It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP set up phishing sites to trick Democrats into donating to the NRCC

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Gerrymandered districts. voter suppression. And now this. Does this give you an idea of where the Republicans are taking America?

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

rupertg
Gerrymandered districts. voter suppression. And now this. Does this give you an idea of where the Republicans are taking America?

Gerrymandered districts?

Can you show us where?

What laws make that possible?

Is it in the Constitution?

The courts need to know.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

If the President / Democrats can get away with blatantly lying to the American people then so can the Republicans.

The phrase your looking for is Caveat Emptor by the way.

The only thing that could have been done better was to add the phrase - "You can read the terms of the donation but only after you donate".

it worked for Obamacare.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I have a strong feeling most of you are as guilty as those fools who were parted from their money. I see a few people managed to actually read/look at the ad enough to come to a conclusion on these 3 points

1) Nothing illegal occured
2) One should probably read documents/flyers/posters/etc before you hurriedly throw money at a "cause" you have no idea about
3) No one's fault but their own. They were not tricked or swindled, This wasn't a infomercial with a 10 paragraph size 2 small print that scrolls for 2.5 seconds and disappears.

I really don't understand why people are screaming ILLEGAL and TREACHEROUS~!
There was absolutely no laws violated...except for common sense not being exercised by those money dumpers
It's ok though, they can go find another picture and click donate to make things better! Hallelelelulejah.

(I hear hilary clinton might want your money)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Legal or illegal it doesn't really matter. This type of behavior is childish at best. Isn't the point of politics to debate ideas and implement the best one? Tricks like this are childish and despicable, to say nothing of being an admission of being unable to compete on an intellectual basis. At some point people need to say no more and just not vote for people using them.

To those supporting this, how would you like it if I made websites of the candidates you like and designed them to intentionally trick supporters? People like this just need removed from society.
edit on 9-2-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

xuenchen
reply to post by LDragonFire

Where there's smoke there's fire...

Officials found guilty in Obama, Clinton ballot petition fraud

Catch "one", a dozen get away.

It still doesn't show widespread voter or election fraud even if a dozen got away. And the total number would include both dem and rep as crime is akin to both parties. The known conviction rate federally in the past decade doesn't justify rep changing election law. These websites publicly show a dishonesty in politics today that is extreme and must be reeled in.
edit on 8-2-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

The problem with election fraud is how its reported and how its investigated. The state gets first crack at it, and if they decline, it goes to the feds (in general). Their is always a reluctance to investigate and prosecute election fraud simply because it goes against one or both parties, and members aren't going to open the flood gates when it could affect their chances for re-election.

The other issue involves elections being certified. That means the body that oversees elections at state / federal level must agree with the results and sign off on it to make it official. Again, any investigation could cause issues for the person / persons who certified the election.

Its the same issues with the birth certificate fiasco with Obama. Absent the people demanding it, Congress wont investigate it because it would result in the investigation of every single member of Congress who voted for certifying the elections. While it would be bad enough to find out a President is not eligible to be President, that problem would be compounded when you take into account the members of both parties who did not do their due diligence and just rubberstamped the election. It would make them a part of the illegal act (imo)...

As for comments about both parties doing it - Agreed.

The difference in its coverage in the media will be based on which party is in control at the Federal and State level.

With that being said I think there should be a committee made up of citizens who have the ability to review election results in addition to demanding candidates prove they are in fact qualified to hold the office in question.
edit on 9-2-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Aazadan
Legal or illegal it doesn't really matter. This type of behavior is childish at best. Isn't the point of politics to debate ideas and implement the best one? Tricks like this are childish and despicable, to say nothing of being an admission of being unable to compete on an intellectual basis. At some point people need to say no more and just not vote for people using them.

To those supporting this, how would you like it if I made websites of the candidates you like and designed them to intentionally trick supporters? People like this just need removed from society.

I say good luck! The comparative success would be infuriating on your end, I'd wager the amount people you get to "unknowingly" send money without reading the extent of the ad would fit on a common sized school bus. Meanwhile on the other hand, how many tens of thousands of informed politico's sent money for the original ad
Vote Hillarity For President!

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   

ThinkYouSpeak

Aazadan

I say good luck! The comparative success would be infuriating on your end, I'd wager the amount people you get to "unknowingly" send money without reading the extent of the ad would fit on a common sized school bus. Meanwhile on the other hand, how many tens of thousands of informed politico's sent money for the original ad
Vote Hillarity For President!

So you support phishing websites? Or is it only ok because the victims are people on the wrong side of the political aisle?

With some URL rewriting and a few properly formatted links www.wikipedia.com. I could trick you into going to the wrong page and even donating to someone. Maybe I could trick those dirty liberals at the ACLU, they're ruining conservative America. That's 100% ok with you right? How about if I make a website that looks like the NRA's donate page but actually donates to a group that's opposed to gun control? Still ok? What if I just pocket the money instead?

All of this is just stealing because it's taking money from people from a purpose other than what they agreed to.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Aazadan
So you support phishing websites? Or is it only ok because the victims are people on the wrong side of the political aisle?

With some URL rewriting and a few properly formatted links www.wikipedia.com. I could trick you into going to the wrong page and even donating to someone. Maybe I could trick those dirty liberals at the ACLU, they're ruining conservative America. That's 100% ok with you right? How about if I make a website that looks like the NRA's donate page but actually donates to a group that's opposed to gun control? Still ok? What if I just pocket the money instead?

All of this is just stealing because it's taking money from people from a purpose other than what they agreed to.

Let me clearly address everything in a simple yet informative way to end the misuse of the term "PHISHING"

No i do not support phishing websites, i was a victim of ID theft.

Coincidentally you linked to wikipedia yet you still do not understand what happened? There was no DNS modifications, no packets were stolen or modified...it was not a clever mistype-scam website like faecbook.com which could copy said facebook design and steal passwords....

It was a website designed to target political idiots who have no right to donate to any political agenda, rightly so, based on their inability to read before throwing money around. It wasn't a scam site where you get hooked on 10 ez payments of 9.99 and there was absolutely no trickery going on with "fine print" and double meanings. Adults are *expected* to read any and all contracts/paperwork we sign...

:Example: (because people need pictures painted for them)I fail to see how you can look at an advertisement depicting Obama and not read the talking points attached to the picture and throw a fit when you end up donating to some Obammer is the Devil 666 Anti Christ goofy organization.

Once more, it was not a "phishing" attack. you people need to stop throwing around words and misusing them so egregiously it's not a good look.

e: everything you said would be illegal to do, so its comparing apples to elephants. you would be going out of your way to steal data and by your own defition be a phisher. this website was not designed to mimick another rival site...it's not setup to be accessed by means of a common typo -- youtube vs yuotube and lastly, and most importantly, the INTENTION of the site is clear as day if you take the 20 seconds to read it? Once again i am confused
edit on 9-2-2014 by ThinkYouSpeak because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkYouSpeak

Pay attention to this post everyone. It was this attitude that brought our housing market down. It is the ancient snake oil salesman. The guy or banker who mentally condones his immoral behavior by blaming the ignorant masses. It is a childish game that was cute at one time. You are very lucky to be able to sit high on your God Pedastal and condemn the trusting. That is The New Republican Principal disguised in protecting the constitution.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Poor, poor Democrats. You'd think that after Obamacare, they'd have learned by now that sometimes, you really do need to read something in order to find out what's in it.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Heh,if the DNC had done this,you would have the usual Anti Obama circle jerk crowd complaining...

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by greydaze

The OP contains a couple of lies.
1- That there was phishing involved.
2- That there fraud involved.

So the story is premised on lies.

The DNC does it too.
One is just as bad as the other.
edit on b000000282014-02-09T09:23:49-06:0009America/ChicagoSun, 09 Feb 2014 09:23:49 -0600900000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

I get that. But don't the Republicans claim to be more moral?

Other posters have said it and now I believe it, there is no difference in the parties. Everyone wants their freedom of speech, even corporations, associations, and unions without the responsibility of their actions. Except the republicans think the sick, unemployed, disabled, women, bear all their responsibility of poverty.

Was it Justice Roberts that said "money is free speech"?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

ThinkYouSpeak
Coincidentally you linked to wikipedia yet you still do not understand what happened? There was no DNS modifications, no packets were stolen or modified...it was not a clever mistype-scam website like faecbook.com which could copy said facebook design and steal passwords....

I did not link to wikipedia. I linked to google. With a URL rewrite I could have instead linked to my own server designed to look like a wikipedia page with a big donate to keep the site going button, while displaying whatever url I wanted. You might as well count yourself in the tricked group.

I did that to point out the tactic being used with websites like this. A link gets posted to a group supporting whatever political candidate with a message to go donate to them. They goto the website and don't examine it because it's a trusted source (what people consider trusted is part of the problem here), then they goto the big donate button and hit it.

Even if the target is political idiots, they are still people who have a right to not be stolen from.

everything you said would be illegal to do, so its comparing apples to elephants.

Everything I said is what these websites did. That's why they did them.

What these websites are doing is outright theft. Stealing is supposed to be wrong, or is it ok in politics when it's your person doing it?

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Every state and federal prosecutor has it in the best interest to prosecute and get convictions in order to further there political career. AS far as I know there has only been 10ish convictions at the federal level in the last decade hardly a reason to pass voter id laws like the republicans have done in state after state. At one time the hallmark of a state government electing republicans is they would cut education and entitlement spending, now they pass voter id laws based on widespread voter fraud from the other party that doesn't exist.

The republicans lie on a continual basis, these websites are deceitful and this is accepted by the alleged moral majority.
edit on 9-2-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-2-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Yeah, I get that both major parties are ruled by dollars... but one of them is so evil and ignorant, when looked at in a detached way and wearing no team colors... it's obvious.

It's like they're doing it on purpose... a cynical move to appeal to the shallow, intolerant fascists out there... and they are out there.

I am reasonable most of the time, but the GOP is... and grows more, repugnant. The cynical manipulation is just too much... no vision, no plan, nothing but selfishness, promotion of differences rather than commonalities, vapid whining and dirty tricks. Sigh.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

Exactly It doesnt matter.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Thats actually hilarious.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join