 days since registering as an ATS member.

Keep it up - the answers will come to you more easily now, LOL.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This has been brought up multiple times before. I think the general consensus is that noone really cares either way. Anyway, there are hours of fun to be had sifting through the disinformation on this site. And who knows, you may be talking to a deep cover counter-intelligence operative.

This is the message board your parents didn't know to warn you about.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
But has anyone actually researched this? How does anyone here know the truth? I know I�m being facetious, but what if???

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well if you are so awared of what is going around here as a member you have the right to post useful information that will bring the "groups with the nazi propaganda" post useless.

That's what is all about your post are to bring light to the threads and keep the "groups" out of the dark.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

How is this board funded? I don�t see any ad�s. Keeping this thing running can�t be cheap.

See the google ads to the right???

As I go from string to string I see the same names and the same lies posted over and over again. How do these people support themselves. It must take every minute of their day just to make this many posts.

Some of us just have boring jobs that allow prolific posting, and I type fast...

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I was going to just go away, but alas I must respond:

What brought you here in the first place? That is the question you need to ask yourself. It must have been something of interest to you or you would not have wasted the 5 minutes it takes(+/-) to register here. Right? I am not being a smartass, just asking.

I think I see were you are coming from. Is this the only board you've been to? People get along at the other boards on the net? Nazi's? Where? Lets hide...

Seriously, what is different here than in the reall world? People can not always see eye to eye can they? What fun would that be? ATS a conspiracy? Huh? Simon? Help Simon...ggrrr never here when I need him. We will come to adjust your chip shortly, do not leave your present location.

There are a lot of nice, decent people here. Where are the evil ones you speak of? You know the one with scarey names. Pulling the wings off of flies? You are scaring me.

Bottom line, if you don't like it why are you here? Not trying to sound rude, but this website is great, and so are the members and MODS so what is your beef?

Boba

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Sites like ATS atract a lot of weirdos, that is inevitable.
You will be ok as long as you check every single thing for yourself and don't trust anyone. Don't assume anything to be true, no matter how many links are in the posts, no matter how neatly it is all aranged, no matter how many points the member has. It could be a lie. A very nicely wraped lie, disinfo, goverment crap, illuminati agenda, you name it. They ARE here, and they ARE posting, you just have to know how to recognize their modus operandi.

One of the most important things is to know the diference between presenting the facts, and presenting personal opinion based on facts.
The powers-that-be will try to push their agenda by posting "cool" educated posts, with tons of links, bold, italic letters, snipets of several articles out of context aranged so that they form one article clearly pushing a certain agenda. Be very careful, some of those are posted by very popular and respected members... be very careful...
A normal person would say "wow, this memeber posts such cool posts, he must know the truth, I will believe him". Once you think something like that, they got you, there is no turning back.
So, trust no one, check everything, use common sense. Don't trust me either! Check everything I said here, find the proof that I am telling the truth.

You can't save the world, but you can save yourself.

The truth is outthere....

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett1972

Bottom line, if you don't like it why are you here? Not trying to sound rude, but this website is great, and so are the members and MODS so what is your beef?

Boba

No beef, just an honest curiosity as to this boards origins. As to the fly thing it was not meant to demean anyone. You've got to admit there is a lot of hate being vented here every day. People filled with that much rage do scare me. My first post was to get a conversation started, which is no easy chore here. There seems to be a click of people that dominate the discussions and its hard to break in.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Well as for me I am just a lonely wife with nothing better to do and I am addicted to the boards in ATS.

So yes ATS can cause addiction.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I see nothing wrong with discussing conspiracies, as long as you let they stay just that, a discussion.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   

No beef, just an honest curiosity as to this boards origins. As to the fly thing it was not meant to demean anyone. You've got to admit there is a lot of hate being vented here every day. People filled with that much rage do scare me. My first post was to get a conversation started, which is no easy chore here. There seems to be a click of people that dominate the discussions and its hard to break in.

Blaine,

I guess it is all in how you perceive it, you say rage, I say frustration...The written word sometimes doesn't make up for a face to face discussion. Lost in translation you know?

As for the click remark, I agree, but some of these fine folks have been around since almost the beginning, so theres probably a bond. But why would this be any different than the real world? Hell, grown adults still have clicks...thats life. I just post what I feel I need to say, if people like or not that is their problem. I like making friends and meeting new people, but I do not let anything that goes on here affect me.

Like I said in my first post, I think most people here a great. People just get a little hot sometimes, but I can't think of any genuine hate coming from this board?

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Keeping myself open to new ideas keeps me young. When we stop learning its over. Then we become crotchety old folks. I am remiss though in that I failed to applaud those who are engaging in honest open debate. The people who demean and tear down do get under my skin at times. But then a little honest rage has its virtues. I suspect a lot of the, shall we say, more hatefull speech is due to youth and a desire to make change; even if they have force it on others.
But back to the subject - I really would like to know the origins of this board and what thoughts were behind it. Is it strictly monetary or is it an honest attempt at providing a forum for honest debate. Most discussion here seems to be about US topics, but this is a world wide venue. Why don't I see more exchange of cultures. Whats going on elswhere, other than Iraq? What are governments like in other countries. Most of what I see from other countries seems to be hatred directed at the US. I imagine the things we say here are all many others have to base their oppinions on.

[edit on 22-11-2004 by Blaine91555]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Wow "Simon Grey" a conspiracy.... very intersesting. Well you did bring up a point I checked out when I first joined. Who are these people? Well, the answer is here just look for it and you will find it. If you do a search on "Whois" you will find out that yes, Simon Grey is owner and contact for this domain, but it goes alot deeper than that, This board does not even originate in the United States, although most posts are about the United States or its citizens. Scary huh, well here is your answer... ATS is not a conspiracy although it seems possible, not likely, its a board with a membership so diverse across the globe that some of the things you read seem so far fetched. Realise this, Europeans dont think exactly as the United States does, Asians and Arabs have completely diffrent points of view on whats going on in the world. So take this one point into consideration you are learning more about the real world on this site then what you would learn if you were in the United States and just paying attention to the news. Here you understand and learn about others cultures, beliefs and true feelings where as if you never stumpled across this site you still would be that much un educated of what really goes on in this world.

just my thoughts and feelings

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Justmytpe,
Thanks, thats the kind of response I was fishing for. I did not know where the board originated and navigating this board for information can be quite difficult and time consuming.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
Wow "Simon Grey" a conspiracy.... very intersesting. Well you did bring up a point I checked out when I first joined. Who are these people? Well, the answer is here just look for it and you will find it. If you do a search on "Whois" you will find out that yes, Simon Grey is owner and contact for this domain, but it goes alot deeper than that, This board does not even originate in the United States, although most posts are about the United States or its citizens. Scary huh, well here is your answer... ATS is not a conspiracy although it seems possible, not likely, its a board with a membership so diverse across the globe that some of the things you read seem so far fetched. Realise this, Europeans dont think exactly as the United States does, Asians and Arabs have completely diffrent points of view on whats going on in the world. So take this one point into consideration you are learning more about the real world on this site then what you would learn if you were in the United States and just paying attention to the news. Here you understand and learn about others cultures, beliefs and true feelings where as if you never stumpled across this site you still would be that much un educated of what really goes on in this world.

just my thoughts and feelings

Not that is matters but:

You have voted Justmytype for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
This is why we are here!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And let me quote from that

As the world becomes increasingly chaotic and as the nature of things to come unfolds, it can be more and more difficult to gain true insight into what is really happening at times. In an information age dominated by politically clouded seas of media driven opinion, ATS is a pool of knowledge that can be drawn upon to extrapolate a sometimes general, but a more often startlingly vivid picture of what is actually taking place. It is the denial of ignorance that paints the picture.

and

Deny Ignorance.
This motto has life. It has purpose. It demands ATS members to think.

It is a state of mind.

It is a sense of purpose.

It is a statement agaisnt the paradigm.

It is a rage against the mindless status-quo.

The idea of "deny ignorance" isn't a goal that ATS hopes to accomplish. Instead, it's a challenge. A call to all those who come here to aspire to a higher state of awareness through informed discussion and debate.

Deny ignorance is what we do.

It's how we think. It's how we talk. It's how we listen.

Ignorance is the creeping crud of history that has clouded our minds and dulled our brains. Is the evil that men do, the reason history repeats, and the cause of intolerance.

We deny it. it's not welcome here. Within these boundaries, it has no strength.

Here, ignorance is denied

[edit on 22-11-2004 by asala]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Interesting stuff - I'm starting to feel more positive about this board.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join