It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John McCain: U.S. must arm Syria rebels to deter Iran from nuclear ambitions

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
First we had to arm them because Syria allegedly had WMD. Now we have to arm them because of Iran? I guess they think we're all idiots. Don't they know only some of us are?

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Not necessarily, if the word of the president was all it took, we would have bombed Syria right after the chemical weapons dust up. As I recall, no one wanted that, including congress, so he had nowhere to go.
reply to post by ketsuko

If I recall, if there wasn't pressure from the public against bombing Syria (following Britain's house of commons voting against involvement in Syria), President Obama would have by-passed congress and bombed Syria. I would very much question if McCain would have caved into the same kind of pressure.

McCain was already gung-ho on bombing Iran during his run for the presidency. During a town hall meeting, his response to what he would do about the situation in Iran was conveyed to the reporter by him singing a take on the Beach Boys Barbra Ann song...Bomb, bomb Iran.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

Is Iran playing both sides in Syria to draw in the USA?

No USA has become a tool of the Globalists drawing all countries into a nightmare WW 3

If the US were to cease to exist tomorrow Australia could get on with real living, but alas we'll be drawn into the conflagration

www.globalresearch.ca...
from Henry Kissinger

“The United States is bating China and Russia, and the final nail in the coffin will be Iran, which is, of course, the main target of Israel. We have allowed China to increase their military strength and Russia to recover from Sovietization, to give them a false sense of bravado, this will create an all together faster demise for them. We’re like the sharp shooter daring the noob to pick up the gun, and when they try, it’s bang bang. The coming war will will be so severe that only one superpower can win, and that’s us folks. This is why the EU is in such a hurry to form a complete superstate because they know what is coming, and to survive, Europe will have to be one whole cohesive state. Their urgency tells me that they know full well that the big showdown is upon us. O how I have dreamed of this delightful moment.” “Control oil and you control nations; control food and you control the people.”

en.wikipedia.org...

Wikileaks has reported that the US government has been covertly funding the Syrian opposition.[30] Special Activities Division teams are speculated to have been deployed to Syria during the uprising to ascertain rebel groups, leadership and potential supply routes.[31] In early September 2013, President Obama told U.S. Senators that the CIA had trained the first 50-man insurgent element and that they had been inserted into Syria.[32] The deployment of this unit and the supplying of weapons may be the first tangible measure of support since the U.S. stated they would begin providing assistance to the opposition.[

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

As I said, no one wanted to go. Obama might have side-stepped Congress, true, but he wasn't going to go against the public that openly. He had support from no one, right or left, in the public opinion forum.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheConstruKctionofLight

Umm, they're not doing it covertly. At least, everyone who reads right-o-sphere blogs knows that we're funding them, but then, it's something the admin is doing on its own without Congressional approval so of course, the right-o-sphere blogs are covering that.

There is some division of opinion there, too. Basically, anyone who lives "inside the beltway" is somewhat supportive of the move, and everyone else hates it. "Inside the beltway" is a term that means a Washington, DC insider, someone more at home in the capital than in touch with the rest of the country. Another good way to term it is "out of touch."

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
May u burn in eternal hell mccain...

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jhn7537

The enemy of my enemy is my friend...

The USA has few friends, all they have is bought shills, puppet dicators who serve US interests, (Saddam Hussein, Shah Iran, etc)
I mean your whole econnomy is predicated on the US $ petrodollar, sellings arms, exporting its inflation into third world countries while the general populace are dumbed down in their cheap Chinese goods. Your education system (?) and lack of jobs provides cannon fodder for your military foot soldiers

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ausername

along with improper and incomplete use of force

incomplete use of force hahahaha

Thats why they said you failed to win Vietnam war

However
September 9th, 2013
Spare us the hypocrisy over chemical weapons, America. What about Agent Orange?
blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

Unsurprisingly, it turned out that Agent Orange, so effective in killing plantlife, was not great for humankind, either. Tens of thousands of Vietnamese have died as a result of this poison that the Americans monsooned down on them, and such is the evilness of the dioxin within Agent Orange, even today children in the third generation are being born with hideous deformities.

Why the humanitarian crises refugees and the millions killed in the last 50 years are not large enough stats for you to whipe the blinkers from your eyes to see that the blood is on US heads
How do you sleep at night?

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Why can't we ever seem to learn from our own mistakes?

Because their are no longer any mistakes right or wrong, only economic interest, we live in a distopian orwellian society where you information is fed to you through Wall St and. As the food makes its way through your digestive system it is poisoned by toxic aliens in your gut and brain and comes out in explosive "farts" that land on every other nation on earth.

You no longer have a government representing the "demos" You have a fascist/corporate funded Congress and House that represents the will of the Corporation, the people are the expendable fodder

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Rubber stamps the war on terror as BS.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

May u burn in eternal hell mccain...

Thats like me saying may all "US burn in hell", after all you allow the system to continue. Wake up we are in hell and and we all pay the price

"Feed them Bread and Circuses to stop them waking up"

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Hmmm.

Sep 10, 2013

(Reuters) - The United States has begun distributing some weapons to the Syrian rebels, a spokesman for the Syrian Coalition of groups opposed to President Bashar al-Assad said on Tuesday, after months of reported delays.

White House officials suggested in June that President Barack Obama had decided to provide military aid to the Syrian rebels, but in the months since, rebel leaders and U.S. lawmakers have said no lethal assistance has arrived.

______

Separately, Secretary of State John Kerry said on Tuesday that Washington was trying to upgrade its support for the Syrian opposition.

"It is ramping up, but I can tell you that many of the items that people have complained were not getting (to) them are now getting to them," Kerry said in a Google+ Hangout interview. He declined to say what military items were arriving.

U.S. providing some lethal aid to Syrian rebels: opposition spokesman

Hmmm.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Whatever happened to that arms treaty people were on about? I thought US couldn't arm other countries with small arms ect.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

As they say, rules are defined by their exceptions.

I'm starting to think we can figure now where the 20,000 M-16's stolen out of Kuwait ended up last year. Either way, it seems the prohibition on supporting terrorist organizations doesn't apply ... interference in the internal affairs of a UN member nation doesn't apply.... Meddling in a civil war doesn't matter...and of course, violating a brand new small arms treaty? Well, they haven't had time to even read that yet. Should that count?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Hell I dunno anymore bro heh. I cringe though every time I see civil war footage. Plenty of it out there. A lot of whats happening right now reminds me of that pnac agenda written way back. I was surprised to see anyone would follow up with it after getting the chem weps out of Syria. The diplomatic approach to Iran seemed to be working well.

At the same time exists this dire urge on the part of some people to be "deeply engaged" with the world. I would suppose most Americans just want to live life and be left alone, just like anyone else.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

I would suppose most Americans just want to live life and be left alone, just like anyone else.

I think that covers the vast majority of Americans, IMO. The need to play across the globe like a big board game seems to be among the leadership and those with no personal stakes beyond looking stupid if it all fails.

Others guts, for their glory..and I think we're all sick of that idea, to be honest.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
The big boys think they'll all be stinking rich, and America will thank them if they win the oil wars whose era we are entering now.....
There are only so many big deposits......and if we cant have them, then by god well irradiate them for a billion years...and the rest of the country they are in too!
So give us all your oil.....or youll be an axis of evil.....

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   

well, I think what it was, was when George Bush Senior was talking about a New World Order, you guys know this speech- I personally took the "kinder gentler America" part as a new way of looking at the world, righting wrongs-you know, getting back to being good people, respectful of our neighbors, utilizing and building a virtually non existent diplomatic core ect. Not so much this thing where we go bomb every country in the world.

War literally is "the law of the jungle." Its barbaric, brutal, lawless unbecoming of mankind. A total failure in every sense of the word, civil. I think its good to be cautious like Mr. McCain there seems to be, I just don't know that us getting involved over there is consistent with the above. Still though, as a normal American, Id just assume we all dump this terrorist mindset nonsense and get on with life, all of us, globally. Quit the damn wars already and go the hell home. Go enjoy life.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:18 AM
link   
War creates instability and the chance for someone else to gain control. That someone else in today's world is the US. The War mindset isn't leaving the US leadership anytime soon. History shows the US leadership desire to meddle anywhere, all the time.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

ausername
reply to post by buster2010

It's disappointing to see seemingly intelligent people get so hung up by either a left or right wing perspective that they become either unable or incapable of seeing the bigger picture.

Don't let your bias blind you to everything else.

Wow that's funny, I was going to say the same thing to you.

One of your other post you stated...

Not going in when it could have made a huge difference for the Syrian people was an epic mistake.

Going in was the mistake. The Free Syrian Army is not of or fighting for the Syrian people it is an outside force made up of foreign nationals, mercenaries and known terrorist organizations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join