It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
People in Africa must know love best. Afterall they are the people of this planet who are struggling the most but despite keep going on each day, going down fighting for whatever it is they believe.

In the West which I assume most people considered the most highest and advanced, people are struggling with love the most and know it the least. Just look at their democratically chosen highest authority how they deal with it; they point out weaknesses and prescribe drugs.

Why can't power be based on love in this world? To rally everyone to aid Africa, to give them the means to express themselves and infractructure so everyone can see those expressions. It is so obvious what must be there in certain African countries in the spiritual is what people in the West need most while what the West has in the material is what African countries need most. Why can't the two learn how to exchange this?

Ofcourse I'm from a Western country. Other countries like Russia might also tell the West about what they think is love, but ofcourse they have nukes and military assets and a history with western societies making things more difficult.

Why don't people talk more about it in an organized fashion, is it because of misconceptions about love which make it impossible anyone ever starts about it? I hope someone takes action before it is too late and people start a war trying to impose each others' ideas about love to one another by force because talking about it didn't happen.

Seriously, many worlds are becoming exposed to eachother and it is obvious they are very different but how many people understand this and what if people found out suddenly through something going viral and nukes fly about.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
To me love is just another weapon people use to harm each other. At least that's what happens to me, the second I let down my guard I'm stabbed in the back and cut down by those I love. They were brilliant and I trusted them but they lied to me, twisted and tortured me and manipulated me for their own purpose.

Love is what tore me apart and left me as nothing more than a shadow of what I once was. One thing I must add is that no not all love is bad. It's a double edged sword gotta be careful.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by spiritspeak

Before we can love we must destroy the ego and become love.
We are being divided by our Governments with all these financial cutbacks. Our energy is focused on the wrong place...

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
You can not expect someone to love you, if you do not love yourself. To love yourself is so important, but then again, few people know it.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Like anything love can be used for better or worse.

How about an act of love, a project to build colonies in African nations that'll be used as summer camps for North American and European children. Every few years a new colony is built because the old one is out of fashion and the locals can have the old ones. If we could expose them to eachother, both would learn about love and trading. People could play virtual battlefield games, either against eachother or by hunting animals and it could go on forever.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Many nations have attempted to help and aid Africa, but the corruption and evil within' that continent is so far out of control that people have just literally given up. It's a classic case of biting the hand that feeds you.
Now, there are some nations in Africa which have embraced world help, and communities which love life. But greed always gets in the way, and that is one of the biggest killers of love, is greedy people. Just like a relationship between two people who love one another, it can be broken easily with one party being greedy, hence the term, the grass is always greener on the other side.
And in cases such as 'you don't know what you have until it's gone' comes into play with not only a two person relationship but in world politics, nations, etc. Help and aid is sent to a nation, and they throw it back in the faces of who is trying to help, or ego gets in the way and they do not accept, until one day they realize "oops we shouldn't have done that" and by time that happens it's too late.

All these 'figures of speech' have meanings for a reason. They are all general terms to describe life, and people use them so loosely now days that they really don't see the consequences of what has happened until, it's too late.

I wrote this note a while ago on my facebook, and this thread reminded me of it.

In 1994 a small country split into two 'tribes' of ethnicities if you will, was forced into a genocide that no one would forget, that was of course Rwanda. More then 800,000 people were killed in less then a month, not with guns or gas, or bombs and missiles, but brutal massacre with crude beatings and machete. After that happened, the media and the world said it would never happen again, and the world would not turn a blind eye to Africa when in need.
Well that time is now and we have turned the blind eye to once again. The Middle East, Israel taking over a small portion of land known as the Gaza strip, it's probably the oldest strip of land that hasn't changed its name or was abandoned in this world but still, what purpose does it have on the world? Why the Middle East is so fascinating that it directs all attention to it, yet in the Congo right now hundreds of people die a day, and in Zimbabwe a once prosperous country that fed its neighbors is in peril and we turn a blind eye to it. I don't understand the media; if it doesn't have to do with the United States or Russia the world doesn't want to know, if it has the word Africa in it people don't care.

I read the news paper everyday and I dread turning to the section labeled 'World' I just know I will see a picture of someone lying lifeless on the ground covered in blood, with someone looking over the corpse of that person wondering what the hell is going on, and I expect to see the words "35 People killed in Suicide Blast" it's almost a daily thing to see that, but when 500 people die in Africa, it doesn't even get published. Why does the world turn a blind eye to Africa? Why do we spend so much time worrying about the Middle East when thousands of people are dying a week in Africa ... it boggles my mind, I can't even begin to imagine what else the media isn't covering for the rest of the world

I think people are sort of 'used' to this sort of thing in Africa, people tend to forget what is really going on over there. And worst of all, the world just accepts that Africa is like this, it's sort of a way for people to remind themselves in a macabre way that they are better off than them, and it should stay that way, because deep down it makes themselves feel good.
edit on 8-2-2014 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I don't believe "people in Africa" know best what love is. (First, Africa is an entire continent - made up of many nations - large cities, small towns, villages, rural lands, deserts, jungles, forests, savannahs, etc. - and many different people of color, religion, and so forth.)

In some areas of the continent of Africa, there have been civil wars, tribal clashes, genocide, unspeakable violence against one another. I don't call that love.

Not singling out Africa - violence and hatred occur worldwide.

If you mean that people who have very little manage to get up each day and try to live, well that happens across the globe. India, Mexico, Ukraine -- you name it, people get up and try to stay alive and get a little joy out of life.

Love is in the hearts of those who love unconditionally. Not bound by geography.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Africa = Rape continent

Enuff' said.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

spiritspeak
People in Africa must know love best. Afterall they are the people of this planet who are struggling the most but despite keep going on each day, going down fighting for whatever it is they believe.

You could say that about Mexico too, Africa isn't the only place on earth that has so many hardships to where love is all that's left to make the people feel good. That's what love has been reduced to. The scrapings on the bottom of the barrel.

In the West which I assume most people considered the most highest and advanced, people are struggling with love the most and know it the least. Just look at their democratically chosen highest authority how they deal with it; they point out weaknesses and prescribe drugs.

I understand where you're coming from and I agree. What you're doing though is taking a birds eye view of it all and making blanket judgements. What's worse, you pointed out how the leaders act and assume that the people they''re leading act the same way. That's not the case. People vote for the one's who are in power because those are the only choices given. Whatever election it is we're talking about, people are left voting for the lesser of two evils that don't have any goals in common with the people doing the voting. Think about it. What on earth does politics have to do with anything that you and I do on a daily basis to get by? Nothing that I can see, which is why I don't listen to politicians. They don't have anything to say that I need to hear.

Why can't power be based on love in this world?

Because people like me would be in charge and God forbid if THAT should happen.

To rally everyone to aid (Insert any impoverished country), to give them the means to express themselves and infractructure so everyone can see those expressions. It is so obvious what must be there in certain African countries in the spiritual is what people in the West need most while what the West has in the material is what African countries need most. Why can't the two learn how to exchange this?

Because people in the highest tiers of international governance don't want that to happen. Their control system would be broken. If common people like you and me ran the show, things would be radically different. The control mechanisms that are now in place would be gone, people the world over would be more on the same level and you would see more peace than you could shake an AK 47 at. For some reason, that possibility scares the hell out of the most powerful people on the planet.

Why don't people talk more about it in an organized fashion, is it because of misconceptions about love which make it impossible anyone ever starts about it?

No. It's because love is very subjective. Everyone has their own ideas about what love is which makes it a very disorganized emotion if you try to get everyone on the same page. What I'm talking about of course is the level that most people associate love with, which is a singular and personal level. What you're talking about is love that is more closely associated with compassion, which is a very general type. This is the type of love that people practice when the singular and personal type doesn't pan out for them. They try to get with someone to love them, it doesn't work out for some reason, so they take it, water it down, and turn it into compassion. The thing is, most people these days wouldn't know general compassion if it came up and bit them in the a**. People are so suspect of others and paranoid that they have hidden agendas behind anything good they might do, that they shut the door.

I hope someone takes action before it is too late and people start a war trying to impose each others' ideas about love to one another by force because talking about it didn't happen.

No offense, but have you been living under a rock? People have been doing this for thousands of years. Why do you think wars start? Because people have agendas they want to push on other people. More times than not, those agendas center around ideologies that the leaders consider to be morally upright and progressive. So when they can't talk sense into whatever "savages" they are dealing with, they start a war and kill them. That'll show 'em who's moral huh?

Seriously, many worlds are becoming exposed to each other and it is obvious they are very different but how many people understand this and what if people found out suddenly through something going viral and nukes fly about.

You're right, this world has become very small through technology. When you get to the top though, those people aren't going to be pushing the red buttons because of things they see on Youtube. They may be crazy but they aint stupid. They way it's going, I don't see a nuclear wasteland in the future. There would be too much control and money to be lost in that scenario. All I see is the divide between the rich and poor getting wider, and the whole concept of love more foreign to people on both ends.

I like the premise you put forth OP, but you're kind of all over the map with it. The best thing I can tell you is that if you want love, check out of the rat race enough to where you can make love in your own little corner of the world because you're not really going to find it elsewhere. That might not be what you want to hear, but according to your own rant I think you already see that.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Which Africans are you referring to? Ethiopians, Egyptians?

Are you talking of the love of Rwanda genocide?

The love of rape, child marriages, and female circumcision in various African communities?

Stop saying "The West". If you have a particular person you are speaking of, spill it. Otherwise all you're doing is feeding into the same mass propaganda nonsense that infects thoughts like a bad case of the flu.

Why can't power be based on love in this world? To rally everyone to aid Africa, to give them the means to express themselves and infractructure so everyone can see those expressions. It is so obvious what must be there in certain African countries in the spiritual is what people in the West need most while what the West has in the material is what African countries need most. Why can't the two learn how to exchange this?

Free market is the best way to "express yourself" and build "infrastructure". Also being raped and having my clitoris cut off is not my idea of what the "West" needs. I like my clitoris and orgasms very much, thank you. I think I will spiritually keep myself right like I am.

Ofcourse I'm from a Western country. Other countries like Russia might also tell the West about what they think is love, but ofcourse they have nukes and military assets and a history with western societies making things more difficult.

How bout' you speak to each person as an individual. The West this, Germany that, Africa this....it's all nonsense. Statist, nonsense.

Why don't people talk more about it in an organized fashion, is it because of misconceptions about love which make it impossible anyone ever starts about it? I hope someone takes action before it is too late and people start a war trying to impose each others' ideas about love to one another by force because talking about it didn't happen.

My idea of love should have nothing to do with your ideas of love. The problem with the world is not that everyone is doing things in an organized fashion, after all, that's what government is. The problem is that there are people who think like you, who need to stop telling everyone else what the best way of doing something is. Whether it be Africa or America as the center ideal, in the end the world is full of tiny single units of human capital known as people. Each person is different and has the potential to be whatever and however they want. If those out there will just get out of other's #ing way with ideas of perfect places and perfect people, they can use their unit of human capital freely. It's because of people like that(the controllers) that Democracies, Theocracies, Communist, and other governments exist.

Seriously, many worlds are becoming exposed to eachother and it is obvious they are very different but how many people understand this and what if people found out suddenly through something going viral and nukes fly about.

What?

edit on 8-2-2014 by OrphanApology because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Suffering don't increase love, it destroys love. Survival instinct is what keeps people going.

Suffering breeds distrust, self preservation, and a host of mental problems that interfere with love. When a mother is unable to meet her child needs what happens to that child? That child has a hard time learning to understand the concept of love.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

calstorm
Suffering don't increase love, it destroys love.

Love cannot ever be completely destroyed, it's always in there somewhere. If it was destroyed it couldn't have been true love.

Survival instinct is what keeps people going.

Suffering breeds distrust, self preservation, and a host of mental problems that interfere with love. When a mother is unable to meet her child needs what happens to that child? That child has a hard time learning to understand the concept of love.

Thank you for that, even if I don't fully understand yet.

top topics

join