It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the Black Triangles?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Huge football field sized craft are being reported all across the country. The ships are sometimes reported to have lights but are always silent. Many times top of the line military jets are dispatched to intercept the craft but are left in the dust. The �triangles� have the uncanny ability to drop from high altitudes to low in a matter of seconds.

Investigators used to believe that the �triangles� were a secret military project but with the sightings now occurring over major cities and interstates the theory is no longer plausible. So as to what the �triangles� are remains a mystery.

www.klas-tv.com...

Eyewitnesses all over the country are reporting glimpses of something large, dark and mysterious in the skies above big cities and busy highways. The crafts are often described as triangular in shape, silent in their movements, and of unknown origin, and they've been seen here in southern Nevada. It looks like these mystery craft might be a secret military project, but if so, why are they flying around in the open?

In 1997, thousands of eyewitnesses watched in awe as a boomerang-shaped formation of lights cruised slowly and silently over the city of Phoenix. "They're lined up in a pattern." Witnesses first thought these were separate lights, flying in formation, but quickly realized the lights were all part of a single, gigantic something.

Military officials were asked about the Phoenix lights but said they hadn't seen anything. Months later, they explained that a National Guard unit had been training with flares near the city. The public didn't buy it.

Eight years earlier, the airspace over Belgium was repeatedly violated by huge unidentified black triangles. Ten thousand witnesses saw them. Several were photographed. The Belgian Air Force dispatched F-126s to intercept and destroy the unknown intruders, but the triangles performed maneuvers that seem virtually impossible.

Dr. Colm Kelleher said, "They launched on several occasions top of the line military aircraft against these things and they were left in the dust. One minute they're overhead, and the next they're over the horizon."

NIDS Investigations of the Flying Triangle Enigma

AboveTopSecret.com Threads
NIDS Black Triangle Report Aug 2004
ATS: 'Black Triangle' Sightings on the Rise
Silent Running: 'Black Triangle' Sightings on the Rise
John Lear: The Black Triangle & The Bob White Object
Black Triangle With Lights

edit on 9/16/2014 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Why would the theory of these "black triangles" being military vehicles become invalid with sightings over major cities?

If the craft are sighted over American cities, and no effort is made to chase down these craft by our national defense.....then that leads me to believe they are ours and they are serving a purpose.

Now on the other hand if these craft are sighted in other countries and they do attempt to chase them down for trespassing in their airspace that leads me to believe that they just aren't in on the "project" and have no knowledge of who they belong to.

Any country with the knowledge to produce these craft isn't going to come out and tell the world about it. It would be a decisive military advantage among other things to have the know-how in this department. It would more than likely be flaunted to keep the ooh-ahh status circulated.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Natas313
Why would the theory of these "black triangles" being military vehicles become invalid with sightings over major cities?

The article states that the military would not fly a test craft over major cities if it was truly a military vehicle, sighting the test flights of most planes occured over deserts.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
BlackJackal

This is the USAF's A-12. I initially believed that these could be credited for the 'Black Triangles' however two problems with this theory.

1: Not nearly the size of a football field. As shown in this picture:

2: The project was canned in 1991 because of cost overruns and the elimination of the cold war.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal

The article states that the military would not fly a test craft over major cities if it was truly a military vehicle, sighting the test flights of most planes occured over deserts.

It's because of this that I no longer think they're just secret military aircraft. Flying top secret aircraft over major population centers goes against 60 years of prototype testing. There's plenty of places the government could test craft, even ones that big, without them being seen. I'm not one for NWO or mind control theories so, this leaves me with the conclusion that they're are "other-worldly".

By the way, there have been instances of US military aircraft being scrambled after these triangles have been sighted.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
What kind of a test flight of superior technology would keep to the old standards of flying over deserts is my point?

If it was ran thru all of the typical desert tests, which assuming it was for many years. Why wouldn't they take it to the next level and fly it over major cities. If the craft has the capabilities as stated by so many people it is fair to assume it would be a walk in the park to fly over any major city in the world with little to no risk of being identified and shot down.

Now I'm not crazy, but in august 1999 I witnessed a black triangle craft in southeastern Michigan. Silent, slow moving at maybe a few feet per second, a couple feet above the tree line within eyesight of a Nuclear power plant. I couldn't begin to tell you who it belonged to. But I know there was no effort on the crafts part to conceal itself aside from the fact it was flying slightly above the tree line, nor any effort by anyone to "engage" it for being in american airspace so close to a nuclear facility. I personally observed this craft for a period of 3-5 minutes before it disappeared past my view of the treeline out over towards Lake Eerie.

That being said, I believe and once again this is my personal opinion is that this craft does belong to the United States and is being put thru countless rigorous tests to test it's true capabilities. And then again I could be wrong and maybe it had a crew of the typical "little green men."
But I think the statement that these craft are not military and that they wouldn't test such a thing so close to major cities is utter disinformation. The things they perform on and around major center of population in this country is mind boggling, and none of us will ever know what the true extent of their tests on us is.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
A long long time ago my father saw one of these things he said it just stood there with no noise... there were cops watching and people were looking at it just there... it was in the paper and it was a long time ago so i dont have the paper. My father is sleeping but hes told me this story tons of times so here it goes my fathers a bus driver for ny not nyc but ny he was driving one day when he saw the same description of what black said in his first post he said it stood there for ahwile and i forget the rest but there were cops there and everyone was watching it, my father is sleeping right now but when he wakes up ill ask for details. Take to note that hes 60 and will not know how to use paint to draw it out for you guys
neither can i because i stink at drawing but ill ask for full details.. Ill get back to yahs

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
IMO it will be the "next great thing" to unite the public once this whole terrorism thing burns out. They are just instilling these "black triangle" images flying effortlessy across our country for the next big thing to take a grab at more power.
I mean these craft defy all logic in terms of aircraft that they just have to be extra-terrestrial is the statement we will be hearing. And the dumbed down america will follow suit and rally around whatever leader is in charge at that point in time.. It'll be a long time though before this happens, we got a lot of debt to get out of before they can suck us dry again you know what I'm saying.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Sounds exactly like the mysterious TR-3b. Its a very large black triangle shaped craft. Supposivly it can distrort gravity. I'm pretty sure theirs a thread or 2 on ATS here about it. Also go too any search engine and type in TR-3B.

Found one of the threads
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Well, the first thing I noticed about the article is that there is just wrong data. For example, they referred to the Phoenic lights of 1997 (I live in the area, and it was all over the papers). The article said: "Witnesses first thought these were separate lights, flying in formation, but quickly realized the lights were all part of a single, gigantic something."

That's simply not true. If you look back at the articles from the Arizona Republic and the East Valley Tribune, you'll notice that there was never any mention made of the hypothesis that it was a single large object. Even the people who thought the lights were some sort of alien spacecraft all thought it was a "fleet" of them. I think the backgrounders for that story must've made up the business to add credibility to their story.

And if you were there in Phoenix when it happened, you know they're simply not telling the truth.

Another thing I think is interesting is that there never have been any pictures published in the papers of these "football-field-sized" objects.

If, as the article purports, these things are flying all over the place, including over cities where there are bazillions of people, some with digital cameras, why hasn't anyont taken pictures of them. I'm not a UFO fan, but I always carry a digital camera with me, in case I come across a sunset or maybe a news story (big car wreck of something). Yet no one has ever managed to get a picturte. Hmmmmm....

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
In my opinion, I belive that they are military aircraft and are just keeping taps on our "free" population. I wonder if anyone has ever seen them out manuver scrambled jets or if this is just the news that is being released. I think that by keeping this "mysterious" it actually is helping this program. I doubt the public would be happy if they knew that the government was flying these monsters at low altitudes just to spy on the very people who pay their bills. I have actually had one of these things fly right over my head at about 1000 feet and I didn't get the impression that it was not of this world. Sure it was strange, and kind of shocking that I didn't hear it until it was right over me, but it still had the look of a earthly millitary aircraft. Now once these things start popping up over France, Russia, Germany, China, etc. at such low altitudes and can't be stopped then I'll start scratching my head.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   

What kind of a test flight of superior technology would keep to the old standards of flying over deserts is my point?

If it was ran thru all of the typical desert tests, which assuming it was for many years. Why wouldn't they take it to the next level and fly it over major cities. If the craft has the capabilities as stated by so many people it is fair to assume it would be a walk in the park to fly over any major city in the world with little to no risk of being identified and shot down.

Now I'm not crazy, but in august 1999 I witnessed a black triangle craft in southeastern Michigan. Silent, slow moving at maybe a few feet per second, a couple feet above the tree line within eyesight of a Nuclear power plant. I couldn't begin to tell you who it belonged to. But I know there was no effort on the crafts part to conceal itself aside from the fact it was flying slightly above the tree line, nor any effort by anyone to "engage" it for being in american airspace so close to a nuclear facility. I personally observed this craft for a period of 3-5 minutes before it disappeared past my view of the treeline out over towards Lake Eerie.

That being said, I believe and once again this is my personal opinion is that this craft does belong to the United States and is being put thru countless rigorous tests to test it's true capabilities. And then again I could be wrong and maybe it had a crew of the typical "little green men."
But I think the statement that these craft are not military and that they wouldn't test such a thing so close to major cities is utter disinformation. The things they perform on and around major center of population in this country is mind boggling, and none of us will ever know what the true extent of their tests on us is.

There are two reasons they test over the desert: safety and security! The safty component has to do with making sure nothing like a crash or an accidnetal weapons discharge happens near the public. The securty component is about keeping things secret. If you want to hide something, you don't put it where a lot of people are.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I'm gonna step out on a limb here and enter into a discussion I generally dont participate in here at ATS...
I have seen triangles (generally white or gray) around Nellis and Eglin AFB's... I don't know if this means they are primarily around bases like that or if it means I don't go to a wide variety of large metropolitan areas.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I saw it on TV last night on the Discovery Channel.

This Policeman saw one with 5 lights and contacted dispatch.

Another 5 officers saw the same thing. It was hige, but could move it different directions very fast.

The show was about Area 51.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Some of you might remember those lights over Phonenix, AZ on March 1997. It was a massive city-wide UFO sighting. And believe it or not, the lights were in a triangular pattern.

www.ufoevidence.org...
Summary: At approximately 6:55 p.m. (Pacific) on Thursday, March 13, 1997, a young man in Henderson, Nevada, reportedly witnessed a V-shaped object, with six large lights on its leading edge, approach his position from the northwest and pass overhead. This sighting is perhaps the earliest of a complex series of events that would take place during the next 2-3 hours over the states of Nevada, Arizona, and possibly New Mexico, and which would quickly become known as the �Phoenix Lights� sightings. It involved sightings by tens, or perhaps even hundreds, of thousands of witnesses on the ground, and it gave rise to a storm of controversy over what had caused the event.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:32 AM
link   
If these triangles are football field size and are supposedly military craft where are the football field size hangars?

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Here's the rest of the article that simulacra didn't quote:

"So what did they see? Well, there's no evidence that it was an extraterrestrial craft. But let's look at the map and just speculate a little bit...."

I am so sick of "speculation". It seems like that's all I ever get when we get right down to it on these UFO sites. Speculation.

"Was it one craft or several? Well, some witnesses seemed to see structure between the lights, and some did not, saying they saw stars between the lights. Maybe both were correct. The new daytime stealth technology based on electrochromatic panels could explain this."

Wrong. the new "daytime stealth technology based on electrochromatic panels" is still just barely out of the concept stage. Besides, aircraft designers don't give a rip about visible stealth; if the plane is quiet and above a thousand feet, you couldn't see it at night, anyway.

The things they want to make the plane stealthy against are heat seeking missiles and Bad Guys' radars. That's why the technology for stealth involves cooling exhaust and lowering the radar signature.

Besides, why would a Top Secret Thingamabo be using its "stealth technology based on electrochromatic panels" to hide itself while, at the same time, using all these light to make it visible?

It just doesn't make any sense.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Who ever said they were trying to hide it? Who ever said that these craft weren't beyond the prototype stage?

These sightings have been going on reportedly over 10 years now. So a rough guesstimate would say that are beyond the "prototype" stage and are in service. In service would mean that they would fly them wherever they please given the capabilities these craft possess. No need to worry what the public thinks........the government shows that arrogance daily, and I feel sorry for you, being the director of ignorance as you so claim, to not know that.

Who is to say they are carrying weapons, I myself have not read any report on these craft unleashing doomsday raygun annihilation kneel down and pray for mercy weapons upon anything. If you were to create a craft so advanced as this, wouldn't you not impliment multiple fail safes on every single aspect of this craft so in case something does go wrong there is a slim to no chance in hell of a weapon misfire or crash of the actual craft itself.......oh wait lemme guess that's not in human nature to protect a great scientific achievement like this with multiple failsafes, so you would obviously have to spend a century flying over cacti and brush in the desert just to "prove" the airworthiness of such a thing before it was deemed airworthy enough to fly over a few households,interstates, and major cities

What if it has already proved to be "that damned good" and unchallengable? You think they are going to just sit on it? Leave it in a hangar somewhere? I highly doubt it.

I guess it is easier for some people to just brush something like this off as an "alien" ship
I myself am not buying into it

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
i dont know how old this post is but anyway..

i think these were flares from military planes which they was testing, i watched a documentary on it, and it showed examples of it etc, but the weird thing is the flares they showed what they claim was in the sky that night, just fell to the ground, and also left a trail which these didn't

so im not actually sure on wether it was a military related activity or a et

[edit on 23-11-2004 by danius]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 12:45 PM
link   
KLAS TV has a video report from these sightings including some footage and interviews. Just scroll a little down the page and get a streaming pop-up

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join