It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the Black Triangles?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Did anybody check into that TR-3B i mentioned, i'm sure thats what it is, its supposed too have a 600 foot diameter, and is a black triangle so it sounds exactly like what it is.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Natas says:

"What if it has already proved to be "that damned good" and unchallengable? You think they are going to just sit on it? Leave it in a hangar somewhere? I highly doubt it."

I highly doubt it, either. I also highly doubt that, if the United States actually had a Mighty Top Secret Thingamabob, they'd hardly be wasting billions of dollars on such "obsolete" weapons systems as the F-22 Raptor, F-35 JSF. F/A-18 E/F Super Hornet, AH-64 D Apache Longbow, etc., n'est-ce pas?

Or that they wouldn't be actually using it, right?

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Hey everyone, I have a question, and it's sort of off topic alittle bit but kinda relates to this to.. anyways, my question is, everyone talks about black projects that the U.S. military has with the Government and some say that we have stuff that would make Star Wars look like a thing of the past and that were 30-50 years ahead of what we have now. It's all interesting to read about or hear about and i'm sure we do have some advanced stuff but not to make Star Wars look like the past, probably just little experiments. But in other threads people are talking about all these problems with the F-22 and the F-35 JSF... shouldn't these projects be a cake walk to make and produce, considering the "Star Wars" type stuff we have. so why are we having all these problems with the F-22 and F-35 when were so advanced??

Thanks, Metal fan

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalfan87
Hey everyone, I have a question, and it's sort of off topic alittle bit but kinda relates to this to.. anyways, my question is, everyone talks about black projects that the U.S. military has with the Government and some say that we have stuff that would make Star Wars look like a thing of the past and that were 30-50 years ahead of what we have now. It's all interesting to read about or hear about and i'm sure we do have some advanced stuff but not to make Star Wars look like the past, probably just little experiments. But in other threads people are talking about all these problems with the F-22 and the F-35 JSF... shouldn't these projects be a cake walk to make and produce, considering the "Star Wars" type stuff we have. so why are we having all these problems with the F-22 and F-35 when were so advanced??

Thanks, Metal fan

Great question Metal fan,
Correct me if I'm misinterpreting, but your question breaks down to this:
"If we are 30-50 years ahead technologically then why do we have problems with the F-22 & F35?"

First, I partially agree with your statement (although I tend to think of it being more like 25 yrs ahead), "...I'm sure we do have some advanced stuff but not to make Star Wars look like the past, probably just little experiments"

The DoD throws billions of dollars into black projects every year and most of these are aerospace projects or peripherals of aerospace projects.
Many of these projects may involve a single or small number of functional units.

Has the defense industry produced things that would make "Star Wars" look like the past? No...but they might have developed things that would seem to be on par with "Star Wars" (the movie) technology.

And what then of the question, "If we are 30-50 years ahead technologically then why do we have problems with the F-22 & F35?"
Perhaps there is a 2-fold (maybe more) answer to this...

1. They don't want to reveal/openly use technology prematurely by premiering it on a widely reknowned system like the F-22 or 35.

2. Regardless of the level of technology, any system will have bugs that need to be worked out and the F-22 and 35 are no different. Basically, the level of technology one possesses does not necessarily corespond to the avoidance of bugs in the system that need to be shaken out.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
This is a pretty good discussion. And the 50 years advanced question is a good one. Having heard this statement from two highly credible people I'll give you my interpretation.

As far as the F22 et al programs you have to remember that as a system becomes more complex so do the engineering difficulties associated with it. You get multiple contractors working together and it even gets more complex.. actually political. Even if there are some exceedly far out there technologies developed by the government, there are still problems in engineering and assembly. For instance the F22, as amazing and high tech as it is, the wings are built by hand. And it's one thing to build a couple versus manufacturing hundreds of them and having to justify it to congress and the american people. I have no doubt in my mind that the government could be as far ahead as people claim they are. There are certain things that slow down the scientific process and if they were able to avoid those things which they very well can than their research could be much more accellerated than at a company like Boeing or Lockheed.

Now the Phoenix lights. I could be mistaken, but I'm almost positive that it was proven that those were military flairs used for an exercise on the other side of the mountain range in Phoenix. After seeing numerous videos of it that seems the most likely explanation.

The triangles! I have a few theories. My first theory is a lot of the triangles people see are actually triangles..... with their poor vision. Even with good vision a distant plane can look like a triangle. Even Cessnas can look like a triangle from the right direction. I'm not saying that there aren't triangles or UFOs.... I'm just saying I believe there are more reports than actual credible sightings.

Now there are the BBDs that were mentioned. I've enquired about these with a few people and didn't get much of a response, just "oh yeah I've heard about them". The hypothesis which was in the posted link was that these were the next generation of material transports. The only problem I see at present, especially if they have been flying as long as has been claimed........ where do you store the damned things?

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
Some of you might remember those lights over Phonenix, AZ on March 1997. It was a massive city-wide UFO sighting. And believe it or not, the lights were in a triangular pattern.

The lights weren't in a triangle pattern. And the formation was much larger than a football field, from end to end it was over two miles by my apporximation, maybe larger. I've seen the videos of this, lots of different videos, and it's very clear that it isn't flying around. The lights all of the sudden appear, one by one, from left to right. The SLOWLY drift left to right and down. What you don't see in that picture is that there is a mountain range. Eventually some of the light start to go away. When you take the video and overlay a template of the mountain range the lights are disappearing as they are going behind the mountains. I'm not trying to be devils advocate or whatever, all I'm telling you is I've seen the videos of this and it's very clear that this isn't an aircraft but flares being released from an aircraft.

[edit on 29-11-2004 by intensity]

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Could any of these sightings simply be associated with seeing a B-2? Not all, but some. I remember seeing one at an airshow and I thought Darth Vader himself was going to step out if it landed. It was truly a sight to behold, actually seeing it, and not watching it on TV.

I think alot of what we see is from somewhere not of US origin.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Its possible that it could be a military air craft. Since it has been sighted over the US mostly i'd say its probably one of them experimental aircrafts that are being designed in Area 51
but if the aircraft aint manned by a human and lets say an alien instead, then thats just scary. I dun't think the world is ready for that, but when they come let us be ready.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Just a little something you should consider before writing off the Black Triangles as government aircraft... There have been sightings of these things for 50-60 years.

So we've been flying these massive craft around the world since 1950? Hmm....I think the problems with that idea are pretty obvious.

posted on Dec, 1 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
hey, Thank you Intelgirl and Intensity for answering my question, you definitly helped and I appreciate it a lot. You answered my questions with intelligent answers... thanks again

posted on Dec, 2 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Perhaps these are the craft preferred by the Nordics...Supposedly our closest intergallatic cousins...

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Maybe it is testing of the aurora project prototypes?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Zykloner

Given the distances to the nearest stars, and the amount of energy needed to open I'm Stein Rosen bridge, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that they might be from the future. Not here to warn us of impending doom or anything like that, but rather doing an archaeological type Study and every now and then the crafts Stealth capabilities are compromised for some reason. It would explain why there are no surviving pictures of anything, because if you had time travel you could make sure your presence continued to Stay Hidden. But sometimes I also happen to notice that many of these black triangle sightings occur on a Wednesday in the middle of the week and during the week of the New moon. Mini black projects are actually Tested under these conditions for various reasons. The big triangle sighting of Southern Illinois in 2000 was on a Wednesday night du

ring the week of the New Moon. The Phoenix lights also on a Thursday,

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I wanted to edit my last post as I am still getting used to the voice text feature on my phone. I better stick to the desktop for now. Anyhow, I encourage folks to look up what day of the week many of these sightings are, and what phase the moon is in. It of course could be just a coincidence. I sometimes wonder if it isn't a holographic projection since many are seen with smaller trailing lights and almost no sound. Off topic but I love this sight. Ive learned more in the last three days from this sight than a month of picking through others. a reply to: georgezip

edit on 12-9-2014 by georgezip because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-9-2014 by georgezip because: correcting my lame voicetext program

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
This craft and the nature in which it operates highlights the fundamental problems with society. It's there folks, all you have to do is look. I don't really know what else to say. People don't look up anymore, hell, it's almost now considered an uncool thing to do.

And people wonder why the military would be so stupid to fly such a thing in plain view.....

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Arpad

Absolute nonsense. There are thousands of people, like myself, that are obsessed with looking up. My hard drives are crammed with high resolution DSLR images of aircraft at every level between ground level and 40,000ft. There are many others like me.

So how come it's only the guys without decent cameras that see things such as the OP describes? Of course there are black projects that we are all straining to see, but I'm talking about actual sighting reports here. The fact that there's never ever a camera to hand strikes me as deeply suspicious.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Boy are flags made of gold and in short supply ?

I'm always ready to help a triangle thread.
I know there are a bunch of VeryLargeTriangle threads,
But this phenomena is about to be outed IMO.
And all info is worth investigating when it comes to VLT.
The tech stakes are too high to ignore.

There are LOTS of videos. Many are fake, but after years of accounts
a good number are clearly NOT bogus.
Google "Tinley Park Illinois" for a classic massive triangle video.
Or use your ATS discerning eyes to look for one this week.
That's how common they are now.

Thank God Chinese lanterns aren't being touted anymore
as the debunk for synchronous lights, separated by thousands of feet
that are hallmarks of actual VLT. What a load of Hooey.

The problem I find is ;
Although I believe the majority are US assets,
there are reports and 16mm film from the 1950's (and before)
that look and behave exactly like modern reports.

(See the 1956 USAF/Hollywood documentary "UFO ")
for an object filmed by the Air Force themselves.
This film is put through the USAFs' very own ringer
and found to be genuine.
One looks just like a triangle with two of its 3 lights on.
If you follow VLT sightings you'll know what I mean.

So the military may be 30 years ahead but they weren't
floating mile wide triangles when Elvis was King.

What I am absolutely sure of is that our Special Access Projecteers
would certainly float such a craft over whatever the heck they wanted.
City farm or yo momma's house. Certainly military installations &
without permission.Thats the whole Idea. Worried about a China's radar advancements? Float over El Mirage and if they don't see or hear you
you can assume you are green lit for China.

So this is EXACTLY what they are trying to relay.
They can penetrate anywhere.
And they want to gauge reaction. That's why they fell off the radar
for a few years after Phoenix in 97. It went a bit too far I'd wager,
& I bet they got the "cool it" order after that episode.

Whether it's a minor incident like shutting down an Illinois police officers car with electromagnetic waves or taking a tour of the Dome of the Rock.
A truly mass sighting like Phoenix in 1997 or El Paso Tx 10 years later,
is a very big deal indeed. Especially from a technological stand point .
A mile across? Floating silently ?
That's some tech Wired magazine would drool over.
Of course Wired would pretend like they were already in the know .
Which they are NOT, I might add..smug geeks...
Anyway;

Witness after witness from Phoenix in 1997 clearly stated
it was a huge V shaped craft.
The documentary "I KNOW WHAT I SAW " by James Fox
in the first 5 minutes clears up any doubt about whether the lights
appeared separate or was one VLT .

So Pub Comm Liaison Langley Va ?
Stop reading this and tell your superior,
.....We know what we see.....

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: waynos

All I can tell you is I see it and it comes out of nellis damn near everynight, and sometimes day. Tonight it took me two hours of waiting to glimpse it twice.

It hovered at least a few hundred feet and bloomed the ring thing on it's underside. Then a few minutes later it flashed it twice. For some reason I am lucky to see it often.

I can't make you beleive me without evidence but I can point you in the right direction. Watch for them near major airforce bases. And don't always expect a clear and straightup view.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

Google "Tinley Park Illinois" for a classic massive triangle video.
Ah yes the lights of Tinley. And yes, three lights do form a triangle. Early after my joining ATS:

My conclusion based on the light winds, descriptions and video of the lights, the fact that the siting on the 21st was the night of Ozfest and the next was on Halloween. It was a probable prank carried out with either "Chinese sky lanterns" or LED's inside of balloons. The fact that the lights appeared at the same time of year (when people are outside, enjoying the evening) on subsequent years bolsters this conclusion.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Would have to agree with some of the sceptical comments made about methods used for sizing etc in the Tinley Park analysis..

Found the Illinois Triangle sighting by the Police Officers to be more compelling.

Given the potential advantages of such an Aircraft/AirHanger/Skyhook/Laboratory/Space Elevator/ would someone with an "infinite" budget be able to develop such a system using discrete pieces of technology that are seemingly already in the public domain?: Almost Certainly.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join