It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you thankful this Thanksgiving?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
We are living in a dangerous world. Unfortunately, in the past couple years it has gotten even more dangerous especially after we went to war in Iraq to stop terrorism. It seems to have backfired. It seems to be getting worse. The world is more dangerous and that danger closes in around us every day.

At home, I am disturbed by the violence, the astounding debt, the lack of jobs and lack of protection of our citizens both abroad and even at home. We are living in a world where people are filled with hatred; so much so that they are eager to change the constitution to deny some the same rights as others. We have a government that even changes the law so accused criminals can serve in high government positions.

I realize that Thanksgiving is a time to count blessings, to be thankful for what we have and who we are and not recount what is shameful. But recently, we must think harder about what we can be thankful for this holiday. We cannot be thankful for peace. We cannot be thankful for prosperity. We cannot be thankful for honesty and decency in those that guide us.

Personally, I am thankful for my family and my friends. I am thankful we have our health. Ultimately, those are the things that are the most important. That is what we need to cherish. I pray that we, as a Nation, will regain that vision.

I hope all of you ATS readers find thanks and happiness this Thanksgiving.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bootlug
I realize that Thanksgiving is a time to count blessings, to be thankful for what we have and who we are and not recount what is shameful. But recently, we must think harder about what we can be thankful for this holiday. We cannot be thankful for peace. We cannot be thankful for prosperity.

I agree with most of what you said and yet... Maybe the plank is too high? There is no super prosperity but the US is still pretty good in that area. There is no peace (was there ever peace on this planet?), but at least there is no world war. We have food to eat and still have our health. I don't take anything for granted and am grateful for that.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I am thankful to have my family ok and well and I am thankful of still being alive.

Now the only thing about thanksgiving to me is not what the people has make it to be but is just the official beginning of the holiday season and even when I am not a religious follower I find it to my liking and the feeling of that is makes me happier.

I like this time of the year.

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I think I speak for a lot of people when I say 'I'm thankful for America's past, worried about its future'

Not to mention that I wont be celebrating Thanksgiving properly this year. Take a look at my location.

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
My mother passed away from pancreatic cancer in May and this will be a hard Thanksgiving for me to enjoy without her presence. She cherished the holidays and having her family around.
I will make sure I am thankful that I am healthy, not a smoker or drinker and do what I can to take care of my body that God gave me.
I will be thankful for a roof over my head and a steady, good paying job.
I will be thankful that I'm free of my cheating ex-husband.
I will be thankful that I married Mr. Right, finally!
I am thankful that I live in a country that gives me freedom of speech!

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I'm thankful that we have a roof over our head that is paid for, 2 cars that are paid for, food in our freezers thanks to hunting and fishing, a wood stove to heat our house (since we haven't got a furnace
or the money to get one) my shoulder is almost healed an may only need one more operation, have semi-good health and a husband I'm pretty pleased with this week

So all in all yep - I am pretty thankful --

jm

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I'm grateful to be healthy and alive and glad my entire family is fine and doing ok.

I just wish we could all be together and not separated by thousands of miles!

I miss the great relationship i have with my 2 awesome sons and hope to go back to cape Cod soon so i can again be in their company and joke and laugh like we used to. My two sons are my best friends!!!

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I am thankful to all the men and women that put their lives on the lines for our freedom.
I am thankful for the parents I had that showed me it was good to help others and keep an open mind.
I'm greatful and thankful for my little family. The 4 of us are a team. I'm deeply in love with not only my kids, my spouse as well.
Thank you God for USAll!!

Oh yeah, Thank God for ATS!!!!!!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!

[edit on 23-11-2004 by Tesla]

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I'm thankful that we have a house that's paid for (it may not be the most spectacular house on earth, but it's nice and it's paid for), two cars that are paid for, a nice steady income, we're in good health (knock wood), and that my husband and I are as in love as when we first met.
There are a lot of good things in our life to be thankful for.
I worry about those who aren't as fortunate as us, for all those who are in harm's way overseas, and for all those who are suffering. I'm not a religious nut, but I do pray for all those who need help.
We're spending our first Thanksgiving since the loss of my mother-in-law (October 18) and it will be sad to be without her. But, we are thankful that she lived to the ripe old age of 97 full of vim and vigor and died a quick and painless death. I miss my Mom and Dad who died 7 years ago, but am thankful that they were in my life for 45 years. I miss my brothers who live thousands of miles away, but I am thankful that they are healthy, working, and have great families of their own.
All in all, I am a very lucky woman (and particularly lucky to have a wonderful husband) and I'm so glad that I was able to quit smoking!!!!!!!!
joey

top topics

join