It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Can’t make this up’! NC NAACP tells voter ID protesters to bring photo ID to Moral March [pic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Oh the irony. It burns! LOLZ

Leftist activists, including members of North Carolina NAACP, are in Raleigh, North Carolina, today for the so-called Moral March. Their mission? To screech about everything from abortion restrictions to fast-food wages.

And it's their right to do so.

I have no problem with people marching, expressing themselves.

Then there is this. . . .

As bused-in protesters and professional agitators prepared to promote their progressive causes — including oh-so-racist voter ID requirements — the state NAACP told participants make sure to have photo ID handy “at all times.” According to the “Important Dos and Don’ts for Marchers!!!” you should bring a “driver’s license, passport or other valid photo id” to the march.

Linky

Funny. I find it amusing.

As always, read, ignore, or simply change your name to Gomez and move to Palau. It's entirely up to you.

beez

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Oh brother!
You really can't make this stuff up! The sheer idiocy shown by these people is truly astounding. I just don't know how to react beyond what I've written. The world is truly a scary place!

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Well it is always a good idea to have identification on you. You know, incase you are arrested, carded for beer, or a bomb goes off and they need to identify you....

I keep identification in my car (with emergency contact info) incase of an unlikely event.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Bwhahahhaaaaaaaaaaahahaaaaaaaaaaa!

But,but,but,but,but that's 'discrimination' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
LOL!

That get's even better:

DO NOT carry a pocket knife,nail file or any object which may be misconstrued as a weapon.

When did the NAACP change their name to the TSA ?
edit on 8-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
North Carolina is trying to enable strict photo ID laws so it's really a no brainer to tell people to bring their ID with them. In 2013, the state House passed a bill that requires voters to show a photo ID when they go to the polls by 2016. This is just a way of telling the people who want a separate voter ID that it isn't needed because they already have a photo ID.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

buster2010
North Carolina is trying to enable strict photo ID laws so it's really a no brainer to tell people to bring their ID with them. In 2013, the state House passed a bill that requires voters to show a photo ID when they go to the polls by 2016. This is just a way of telling the people who want a separate voter ID that it isn't needed because they already have a photo ID.

LOL. Is that the spin talking point for this? They enumerate what, 20 things on that list. And only one of those items is an instruction to bring along a prop for their protest. Every single other thing on there relates to safety and comfort.

Yeah....not buying it. From someone outside of the dual party system, it looks kind of silly to even try that position. No one will believe outside of your political group. And they will only pretend to believe it to save face.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That's hilarious.

I only have one other thing to say about this...

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Is that the spin talking point for this?

It might be. Every time I read one of "Buster's" posts, I tend to hear Valerie Jarrett's voice.

See ya buddy,
Milt

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

buster2010

LOL. Is that the spin talking point for this? They enumerate what, 20 things on that list. And only one of those items is an instruction to bring along a prop for their protest. Every single other thing on there relates to safety and comfort.

Yeah....not buying it. From someone outside of the dual party system, it looks kind of silly to even try that position. No one will believe outside of your political group. And they will only pretend to believe it to save face.

I'm getting the same kind of B.S. argument from an ultra lib friend of mine on FB regarding this very subject. The mind, it's boggled.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
One thing I have learned by pointing this article out to people is this:

Liberals are completely and utterly unable to recognize or appreciate irony, especially when it applies to themselves.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
It must be a hidden plot for sure !!

If you actually have an I.D., they can be suspicious of you.

They can assume you might be a conservative infiltrator.

LOL

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

ProfessorChaos
One thing I have learned by pointing this article out to people is this:

Liberals are completely and utterly unable to recognize or appreciate irony, especially when it applies to themselves.

Yeah they do have problems with these:

Irony:

Hypocrisy:

cognitive dissonance:

For some odd reason they think they have none.

They have tons of it.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

buster2010
Yeah that's it.

****Man I really miss that eye rolling emoticon - right about now LOL****

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

xuenchen
It must be a hidden plot for sure !!

If you actually have an I.D., they can be suspicious of you.

They can assume you might be a conservative infiltrator.

LOL

If you have ID you are acknowledging that you are part of and agree with, the system and thereby can be easily criminalized according to the rules of the system.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

FINE! I'll laugh. Just this time.

I am with their cause on this but that is very stupid and very funny. You know somebody had to question it before they printed it out. I wonder what the justification was?

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Cuervo
reply to post by beezzer

I am with their cause on this but that is very stupid and very funny. You know somebody had to question it before they printed it out. I wonder what the justification was?

I have no idea.

Perhaps they were thinking that anyone without an ID might not be whom they say they are.

Thus, the irony.

And to all, even Buster, thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

beezzer

Cuervo
reply to post by beezzer

I have no idea.

Perhaps they were thinking that anyone without an ID might not be whom they say they are.

Thus, the irony.

And to all, even Buster, thanks for posting.

Maybe the answer is simpler than that. Some people believe that what they demand of others shouldn't be asked of them. And don't try to confuse them with logic or facts, that simply won't work.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   
They did NOT say "You can't come to the march if you don't have a valid ID," nor did they say "protest organizers may challenge you for your ID to make sure it is valid and you are able to attend the march," they merely recommended it in case someone is arrested.

To me, it is a common sense list of things that one should bring/be prepared for at a massive march/protest. I suppose you could call it ironic that they recommend having a valid ID, but again, these are only guidelines, not laws.

peace,
AB

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
You can't do anything else in this country without a valid ID, even get arrested, but heaven forbid we ask anyone to bring one when they vote ...

Oh, irony, it burns sometimes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join