It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Investigation of Henley Cottage (2RRR 88.5 FM Studios, Sydney, Australia)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Hi all,

I'm the host of Jolly's World of Web on Sydney's 2RRR 88.5 FM and during my time there I have noticed some odd things happen while closing up the station when I finish my shift at 3am in the morning...yep...graveyard shift.

My experience has been posted on reddit a while back.

On a couple of occasions (exactly twice this has happened) I have noticed something odd about the clock; when I looked up to check the time the hands were moving at a speed of about a few minutes a second! The first time this happened, I looked away thinking that I was just tired and looked back and to my surprise it was still going crazy! I had to get video of this so I pull my phone out and turn on the camera...the native camera app opened but the moment I set it to video the app would crash, I then tried about two or three more times but on those occasions the app wouldn't even open as a camera! I rebooted the phone and then once I had the app open I looked up and the clock was at the correct time; it was as if nothing had happened. It didn't happen for a week or so and I forgot about it...then it happened again but for a much shorter time; I still looked away then looked back and it was still happening so I get my phone from my pocket and open the camera app and by the time I looked back up at the clock...it had stopped again.

Tonight I have a team of paranormal investigators setting up shop in the station to find out if there is anything there and I'll have them in the studio as well. If you're interested it's 88.5 FM in Sydney Australia from 1 to 5 am. If you're overseas then I'd suggest either streaming from the station's website (www.2rrr.org.au) or using TuneIn Radio (search for 2RRR to find us).

The best way to start submitting questions for the paranormal team is to post your questions on Twitter using #jollynormal.

I hope you find the show interesting and entertaining at the same time. BTW, your questions don't have to be just about ghosts, the team will also be happy to discuss other areas such as UFOs and crypto creatures. I'd love to have you guys from ATS get involved.
edit on 7/2/2014 by comfortablynumb because: Formatting

edit on 7/2/2014 by comfortablynumb because: Grammar

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by comfortablynumb

Thanks for the invite, should be interesting to say the least. Hope they catch something solid for proof. Good luck and be careful.
Second line

posted on Feb, 7 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimithae

Cheers Dimithae, I think it should be OK considering it's usually just me in the station on my own and this time I'll have a team of guys experienced in this area with me...though they're leaving the station at around 3am and I'm there on my own till 5am

Weeeeeeeeee!

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Sounds like some type of portal is opening to another dimension at different times. Do you think your station sits on any ley lines?
Certain conditions from outer space can affect the ley lines and cause things like "time" to go crazy... like with the instruments in the planes that disappeared over the Bermuda Triangle.

That's just a thought you could consider.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Interesting thought there sled...I'll have to check that out before we go on air, you know, once I've finished prepping for the show. It's like University all over again...last minute lunatic!

In the meantime, if anyone has time to compare the location to ley lines here is the studio's location on Google Maps.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   

This is the best I can come up with. I don't have the computer knowledge or programs to overlap the ley lines on a map.
But it looks like there are some very close to where you are, right?

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
It's 3:20 a.m. where I am in the states. What time is it there, and when will it air?

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

sled735
It's 3:20 a.m. where I am in the states. What time is it there, and when will it air?

Firstly, thanks for getting the ley lines...looks like it isn't ley lines then; there's a significant distance from the Central Coast or Canberra...on a side note, it's rather interesting that a ley line goes through Canberra; I might have to investigate that at some time.

Looks like I haven't changed the show times on my site to reflect day light savings. From what I can gather, you're close to the east cost and based on what time it was when you posted that should be 8am Saturday morning your time. It starts at 1am Sydney time AEDT.

Sydney and USA Time Zones
edit on 8/2/2014 by comfortablynumb because: (changed link)

edit on 8/2/2014 by comfortablynumb because: changed time from 9am to 8am

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
It will be 9.00 am on the East Coast of USA when it is 1.00 am Sydney. I know this simply because I follow some data live coming out of the US.

During Australia's winter months and America's summer months, it would become 11.00 am on the East Coast at 1.00 am Sydney.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   

surrealist
It will be 9.00 am on the East Coast of USA when it is 1.00 am Sydney. I know this simply because I follow some data live coming out of the US.

During Australia's winter months and America's summer months, it would become 11.00 am on the East Coast at 1.00 am Sydney.

Cheers for that surrealist

I knew I didn't update my show times on the website (not that I have linked to my website Ts&Cs and all that).

The show is pretty much ready to rock...bout to have a shower and then head to the studio to help the team start setting up shop. Wish me luck...or something good

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Good luck. I won't be up at that hour to listen.
I sleep during the day because I work third shift.

Will you be recording the show?

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

sled735

Good luck. I won't be up at that hour to listen.
I sleep during the day because I work third shift.

Will you be recording the show?

No worries and thank you!

Ended up getting to bed at about 6 and sleep by 6:30am then up at 11am...it was my first 4 hour broadcast and I really enjoyed it!!! We had 5 paranormal investigators set up shop, 2 of which are mediums. They set up IR cameras in the hall way and a vibration meter, before setting up they scoped the place and surrounding area. It was a real eye opener!

We discovered that the clocks do in fact sync up which I was a bit disappointed about...they're hung up on either side of an old fireplace which looks like pretty solid concrete but alas they both have a hole cut out behind the and a wire connecting them to a sync server so my clock story turned out to be very explainable and mundane but I like that they look into everything and before jumping to a paranormal explanation they look for logical explanations first!

In answer to your question, yes, I will be uploading the podcast of the entire show to mixcloud in a moment (got the wav files from the audio logger at the station importing into Audacity now). Once the podcast is uploaded I can post the link here though I am not sure if that would be against Ts&Cs (I might ask the mods first).

Let me know guys if I can post the link to the podcast (it is a link to my website, so just want to make sure).

I think the crew also recorded some EVPs as well as IR footage so once they have had a chance to go through their data we'll see if anything came up and then if so we can post it online as well.

Thanks so much for your support! I really appreciate it!

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Well, at least you found something else to explore and talk about on a future show... the ley lines.

Looking forward to hearing your show. Hopefully the MODS won't have a problem with it being posted.

posted on Feb, 8 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Cheers! Ley lines is another topic for sure!

I hope to have the podcast up in the next few hours...still going through the 4 hours of raw audio...woooo!

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Subscribing to thread to get notified when your rewind is ready
I'd love to hear the Podcast

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Cheers zazzafrazz

Thanks for your support mate! It's much appreciated!

The more people in the media trying to educate our society the better, IMO.

Just uploaded not too long ago.

Okie dokie folks here it is!
Jolly’s World of Web: Sun 09 February 2014 (Paranormal Special)

If my page loads slow (it seems to be a bit like that atm) you can also go straight to mixcloud...I think they have better servers than mine

Lastly, I have a regular segment on my show called Jolly Astrology, it's at the bottom of each hour but if for some reason you want to hear (or read it) that on it's own then that's here or again on mixcloud

Again...mods, if you want me to remove these links as per Ts&Cs, that's fine, this is your site not mine, though I would like to start referencing ATS again on the show like I do with the drudge report. Good story...I know

edit on 9/2/2014 by comfortablynumb because: More gusto added

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I was only able to listen to the first hour due to bed time sneaking up on me. I'll continue later.

So far what I've heard is very good stuff.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Thanks so much for that! The team are only in for the first 2 hours, then then next 2 is me going through a few things in the news.

I'm glad you're liking it so far

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   
the clock is it hard wired into a system or is it one you can remove from the wall and it runs or batteries or something? If it is hardwired to a system the clock may have been updating, I have seen the same thing happen before.

posted on Feb, 10 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

sandman441
the clock is it hard wired into a system or is it one you can remove from the wall and it runs or batteries or something? If it is hardwired to a system the clock may have been updating, I have seen the same thing happen before.

One of the investigators was tall enough to get to the clock and check...it's got two wires plugged in through a hole that was drilled into the wall, one for power and the other connected to a sync server so a bit of a disappointment but at least the team always look for normal explanations before they jump to paranormal ones.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join