Some people just shouldn't have access to social media.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Warning, semi-graphic picture in the link.
news.yahoo.com...

A woman decides to breast feed a puppy, arguably to save it's life. while that alone is a debatable topic, it is the fact that she took pictures of herself nursing the puppy and posted them on facebook.

The woman admits that prior to doing it, she felt the action she would commit was taboo. There is no explanation as to why she felt compelled to share her actions on Facebook,

My question is why? Why post it to facebook? Was she trying to create controversy? Did she think people would think it was cute? Did she think she would get attention for saving the puppies life?

Then of course there are the criminals that post evidence of their crimes on facebook, but my favorite are the stories of people who get fired after posing negative comments about their boss after they have friended their boss.

29 of the dumbest things people do on facebook

This one has me laughing. a burglar used the homeowners computer in the house he was breaking into to post to his own facebook profile.
blog.trutv.com...
edit on 7-2-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

So what. Health aspects aside, why do some societies go ape over anything to do with breasts. They are just a milk manufacture and delivery system. I really can't see the problem and I can't for the life of Moses see why this should be taboo.

Happens in nature now and again.

But OMG Breasts, OMG AHhhhhhhhhhhh.

P

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Allow me to express my feelings on this and most things people consider to be issues

"so what?"

did it hurt any living being? did it destroy someones property?

Then who cares and why?

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

pheonix358

So what. Health aspects aside, why do some societies go ape over anything to do with breasts. They are just a milk manufacture and delivery system. I really can't see the problem and I can't for the life of Moses see why this should be taboo.

P

With respect, I think you're missing the point. Be good, but don't be good publicly. That's all.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
You both are missing the point of my thread. The issue and topic is not what she did, the issue is why did she post it to facebook and dumb things posted to facebook.

I used it as an example because it created a controversy.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

My question is why? Why post it to facebook?

Because it is a website where everyone and anyone can post crap - intelligence is optional and not a requisite for membership.

I fear that this woman has caught facebookitis - an incurable disease whose symptoms include idiocy, immaturity, narcissism as well as an overwhelming desire to post crap no-one is interested in on a daily basis.

If you have a Facebook account you will find these traits amongst a good % of the users.

I do not have a Facebook account - but my better half does, I witness the above comments daily from her affiliates and others.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

The same reason it bothers you, the same reason I dont care, the same reason you posted a thread about it and the reaosn we are discussing it right this very minute.
Because she felt like it.
edit on 7-2-2014 by zombiefreekshow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

calstorm
You both are missing the point of my thread. The issue and topic is not what she did, the issue is why did she post it to facebook and dumb things posted to facebook.

I could guess that she posted it to Facebook for the very same reason that you have posted it here!

P

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
#grumpyeldercrossatsocialmedialikewotevsgranpa!
Squeezed a zit b4 and puss flewd into dj's mouth - #hawt!

(Op, totally agree! Social tools should be earned by adults who have perhaps undergone a decency test to ensure it's in safe hands and those that read it then learn what being social and creating a beautiful society is all about. When it's pop star after popstar trying to out-do each each other with lewdness, it becomes a norm, almost peer pressure like group that the teens of today carry with them and then mirror and amplify what they see. But it's too late now, the horse has bolted)
edit on 7-2-2014 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

pheonix358

calstorm

I could guess that she posted it to Facebook for the very same reason that you have posted it here!

P

Very possible. I personally do not have facebook, so maybe I am a bit sheltered when it comes to the things people post there.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I dont see the controversy. A nice breast, a cute puppy and an animal feeding another animal.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

calstorm
My question is why? Why post it to facebook? Was she trying to create controversy? Did she think people would think it was cute? Did she think she would get attention for saving the puppies life?

people do stupid things all the time...

why!?

I've not a clue, but THEY DO!?

this time/situation would seem moar for the 'exposure' than anything else.... imho...

otherwise !?

WT*!?

* not that she did, but That she felt the need/desire to post about it on wastebook, with pictures even. !?

people are strange ....

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Why'd she do it?

Because she an attention whore.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I agree with you. Unfortunately there seems to be right many folks that never grow out of the "any attention is good attention" phase of childhood. They cling to it and the rest of us are usually stuck trying to avoid them, not always being really successful in this technological age we live in now.

To OP... People like this have always existed, they just seemed to usually KNOW better than to brag about it. It was kept behind closed doors. People might have whispered about "so and so", but most of the time people knew where the "not in public" line was drawn. That line is all but nonexistent these days I think. Weird folks can congregate online and not feel quite so weird anymore. Sometimes that is a good thing...a lot of the time it should have stayed private.

I can only ASSume that most of them do it for the reason I stated above. Any attention is good attention. I generally don't care for any kind of attention myself, so I have a hard time understanding people like this.... but I know TONS of them exist. We see them all the time. Common sense is in short supply when people get online most of the time. It's like the power button on their PC's automatically drop their IQ's 50 or more points and that number increases with every half hour they do not get up afterwards.

I saw a video last night of a guy who thought (with friends now... not alone. can't be stupid on your own. got to have company.) that it would be funny to stick firecrackers in the pierced holes of his ears and light them. Blood was pouring out of his ear after they went off.... I don't get it. He looked to be about 30/35 well old enough to know better one would think. But alas, he got views and I guess that counts for something these days.

I think it will only get worse as time goes on.

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
People definately should keep more of their lives a little more private. I never understood people wanting their 15 minutes of fame. I want fortune, but would prefer to stay in the shadows. Some people seem to want so much attention they'll post anything and everything.

Cute puppy, but omg - little sharp teeth!!! I think I would have tried the bottle a little longer....

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   

pheonix358

P

Your post..just no. You think it's okay for a DOG to suck on a human female's tits?

Really?

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

You think it's okay for a DOG to suck on a human female's tits?

It is up to the women. No business of mine!

Can you put into words why you think this is so bad?

What bad things do you think will happen. The puppy was hungry, the women fed it. Big deal!

P

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Lol. Well, I don’t know about your milk manufacture and delivery system, but my milk manufacture and delivery system is quite sensitive, thank you.

I can only guess that only a male would refer to breasts in such a way. Would I be correct in my guess? And yes, I am female.

Maybe the reason for your opinion is because you don’t have breasts. If you had them, you may feel differently about them, and about certain issues pertaining to breasts.

I nursed my child, but I have to say I wouldn’t want to nurse a pup!

I have found all the comments on this to be interesting and/or amusing. I agree that it is attention-seeking. I see an awful lot of it on facebook.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by hellnotes

Yes, I am a male. As such I quite like breasts.

I believe a women can do with them as she wishes to.

I respect your views for your own breasts. Deal with them as you see fit.

But to condemn this women, no, I think not. She has a different attitude and yes, she may be attention seeking but hey, most people post on social media for that very reason. Hey look at me !!!!!!

Each to their own. I tend to find Western society's attitudes to sex, breast feeding, and nudity to be quite silly and amusing. Most taboo subjects are. Perhaps the woman derived pleasure from the experience. Is she allowed to?

P

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Facebook is a perfect way for idiots to broadcast their stupidity without the real world consequences. Twitter is the same as well. Charlie sheen gets paid more for a nonsensical rant than many writers get payed for an entire novel.

I have Facebook but I very rarely use it, due to the amount of trivial drivel, things such as "This person went to a cafe" or "this person has a cold" or "this person posted a photo of his latest scar." I swear that facebook kills brain cells but I can't prove it.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join