It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to lose the 'Chemtrail and Geo-Engineering' Forum

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

Look, I'm sure you know exactly what I meant by my first comment.

Yes. You had no rational answer, so you accused me of being a shill. That is exactly the problem with the Chemtrail Forum: its very existence 'proves' that chemtrails exist, therefore anyone who questions chemtrail dogma is a heretic, or 'shill.'

Secondly, your suggestion that forums be allotted properly is a thin veil to put all geo-engineering discussion into skunkworks is an obvious attempt to quell any serious discussion of solar radiation management techniques.

That is exactly the opposite of my intent, as I have stated over and over again. Solar radiation mitigation would look nothing like a persistent contrail. Why do you insist on conflating the two? Don't the people who think that chemtrails are spraying the HIV virus have a right to post here as well?

It is quite a shame that you equate 'environmentalism' with chemtrails, but hey!! Your ilk are the ones that vehemently stalk the forum, ardently quashing any semblance of discussion. Do you get a bonus for a forum re-allocation?

I would like to draw the Mods' attention to the above statement. The Chemtrail Forum is filled with this sort of hate mongering. Anyone who does not subscribe to Chemtrail Religion Orthodoxy is denounced as a heretic and shunned.

This isn't a .gov or .edu site, or a scientific journal site, where members have untold resources to undertake years of scientific study to publish findings. It is a site that has 'speculation' on theories that everyday people identify, and try to make sense of things on hidden research they may not be privy to.

I agree 100%! That's why we have The Gray Area.

Surely you don't believe all technology and information is given to you from 30 year old textbooks now, do you??

Of course not! But if you read the thirty year old textbooks, you would know that they describe contrails back then. They are not new.

Serious question. Why the concern?

Because ATS is one of the few reputable sites of this nature. The Chemtrail Forum brings it a giant step closer to being Godlike Productions. If you want to post wild speculations unsupported by any facts, perhaps you should take them there.

Edit to add: You still haven't explained why you think the Forum is necessary!
edit on 10-2-2014 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Because geo-engineering and chemtrails (jet emissions) are joined at the hip and efforts to artificially separate them create a situation like where are the boys? and where are the girls?

Exactly how are sending jets of water from the ocean into the air and chemtrails joined at the hip? How is painting roofs white and chemtrails joined at the hip? How are artificial trees and chemtrails joined at the hip? On the other hand, how is spraying Morgellons disease from airplanes geo-engineering? How is dispersing chaff from airplanes geo-engineering?

SRM, full blown, would look exactly like the skies look now - full of it.

Why do you think that? What color is sulfur dioxide (Hint: it's not fluffy white.)

Because geo-engineering is not so much a science as it is a conspiracy enabling gross polluters, like airlines, to continue with business as usual.

If geo-engineering is a cover for polluting, why not publicize it so that people like the practice?

Because geo-engineering is not about sound ecological practices. It's about money.

Who is making all this money? Its certainly not the airlines. They are all going bankrupt, merging or getting bailed out by their governments. Where's the money you are talking about?

[Chemtrails are intimately tied up with geo-engineering because, like this thread, and that been here before feeling, they give us what, for debunkers, can only be called a time warp view of how wild the future skies will look.

I'm not even sure what this statement is supposed to mean.

Why not solicit interest for a "I survived putting up a thread in the geo-chem forum" if you are feeling vulnerable and put upon.

I'm not the one feeling vulnerable. You are the one who is scared witless that your precious Chemtrail Forum will be taken away. Now, please be so kind as to provide a reason why it shouldn't be!

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
What "proof" is required and how much "proof" do you need? There's lots of "proof" out there. Whether you believe the proof, is a totally different thing.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

What "proof" is required and how much "proof" do you need? There's lots of "proof" out there. Whether you believe the proof, is a totally different thing.

Once again, this thread is not about whether or not persistent contrails are 'really' chemtrails. It is about whether or not this site should have a forum dedicated to chemtrails, and if it should, whether or not geo-engineering should be lumped into it. Do you have an opinion?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Okay... before I proceed to my summing up, would somebody please complete the following sentence:

'ATS needs a Chemtrail Forum because __________________________________.'

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

DJW001
Okay... before I proceed to my summing up, would somebody please complete the following sentence:

'ATS needs a Chemtrail Forum because __________________________________.'

....because ATS is about the free flow of ideas and open discussion of unconventional ideas and/or theories, even when (or especially when) those can appear to be contrary to popular belief of commonly held wisdom.

That ought to be reason enough, to my thinking ....but you did ask.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thank you! So... were Chemtrail Theorists unable to post in the years before the forum was established? If they were able to post, what need does the forum actually meet?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Actually a brilliant idea,

Not sure why the ATS owners haven't taken this approach if the site motto is "deny ignorance".

Nothing gets censored and might actually create more traffic where serious discussion can be had about proposed and past geo engineering programs and where chemtrails can be speculated about in a highly specuilative forum. does ATS have one, I believe they do.

DJW001 has proposed something that a first look does look controversial and might seem like they are attempting to censor discussion, however read all DJs posts in this thread of theirs including their replies and explain how its not the best option for ATS and its members.

Might not be better for the casual reader if the site has a purpose other than what it says its for but anything else I post will only get me in trouble, or i suspect it might so I will leave it at that.

Great proposal once again DJ, great replies to explain your point of view and I have to agree on all your points even when other posters brought up UFOs, your replies actually make quite a bit of sense.

Or you are a shill and have used your powers of manipulation the Gubmint has taught you to butter me up, or you have similar programing as I do as I seem to understand your point of view on this topic of discussion you bring up.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Exactly how are sending jets of water from the ocean into the air and chemtrails joined at the hip? How is painting roofs white and chemtrails joined at the hip? How are artificial trees and chemtrails joined at the hip? On the other hand, how is spraying Morgellons disease from airplanes geo-engineering? How is dispersing chaff from airplanes geo-engineering?

These are questions that get addressed in the chem-geo forum - the one you want to get rid of. The one you've only used once.

Why do you think that? What color is sulfur dioxide (Hint: it's not fluffy white.)

So what are you saying now? Explosive volcanoes turn the sky yellow?

If geo-engineering is a cover for polluting, why not publicize it so that people like the practice?

Geo-engineering is a conspiracy, not a science. It advocates putting more pollution into the atmosphere rather than cutting emissions. It purports to understand atmospheric chemistry and processes. It is the same as chemtrails - just re-branded and re-packaged because jet emissions to cool us off and act as sunblock never got swallowed. And studies over time showed that they were having the opposite effect: a net warming. The NSA, the thought police, has become the marketing arm of the military, and, chemtrails, morphing to geo-engineering, is the result.

Who is making all this money? Its certainly not the airlines. They are all going bankrupt, merging or getting bailed out by their governments. Where's the money you are talking about?

Again...there is a forum (the geo-chem forum) in which to discuss these issues. There's a lot of money to be made in predicting the weather - it impacts on a lot of industries and agriculture. There have been a few incredible threads about this in that forum.

I'm not even sure what this statement is supposed to mean.

It's the forest for the trees. We all by now are so used to seeing trashed skies that we think it's normal and has always been this way.

You are the one who is scared witless that your precious Chemtrail Forum will be taken away.

Respectfully, I think your assessment is wrong. I enjoy the chem-geo forum a great deal - that's true. It brings together in one forum several different passions of mine: environment, atmospheric visibility and classified weapons. To me, these areas of interest become joined in that forum.

Just venturing here but perhaps your conundrum with the chem-geo forum has more to do with blinders than with facts.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   

These are questions that get addressed in the chem-geo forum - the one you want to get rid of. The one you've only used once.

That is not an answer. The only time these options get discussed is when a critic of the Chemtrail Theory bring them up, if at all.

Geo-engineering is a conspiracy, not a science. It advocates putting more pollution into the atmosphere rather than cutting emissions. It purports to understand atmospheric chemistry and processes. It is the same as chemtrails - just re-branded and re-packaged because jet emissions to cool us off and act as sunblock never got swallowed. And studies over time showed that they were having the opposite effect: a net warming. The NSA, the thought police, has become the marketing arm of the military, and, chemtrails, morphing to geo-engineering, is the result.

Again, that does not answer the question I posed. Why don't the thought police brainwash us into thinking that chemtrails are a good thing? Chemtrails are morphing into geo-engineering only in the minds of people who understand neither meteorology nor airplanes.

Again...there is a forum (the geo-chem forum) in which to discuss these issues. There's a lot of money to be made in predicting the weather - it impacts on a lot of industries and agriculture. There have been a few incredible threads about this in that forum.

In reviewing the contents of the forum, I cannot find a single thread about this topic. Please provide links to some. Oh, and I notice that most of the serious threads about geo-engineering have been started by chemtrail skeptics. We all agree it would be a bad idea.

It's the forest for the trees. We all by now are so used to seeing trashed skies that we think it's normal and has always been this way.

I think everyone agrees that there have been more contrails as air traffic has increased. Not everyone is afraid of them, however.

Respectfully, I think your assessment is wrong. I enjoy the chem-geo forum a great deal - that's true. It brings together in one forum several different passions of mine: environment, atmospheric visibility and classified weapons. To me, these areas of interest become joined in that forum.

So you are convinced that contrails are a form of weapon? Why deploy it against your own forces? (Of course, Napoleon fired off cannons to cause it to rain on the battlefield. How do you suppose that worked out for him?) In any event, you would be welcome to post your speculations elsewhere if there were no Chemtrail Forum. Members did so for years before the forum was created.

Just venturing here but perhaps your conundrum with the chem-geo forum has more to do with blinders than with facts.

I have no conundrum with the Chem-Geo Forum. It simply needs to be abolished so that people like you actually have to work to make your case.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I think that if It is ATS policy to place reptilian themed threads in Skunk works, separate from the Aliens and UFO's forum, then DJ's request actually holds water.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Oh, and I notice that most of the serious threads about geo-engineering have been started by chemtrail skeptics. We all agree it would be a bad idea.

I think that within your "we all" contingent there are some serious environmental deviants. Anyone who will spend almost 24/7 defending our trashed skies has, imo, issues.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

That would be the Air force then??

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul

That would be the Air force then??

Here then: just for little old literal you!:

Anyone in the chem-geo forum who would spend almost 24/7 defending the trashing of our skies has, imo, serious issues.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Anyone in the chem-geo forum who would spend almost 24/7 defending the trashing of our skies has, imo, serious issues.
Who's "defending" the formation of contrails? They are a consequence of air transport. Or are you saying that air transport should be banned?

I wonder what the net effect on pollution of that would be. It would certainly increase surface transportation.
I suppose it might fall under the category of unintentional geoengineering. Got any data we can chew over?

edit on 2/10/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

luxordelphi

Just as well there's no-one doing that then - phew - I'd hate to think there were people here on ATS who had serious issues!!

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

luxordelphi
reply to post by DJW001

Oh, and I notice that most of the serious threads about geo-engineering have been started by chemtrail skeptics. We all agree it would be a bad idea.

I think that within your "we all" contingent there are some serious environmental deviants. Anyone who will spend almost 24/7 defending our trashed skies has, imo, issues.

Ah, so you couldn't find any of those great threads about who profits from chemtrails that you claimed were in the forum, so you are resorting to name calling. Typical behavior in that forum; yet another good reason to shut it down. (Though that would probably go double for the 9/11 Forum!)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Lord, Phage, this is the business & board questions forum. The, apparently, new hang-out for those bruised in the chem-geo forum. But, whatever, I don't mind growing the chem-geo forum to include and encompass board & business.

Who's "defending" the formation of contrails?

Those defending geo-engineered skies via chemtrails are those who continue to say how normal it all is and that these trashed skies have gone on since the dawn of man so ho hum.

Or are you saying that air transport should be banned?

Persistent contrail mitigation technology exists and has existed for some time.

I wonder what the net effect on pollution of that would be.

The atmosphere reacts differently to pollution than lungs. Net effects to look at are dimming, warming and drought as precursors to far more serious effects.

Got any data we can chew over?

There have been some recent threads on the latest IPCC report. (In geo-chem; not board & business.)

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Nice attempt to derail the thread. Could you please explain why you find it necessary to have a Chemtrail Forum? Why not post in the General Conspiracies Forum if you don't like Skunk Works or The Gray Area?

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Lord, Phage, this is the business & board questions forum.
I see. That's why you chose it for your bit of psychiatric diagnosis:

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join